Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 PM  
Supporter

Games That are Hard as Hell

List your greatest gaming feats!

I've been going through a list of retro games that people consider HARD.

I just finished Ghosts n' Goblins (both loops) on NES. JFC it's the most frustrating game I've ever played. The controls are not great, and there are constant cheap hits. By far the angriest and happiest I've ever been playing a game.

I've 1 death'd Contra on NES. (far easier than people think)

Beat Ghouls and Ghosts on Genesis (this game is by far the best in the series)

Beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts on SNES (slow as ****, and pure memorization)

Mind you, it's pure attrition to get through these games. I don't use save states, I play the games as they originally would be played with checkpoints and continues.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:46 PM   #31
Ain't no relax!

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:47 PM   #32
Ain't no relax!

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #33
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Bloodborne and Dark Souls are brutal but fair once you've fully grasped the mechanics. Some of these games are just straight up unfair either by design or the flaws in technology at the time.
After beating Demon's Souls remastered a few times, I went back and finished bloodborne. What a ****ing ride. I'm on the last boss of the DLC, which btw is very high quality. It's one of my favorite DLC's of all time. New weapons, levels, enemies, bosses...

I'm already gearing up for Sekiro, but I'd really like to pay $20 and it's just not there yet.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #34
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
This ****ing game:

And this one:

Tough as nails action game.

FTL, Easy is hard in most games

And finally, the hardest game yet:
I had no problems with Phantasy Star II
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #35
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I finally beat Karteka after like 2 months of continuous trying. Loved that game, hated that game.
I loved Karateka on Commie 64, did you ever play Aztec on the Apple 2?
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #36
Supporter

The Apple 2 games I played were Hard Hat Mack, Karateka, and Castle Wolfenstein.

No joystick, either. Ugh.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #37
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
The Apple 2 games I played were Hard Hat Mack, Karateka, and Castle Wolfenstein.

No joystick, either. Ugh.
Yup those made me fall in love with gaming, oh the days....

Hard hat Mack I sucked badly at lolz, like Dragons Lair at the arcade.

Spinoff NON thread ..What Stand up arcade games were you addicted to?
Mine was Front Line by Taito, I could play for hours on 1 quarter.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:32 PM   #38
My work speaks for itself!!!

Bloodborne.......still trying to finish Demon's Souls (about 75% through it).

Never did finish the original castlevania on Nintendo.....i'm too impatient.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #39
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
Bloodborne.......still trying to finish Demon's Souls (about 75% through it).

Never did finish the original castlevania on Nintendo.....i'm too impatient.

**** Caslevania. I can handle getting my ass beat by Mike Tyson in Punch Out but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend time on a game where stairs are your toughest opponent.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #40
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
**** Caslevania. I can handle getting my ass beat by Mike Tyson in Punch Out but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend time on a game where stairs are your toughest opponent.
I think I made it to Dracula once or twice, but didnt have enough to get past him.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #41
Supporter

Groan.

Castlevania.

I can get to Dracula the old fashioned way, can never beat him.

Simon's Quest was a mother ****ing joke compared to I and III.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:27 PM   #42
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
Yup those made me fall in love with gaming, oh the days....

Hard hat Mack I sucked badly at lolz, like Dragons Lair at the arcade.

Spinoff NON thread ..What Stand up arcade games were you addicted to?
Mine was Front Line by Taito, I could play for hours on 1 quarter.

I was addicted to quite a few arcade games. when i was down to my last quarter, I would play Time Pilot. the best i did on one quarter was to roll the game 2x. I really liked BMUps too. my friend and I beat Ninja Warriors with $8. I had 3 friends play D&D shadows over Mystara with me. we beat that with $22. and then we did it again with $8.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:08 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
I had no problems with Phantasy Star II
I was probably 8 years old when I played it. Was very hard at that time, and I believe I got stuck because I threw away Dynamite which was needed to access one of the first dungeons. Also, the dungeons at the time were big confusing mazes; easy to get lost. But this game was awesome, especially for the time.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #44
How tall is this thing?

Fiance has a Nintendo Switch, and with the membership you get a free NES and SNES emulator with free games.

NES Ninja Gaiden is on there. Hard as **** just as I remember but still fun as hell.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #45
Politically Incorrect

I thought finishing Legend of Zelda was a big accomplishment back in 1985 or 1986.

Today my big thing is point and click or escape room games like Submarine Series from Matuez Skuknik
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.