Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-16-2019, 05:54 PM  
Kind of a mod

MCU Meta Discussion

The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #61
mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #62
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
You mean an announcement or like knowing that X-Men won't be a thing till 2021?
more like 2030 similar to the timeframe of Schumacher's Batman and Robin to Nolan's Batman Begins
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #63
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
more like 2030 similar to the timeframe of Schumacher's Batman and Robin to Nolan's Batman Begins
8 years between those. So like 2027.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #64
Supporter

Pretty interesting approach IMO. Not my typical perspective when approaching a movie, but still an interesting watch.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #65
mod-ish

I enjoyed watching that. Made me wonder if his conclusions were all predetermined by the writers beforehand, or if it the Cap trilogy just grew into that narrative and story over time. Either way, great observations.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I enjoyed watching that. Made me wonder if his conclusions were all predetermined by the writers beforehand, or if it the Cap trilogy just grew into that narrative and story over time. Either way, great observations.
Yeah. Hard telling. Either way, of all the accomplishments of the MCU, the directional choices, the capacity of management to work with the directors and vice versa, cannot be overstated. It isn't the properties that make it work, they could make movies about Puff the Magic Dragon and it would still be amazing. I mean FFS, a foul mouthed CGI racoon can tug on my heart strings by caring about a tree.

That being said, as we move this thing further into space, I have some concerns, albeit with no historical basis.

Looking back over all the properties, my favorite ones deal with humans. Cap, IM, Hawkeye, etc. What resonates with me is the more grounded storylines. Those don't really come through as heavily in the space stuff.

I mean, they've done really well (See Rocket's ridiculously good emoting), but I have concerns nonetheless.

But like I've said, they've earned the rope to hang themselves with.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #67
mod-ish

I'm a big Galactus/Surfer nerd. Found this video with some interesting ideas about how Marvel might introduce both going forward.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyAU02Fevg
Old 08-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
True. But she's a really good actress. Would be a shame to have her relegated to that.
She's a good actress and Valkyrie is a good character. They don't have to make her become Thor to do something with that.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:03 PM   #69
In Search of a Life

The MCU has ended. Everything else now is just the Wokeverse.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #70
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
How will Marvel survive on their billions and billions in future box office returns.

Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:38 AM   #71
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I don't really think that's the case, but I am highly skeptical that we'll ever see a run like the Thanos era. They're just trying to do too much moving forward. I'm sure 90% of it will be quality content, but I just can't imagine it all tying together so well as the first 10 years did.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #72
__

I wouldn't be so sure. Thor, Cap, and Stark were really the most popular characters, that much is true.

But Spider-Man is a money maker, and Captain Marvel and Black Panther both destroyed the box office more than any stand alone Thor, Cap, or Stark movie -- look at the numbers. Those three are clearly the headliners for the next phase, JPB's many tears be damned.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #73
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I don't really think that's the case, but I am highly skeptical that we'll ever see a run like the Thanos era. They're just trying to do too much moving forward. I'm sure 90% of it will be quality content, but I just can't imagine it all tying together so well as the first 10 years did.
Feige has openly stated it. The casting makes it clear that it's happening. So I don't know what it is that you don't think is the case.

Going to the Wokeverse may work out. I doubt it, but it's possible. I do know that it's not working with Star Wars, and that a lot of Marvel fans want no part of what's happening.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #74
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
How will Marvel survive on their billions and billions in future box office returns.

Yeah, it's working out so well for Star Wars, as box office is declining rapidly.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #75
__

Quote:
Yeah, it's working out so well for Star Wars, as box office is declining rapidly.
And yet Marvel has gone in the other direction, has it not?

T'Challa and Captain Marvel have the two biggest box office returns for solo movies. (I probably don't need to sell you on Spider-Man.)