Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 PM  
Supporter

Games That are Hard as Hell

List your greatest gaming feats!

I've been going through a list of retro games that people consider HARD.

I just finished Ghosts n' Goblins (both loops) on NES. JFC it's the most frustrating game I've ever played. The controls are not great, and there are constant cheap hits. By far the angriest and happiest I've ever been playing a game.

I've 1 death'd Contra on NES. (far easier than people think)

Beat Ghouls and Ghosts on Genesis (this game is by far the best in the series)

Beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts on SNES (slow as ****, and pure memorization)

Mind you, it's pure attrition to get through these games. I don't use save states, I play the games as they originally would be played with checkpoints and continues.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:06 PM   #61
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Simon's Quest was hard in the way that you didn't know what to do or where to go at certain points.

There were a lot of hard NES games like that. Super Pitfall was one of them. There's a lot of hidden items you can only find by jumping in just the right spot to make them appear. You have to find them to beat the game. Then once you save the girl and do everything you're supposed to do, you have to go back to the beginning and jump in just the right spot, and that's supposed to trigger the end of the game. Totally cryptic BS pain in the ass.
I don't see that as difficult, that's just flat out ****ery bullshit.

I got Simon's Quest for Christmas and had to wait for Nintendo Power to tell me kneel down with the crystal to go to the next area.

**** that game, and the designers. You don't have to fight a boss FFS, Dracula is a ****ing joke. No enemies in the final mansion/castle?!

Ugh.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:16 PM   #62
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
Don't remember Smash TV or Operation Wolf but Double Dragon was fun.
Smash TV was great. it was the sequel to Robotron, the first twin stick shooter. there was a third game called Total Carnage that was in the same vein. those games were hard (Robotron hardest) but playable with a lot of practice. the Ikari Warriors games and Guerilla War were unrelentingly hard as soon as you start. those were the games that had spinner-knob joysticks controlling multi-directional fire.

heres an interesting tidbit for you gauntlet fans. since both gauntlet arcade games were hits, there was a 3rd gauntlet game that got approved for development. but while the game was being made, the Midway company got bought out by Bally. the new management scrapped the idea of a 3D gauntlet and made the game a sci-fi shooter instead. the final product was called Xybots.

Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:22 PM   #63
On one quarter

I remember this game was especially difficult. it had a slam-dial controller. i don't think there were any other games that had that. I liked it though because I was a fan of the Brian Colin pixel art in games.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:53 AM   #64
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I don't see that as difficult, that's just flat out ****ery bullshit.

I got Simon's Quest for Christmas and had to wait for Nintendo Power to tell me kneel down with the crystal to go to the next area.

**** that game, and the designers. You don't have to fight a boss FFS, Dracula is a ****ing joke. No enemies in the final mansion/castle?!

Ugh.
I never did beat Simon's Quest because of that part with the red crystal. I got stuck with nowhere to go. I didn't know about kneeling down with the red crystal equipped. And that was that. I moved on to other games. I might have to get revenge on that game now that I know all the BS things to do thanks to the AVGN review. I have that Castlevania collection on PS.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:39 AM   #65
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

The man who made 'the worst video game in history' - BBC News

Were truckloads of 'E.T.' Atari cartridges buried in New Mexico? A film  crew is about to find out - The Verge

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - Atari 2600 - Worst VIdeo Game Ever 1982 -  YouTube

This game had no point to ET , pun intended.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:13 AM   #66
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
Simon's Quest was hard in the way that you didn't know what to do or where to go at certain points.

There were a lot of hard NES games like that. Super Pitfall was one of them. There's a lot of hidden items you can only find by jumping in just the right spot to make them appear. You have to find them to beat the game. Then once you save the girl and do everything you're supposed to do, you have to go back to the beginning and jump in just the right spot, and that's supposed to trigger the end of the game. Totally cryptic BS pain in the ass.
Probably designed to get you to call the NES Tips Hotline.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:43 AM   #67
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
Probably designed to get you to call the NES Tips Hotline.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit on the NES had a help tip line actually given to you in the game that has been taken over by a sex chat line nowadays.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #68
My work speaks for itself!!!

by the way, "high score" is a docuseries on Netflix that goes over the start and rise of video games, etc.

Pretty good stuff.

I recall several minutes spent discussing Nintendo Power and the NES tips hotline. They feature a guy who was pretty young and he tells his story of how he got a job there, etc.

Entertaining.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:06 AM   #69
Veteran

Little Mac: "Doc, Bald Bull hit me so hard cerebrospinal fluid is running out of every hole in my body - what should I do?!"

Doc: "Join the Nintendo Fan Club today, Mac!"
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #70
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
You haven't really beaten a SoulsBorne game until you've soloed the DLC bosses. ****ing Orphan of Kos and Midir.
**** Midir!!! Beat every one in those games but him. Raaaaage. Gael was a fun challenge to learn, the Midir fight is just a complete piece of shit.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:51 AM   #71
Supporter

Check off Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden for the NES.

Both games seemed impossible when I was a kid, now I can blow through them.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #72
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

ME TW II - On Very Hard.....

I can't tell you how bad the Mongols ****ed up my Crusade while I was in the holy land.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:29 AM   #73
"Think BOOM!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Zone_(video_game)
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:31 AM   #74
On one quarter

salt and sanctuary

Noita