Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 PM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Shared fences and other property issues

I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.

Last edited by 007; 05-18-2018 at 10:47 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #286
It was not a fair catch

Had to rent a cleaner. Thinking the city had a good talk with him
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:30 PM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Had to rent a cleaner. Thinking the city had a good talk with him
Hopefully guy got fined out the ass. He sounds like a huge piece of shit
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #288
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
I read through the thread, but didn't see where this was totally resolved. Did I miss that post?

I get that you aren't (weren't) concerned with a few feet of land - but aren't (weren't) you paying taxes on it? If yes, and the neighbor wanted to be an asshat - then find out what needs to be done to officially make it his so HIS property tax can go up.

Recently my neighbor started a half-assed project to extend his driveway. So I wandered out to see exactly what he was doing (he had already made a huge trench with their vehicles on my side because neither he or his wife are competent drivers). He excitedly explained his plan to me while I just stared at him. (he planned on taking over 4 feet (wide) of my side yard the entire length of their driveway)

My response went along the lines of: "Well, that's all well and good - but if you do sell the house in a couple years, you'll sure as hell rip this out prior to it getting listed. I damned sure won't be dealing with a property line dispute.

The we just stared at each other until he said that he just thought it would be "fair" if we split the land 50/50. I told him that's not how these things work and he needs to check the survey that he had done when he bought the property. Or... he could go off of our shared fence (mine!) that I had installed after I bought the house (I had the property lines re-verified before the contractor put up the fence).

I've made landscaping that side yard a priority this summer to really make it obvious that I won't be allowing him to park his trailer or any of his other trash there either. His stuff looks like a shitshow...

Never really got resolved. I just have to keep cutting back their weeds. If course now my other neighbors put up a batting cage and are ruining the shared fence and leaving their balls in my yard when they get through.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:17 PM   #289
New and Improved

I had a problem with the renters and owner next door. The POS renters ( a few different ones over about a six year period) would not keep their side of the fence trimmed and the scumbag owner wouldn't do any maint. on the p[lace. It had got to the point where there were 3 trees growing into the fence. Each one of them were at least 20 foot tall.

My solution was on the day after the last renter moved out, early that morning, I slipped over the fence with my nice quiet electric chainsaw and dropped all three trees into their backyard. Nobody heard or seen anything. When word got back to the owner that nobody wanted to rent a house with a backyard completely full of fallen trees the asshole finally paid someone to take care of the problem. He seems to be paying a bit more attention to the upkeep nowadays.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #290
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I had a problem with the renters and owner next door. The POS renters ( a few different ones over about a six year period) would not keep their side of the fence trimmed and the scumbag owner wouldn't do any maint. on the p[lace. It had got to the point where there were 3 trees growing into the fence. Each one of them were at least 20 foot tall.

My solution was on the day after the last renter moved out, early that morning, I slipped over the fence with my nice quiet electric chainsaw and dropped all three trees into their backyard. Nobody heard or seen anything. When word got back to the owner that nobody wanted to rent a house with a backyard completely full of fallen trees the asshole finally paid someone to take care of the problem. He seems to be paying a bit more attention to the upkeep nowadays.
Nice job
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #291
Starter

I have a neighbor who does some wild stuff. Had a firepit in my yard, parks in my yard, has his trash cans on my property line.

I had no issues with any of that, until he comes to me and asks me to get my dogs to use the bathroom on the other side of my yard because they are going "too close to his yard and his house".

After that, I told him to get all of his stuff off the property line, but I'm still trying to find a solution to blocking him from walking into my yard. Thinking about a fence and some privacy bushes to really divide the line and make sure he stops putting these trash cans in my yard and stops walking through it.
LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.LittleMeatballNick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #292
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick View Post
I have a neighbor who does some wild stuff. Had a firepit in my yard, parks in my yard, has his trash cans on my property line.

I had no issues with any of that, until he comes to me and asks me to get my dogs to use the bathroom on the other side of my yard because they are going "too close to his yard and his house".

After that, I told him to get all of his stuff off the property line, but I'm still trying to find a solution to blocking him from walking into my yard. Thinking about a fence and some privacy bushes to really divide the line and make sure he stops putting these trash cans in my yard and stops walking through it.

a shotgun?
seriously, he's shitting all over you.

I'd burn down his home, **** and then cook his chickens, shit in his garbage cans, do his sister, then his mother and then his wife and if that didn't work I'd stash and oz of blow on his and rate him out.

No mother****er coming to my piece of earth, disrespecting it and walking away unscathed.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:14 AM   #293
Who's the masta???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick View Post

You need to knock on his front door, when he answers, drop a deuce on his front porch while maintaining eye contact to establish dominance. Then when he starts to speak, tell him to shut his manpleaser and to respect your property.
MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.MeaTy The Pimp would the whole thing.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:10 AM   #294
It was not a fair catch

#1 rule. Dont be an asshole. What makes people think they can take over others property?

THen why is it so difficult to call out the asshole. My friend the city cop said that is what they do and are here to help take care of that. It helps to be a low end city employee.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #295
Veteran

Damn sure glad I live in the middle of a quarter section after reading this thread
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:31 AM   #296
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post

I mean, I'm glad that it worked out for you, but I'd personally be a little hesitant to do that level of property damage. If they found out it was you, they could come after you for full replacement cost, which would be pretty pricey with three established trees.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #297
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I mean, I'm glad that it worked out for you, but I'd personally be a little hesitant to do that level of property damage. If they found out it was you, they could come after you for full replacement cost, which would be pretty pricey with three established trees.
When you do something like this you make sure there are no witnesses. They'd let the rest of the yard and fence line get overgrown. The house on the other side of this one was vacant and you couldn't see what I was doing from the street or any other neighboring houses.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #298
Fight, build, win!

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #299
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Never really got resolved. I just have to keep cutting back their weeds. If course now my other neighbors put up a batting cage and are ruining the shared fence and leaving their balls in my yard when they get through.
Sounds like you need to move to a place where there is some elbow room. Ever think about rural Missouri? Not crazy rural... about an hour out of KC.

Lots of land and home on the cheap out here.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:59 AM   #300
MY LITTLE #15

Great question for a real estate attorney. I work for one who handles this type of thing, but Missouri law isn't Kansas law. These types of attorneys are usually hourly based (vs. contingent), and may or may not do free consultations. It would definitely be worth a call to find out, though.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.