Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-16-2019, 05:54 PM  
Kind of a mod

MCU Meta Discussion

The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:45 AM   #31
Roy E.

Here's a good breakdown of what's to come in Phase 4.

Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #32
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
And not to take this down some type of SJW/Wokeness hole, but is it really necessary to have Jane Foster become Thor? I know she did it in the comics, but in the MCU it feels cheapened somehow after Cap could wield Mjolnir. Odin is out the ether somewhere screaming out "YOU CAN WEILD THE HAMMER AND YOU CAN WEILD THE HAMMER WHO ELSE WANTS TO WIELD THE HAMMER????"

Spare me Lady Thor and give me Beta Ray Bill.
So you want too see Beta Ray Bill, another character who is capable (and was in fact the first to wield Mjolnir after Thor got it) of wielding Mjolnir, instead of Jane's Thor?

Beta Ray Bill fits nicely in the Galactic turn they are taking at Marvel... I can't imagine it will be long before we see him.

On the plus side...

Spoiler!
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #33
The Demon Preacher

As for Blade... I was really hoping they would bring Snipes back and do a story line where he teaches his daughter to take up his trade. That would have fit in nicely with the girl power movement that is coming up.

I like Ali as an actor and he has the seriousness to pull it off. I don't know if he is even remotely athletic enough to pull off the role. At the risk of making myself feel old but... he feels too old to be playing a "new" Blade.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #34
MVP

The big question for the new Thor movie is how are they going to bring the hammer back? Cap returned it to the past. So unless a new one is forged, this could very well be a multiverse type situation when it is in an alternate universe.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #35
All about that Paper Boi

I'm no type nearly as excited for these next phases as I was the previous ones.

.. but that could all change if they knock X Men and Blade out of the park.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #36
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
So you want too see Beta Ray Bill, another character who is capable (and was in fact the first to wield Mjolnir after Thor got it) of wielding Mjolnir, instead of Jane's Thor?

Beta Ray Bill fits nicely in the Galactic turn they are taking at Marvel... I can't imagine it will be long before we see him.

On the plus side...

Spoiler!
Yes, for the reasons you said. I'm looking forward to the cosmic side of Marvel, but that said I'm positive I'll still watch Jane Thor. Had Cap NOT lifted Mjolnir, I'd probably be more interested in what they do with Lady Thor. Still am I guess, but like I said, it just feels "been there done that" a little bit for me.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yes, for the reasons you said. I'm looking forward to the cosmic side of Marvel, but that said I'm positive I'll still watch Jane Thor. Had Cap NOT lifted Mjolnir, I'd probably be more interested in what they do with Lady Thor. Still am I guess, but like I said, it just feels "been there done that" a little bit for me.
But if we’re picking I’ll take cap smashing thanos with the hammer.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #38
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
But if we’re picking I’ll take cap smashing thanos with the hammer.
Oh yeah, don't ever get rid of that.

Speaking of, I feel pretty positive that we will see Thanos again, particularly with the Doctor Strange Multiverse movie. Plus the Loki series was confirmed to be the Loki that escaped with the Tesseract after getting his ass beat by Hulk in the original Avengers, so they're already dabbling in alternate universe versions of the characters.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:20 PM   #39
Stay positive, don't give up

No one read Mighty Thor run huh? Jane Foster being a badass is not new.

One of the best Thor runs by Jason Aaron imo but all of his Thor has been awesome

I'm very excited for the new movies.

Last edited by Sure-Oz; 07-21-2019 at 05:28 PM..
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #40
Andy Reid Supporter

Jane Foster taking over and Valkyrie is LGBTQ. Feels like Captain Marvel all over again
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #41
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Jane Foster taking over and Valkyrie is LGBTQ. Feels like Captain Marvel all over again
Guess you can spend your theater dollars on the trash DC is putting out these days instead, eh?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:01 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It's only going to progress that way..I mean you k kw the Russo brothers are gay?
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:31 AM   #43
The Boom Boom Room

Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:46 AM   #44
Plays to win the game!

I'm sorry but Jane Foster needed to die with Thor 2. Bringing back Natalie Portman and finding some crazy way to give her the powers of Thor is a stretch. This isn't Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman, it's Gwenyth Paltrow being skilled all of a sudden in an Iron Man suit to take down Thanos kind of a stretch.

Sad that they've announced that Mahershala Ali as Blade won't be apart of Phase 4. That casting announcement was the best by far.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #45
Roy E.

Quote:
“As new king [of Asgard], she needs to find her queen," said the actress during the studio's Comic-Con panel.

Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie looks to be breaking ground for Marvel Studios as its first out LBGTQ hero.

In the aftermath of Avengers: Endgame, Valkyrie assumed the role of ruler of New Asgard, the town populated by refugee Asgardians. “As new king [of Asgard], she needs to find her queen. That will be the first order of business," said Thompson during Marvel Studio's Hall H panel at Comic-Con.

Thompson was talking about her character Valkyrie, who will be appearing in the fourth Thor movie, now titled Thor: Love and Thunder, which will also see the return of Chris Hemsworth as the Norse god and Natalie Portman, who will play female Thor.

This isn't the first time the actress has openly talked about her character's sexuality. Ahead of Thor: Ragnarok's release, Thompson told Rolling Stone that director Taika Waititi pitched her the character as being bisexual, as she is portrayed in the comic books. (Waititi will be returning to write and direct Love and Thunder.) However, the film itself did not address her sexuality. Thompson's comments suggest that will change in Love and Thunder.

Valkyrie would be the first LGBTQ superhero in a Marvel movie.

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has long promised the MCU would include an LGBTQ hero. Filmmakers The Russo Bros. included the studio's first openly gay character in Avengers: Endgame. Co-director Joe Russo played a gay man lamenting the loss of his partner in a Captain America-led therapy session in the most recent installment of the Avengers series.

"We've done four of these films and it was incredibly important to us to have a gay character represented somewhere in one of these four movies," Joe Russo told The Hollywood Reporter ahead of Endgame's release. "We felt so strongly about it that I wanted to play that character in the film."

Thor: Love and Thunder opens Nov. 5, 2021.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote