Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 PM  
Supporter

Games That are Hard as Hell

List your greatest gaming feats!

I've been going through a list of retro games that people consider HARD.

I just finished Ghosts n' Goblins (both loops) on NES. JFC it's the most frustrating game I've ever played. The controls are not great, and there are constant cheap hits. By far the angriest and happiest I've ever been playing a game.

I've 1 death'd Contra on NES. (far easier than people think)

Beat Ghouls and Ghosts on Genesis (this game is by far the best in the series)

Beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts on SNES (slow as ****, and pure memorization)

Mind you, it's pure attrition to get through these games. I don't use save states, I play the games as they originally would be played with checkpoints and continues.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:28 PM   #46
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
Fiance has a Nintendo Switch, and with the membership you get a free NES and SNES emulator with free games.

NES Ninja Gaiden is on there. Hard as **** just as I remember but still fun as hell.
Isn't that the one with like no saves or something?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #47
Supporter

No saves, infinite continues. If you die on the final boss it puts you at the beginning of the level.

It has bounce hits, meaning if an enemy hits you you bounce like in Castlevania. Leads to a lot of insta-deaths.

**** Ninja Gaiden. I can no death that entire ****ing game until the final stretch. JFC that game.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:39 AM   #48
My work speaks for itself!!!

I also found all of the "super" star wars games to be extremely difficult.

I think they started on the NES.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #49
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
I also found all of the "super" star wars games to be extremely difficult.

I think they started on the NES.
Great games. I've beaten 1 and 2 on normal difficulty.

I picked of Jedi in 96' at Toys R' Us and never got into it.

I never had a problem with the 1st one. The ESB Vader final boss could be a turd, but he gives you force refills constantly so you have to be patient.
Old 03-20-2021, 05:13 PM   #50
Mahomes Dynasty

Ninja Gaiden
Castlvania
The orig TMNT game, not the arcade game
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:05 PM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post

Spinoff NON thread ..What Stand up arcade games were you addicted to?
Mine was Front Line by Taito, I could play for hours on 1 quarter.

Donkey Kong, Tron, Galaga, Gauntlet
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:49 PM   #52
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Donkey Kong, Tron, Galaga, Gauntlet
I played all of them, I was ok at Donkey Kong, Galaga I was never great at. Gauntlet was hard and I didn't last long. Remeber the Star Wars game where you had to take out the death star?

Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #53
Veteran

Quote:
Galaga I was never great at.
I loved that game. There was a trick that made it much easier. If you didn't kill the last two "bee" ships in level two they would eventually stop firing. Kill them then, and no enemy would fire at you for the rest of the game.

I liked Double Dragon (pretty much any sidescrolling button masher honestly), Smash TV, and Operation Wolf.

Last edited by Mennonite; 03-23-2021 at 02:24 PM..
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:04 PM   #54
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
I loved that game. There was a trick that made it much easier. If you didn't kill the last two "bee" ships in level two they would eventually stop firing. Kill them then, and no enemy would fire at you for the rest of the game.

I liked Double Dragon (pretty much any sidescrolling button masher honestly), Smash TV, and Operation Wolf.
I never put in enough quarters to find out. I basically went to the mall with 1 to 2 dollars and that had to last a while.

Don't remember Smash TV or Operation Wolf but Double Dragon was fun.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #55
That's just f***in' stupid

git gud!

Dark Souls series- 3rd person action/adventure game where you will die over and over and over and over...

Hollow Knight - metroidvania side-scroller with brilliant, well, everything. This game is damn near perfect. The Path Of Pain is an absolute platforming nightmare, and Steel Soul mode is impossible for us regular humans. If you have not played it, do yourself a favor and buy a copy.

Dead Cells - another brilliant side-scroller; action, hack, slash, burn, destroy!
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #56
Starter

Quote:
I never put in enough quarters to find out. I basically went to the mall with 1 to 2 dollars and that had to last a while.

Don't remember Smash TV or Operation Wolf but Double Dragon was fun.
I think Operation Wolf had an uzi type gun you used,if i remember it was pretty fun.And Front Line as you mentioned was a great game too.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #57
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Groan.

Castlevania.

I can get to Dracula the old fashioned way, can never beat him.

Simon's Quest was a mother ****ing joke compared to I and III.
Simon's Quest was hard in the way that you didn't know what to do or where to go at certain points.

There were a lot of hard NES games like that. Super Pitfall was one of them. There's a lot of hidden items you can only find by jumping in just the right spot to make them appear. You have to find them to beat the game. Then once you save the girl and do everything you're supposed to do, you have to go back to the beginning and jump in just the right spot, and that's supposed to trigger the end of the game. Totally cryptic BS pain in the ass.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #58
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 View Post
I think Operation Wolf had an uzi type gun you used,if i remember it was pretty fun.And Front Line as you mentioned was a great game too.
i loved operation wolf. Especially when you died. "YOU HAVE BEEN MORTALLY WOUNDED" or
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:22 PM   #59
The man you could post like.

You haven't really beaten a SoulsBorne game until you've soloed the DLC bosses. ****ing Orphan of Kos and Midir.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:33 PM   #60
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post

that is from bad dudes.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.