Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-26-2021, 05:06 PM  
Mindful Taoist German

Help Rausch switch to PC

I don't have the time, knowledge, or patience to build my own.

I selected the parts and compared cyberpowerpc, CLX, maingear, AVAdirect, Digitalstorm, and VRLA.

I ended up about $350 over what I wanted to spend but...eh.

So since I've been a Mac guy my whole life and never built a PC help me out. Don't hesitate to point out anything I missed or part conflicts. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Pic of specs in 1st post...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #2
Mindful Taoist German

Here's what I put together...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC FINAL2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	122534  
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:43 PM   #3
Supporter

pretty nice system, should do whatever you want for the most part. Later on you can update GPU and have a rockin system
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:20 PM   #4
Tre Right, Three Jet Chip Wasp

Good luck finding a decent GPU. Bot scalpers have destroyed the market. I almost feel like it might be better to just buy a premade if you're set on getting one now
Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Clyde Frog has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-26-2021, 11:59 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Good luck finding a decent GPU. Bot scalpers have destroyed the market. I almost feel like it might be better to just buy a premade if you're set on getting one now
And with the chip shortages, it’s going to like this for the next 12-18 months.

I’m not a gamer and needed a decent graphics card but had to pay more than double the price from just a year ago.

$179 for a GeForce 1030 is insane but that’s the cheapest I could find.

It sucks.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 03:17 AM   #6
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
That's what I'm doing I'm just paying extra to tweak it...
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 06:27 AM   #7
I'll be back.

Get 32 GB RAM

And welcome to the Master Race.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:33 AM   #8
Ain't no relax!

I think your liquid CPU cooler is a waste of money considering your case and case fans. If you want to shave some cost, that would be a good candidate.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #9
My Mamma Says

I just use my phone to post on CP..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #10
Live free or die hard

Whatcha going to be using this device for?

That's some useful info to help determine requirements.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #11
'Tis my eye!

I refuse to assist you in making your computing life more frustrating. Sorry.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #12
MVP

Shit time to buy right now. Depending on your demands, a gaming laptop might be an option for you. You don't sound like a man who is terribly interested in swapping internal components every year or two for the latest and greatest. I sell my gaming laptops roughly every 2 years and keep about 60% of the value.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #13
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
You don't sound like a man who is terribly interested in swapping internal components every year or two for the latest and greatest..
The plan was to buy up in the cheap stuff like RAM, MB, SSD, etc and just wait on a high end CPU and GPU for now.

I have no problem upgrading it piece by piece down the road. Well, I'll probably have someone else replace the processor and cooler. I'd prefer an air cooler myself but they didn't have one worth a damn on the site.

I'm essentially building a super console/streaming/media box that I can also use as my main PC in the living room. No, I really don't need more than 1080p right now so a top of the line GPU isn't needed. If I can get a better CPU I will.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #14
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I refuse to assist you in making your computing life more frustrating. Sorry.
Apple's new OS and insane pricing did that. Plus gaming on there is still a PITA...
Old 05-28-2021, 07:56 AM   #15
I'll be back.

Yeah skip the water cooling. That is enthusiast nonsense.

Standard HSF will be fine.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.