Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 06-21-2021, 09:18 AM  
__

Mock (6/21)

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs do well this coming season. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. Before the 2021 season starts: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif is traded with a 2022 6th round pick to the Houston Texans for OT/G Tytus Howard and a 2022 4th round pick; S Tyrann Mathieu is extended for 3 years, $52m ($30m guaranteed).

3. OC Eric Bienemy is hired by your mom's second favorite team to become a HC.

4. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

5. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52 guaranteed).

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Jody Fortson, LB Emmanuel Smith

7. The Chiefs re-sign: DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $20m ($8m guaranteed), DT Derrick Nnadi 2 years, $9m ($1m guaranteed)

8. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Darrel Williams, WR Marcus Kemp, LB Ben Niemann, LB Darius Harris, WR Byron Pringle, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

9. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, FB Michael Burton, OG Kyle Long, WR Demarcus Robinson, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, DE Taco Charlton, OLB Dorian O'Daniel, CB Charvarius Ward, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts.

10. The Chiefs sign WR Anthony Miller (Bears), TE MyCole Pruitt (49ers), CB Kyle Fuller (Broncos), S Darian Thompson (Cowboys).

11. The Chiefs are picking late in the draft.

The draft:

1. DE Aiden Hutchinson, Michigan (Chiefs trade a 4th and a 2023 2nd to move up)
2. DE Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati
3. CB Roger McCreary, Auburn
3 (Bienemy). S Bralen Trahan, Louisville
4. RB Zamir White, Georgia
6. CB Tiawan Mullen, Indiana
7. LB Nick Jackson, Virginia

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, White, Thompson
FB: some guy

WR: Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Powell, Fortson, Miller
TE: Kelce, Gray, Pruitt

LT: Brown, Remmers
LG: Thuney, Wylie
C: Humphrey, Blythe
RG: Smith, Howard
RT: Niang, Remmers

DE: Clark, Sanders, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Nnadi, Reed, Saunders
DE: Hutchinson, Danna

OLB: Gay, Jackson
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Bolton, Harris, Smith

CB: Sneed, Fuller, Fenton, McCreary, Keyes, Mullen
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Trahan, Thompson

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #16
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Wait what?

You traded away LDT when he’s a FA and your response is that’s why we got him from an incompetent franchise?
Reading comprehension.

Quote:
2. Before the 2021 season starts: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif is traded with a 2022 6th round pick to the Houston Texans for OT/G Tytus Howard and a 2022 4th round pick
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #17
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
FYI, LDT would actually cost us money to trade and he has a no-trade clause as well.
I didn't know about the no-trade clause.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #18
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Wow, I'm absolutely shocked that Reid and Veach will be retained after this season.

Who saw that coming?

of all the things to whine about
Old 06-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #19
__

Quote:
Why and how could the Chiefs "Tender" Jody Fortson when he's never spent a moment on the 53?
I don't know about how; he's listed as an RFA in 2022.

Why, because I really like his skillset and we could use the depth.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #20
__

Quote:
Every year, you ****ing cut Dan Sorensen and every year, he makes spectacular plays that help the Chiefs win.
I actually have him walking this year, rather than actively cutting him.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #21
__

Quote:
Why would the Chiefs sign 30 year old Kyle Fuller when their M.O. has always been to draft and sign younger cornerbacks?

Hell, Breeland was a critical component to reaching the Super Bowl for the past two seasons and the Chiefs allowed him to walk at age 29 this season.
Because they're reaching a critical mass at DE, and that was before the Frank Clark potential-bombshell. Clark was looking super cuttable in 2022 prior to this drama as well, and the only reason I don't have him cut here is because our cupboard is completely bare. (I am not a believer in Chris Jones at DE.) So I'd like to see them go CB early but they gotta pound DE.

I've also had this conversation with SNR: I simply value CBs more than the current coaching staff. Which is fine and all, but I refuse to trot out Sneed and a bunch of JAGs. It goes against my constitution.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:32 AM   #22
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
And we resign Remmers and Niemann?

I'd just start over.
We could. Honestly you could get by with Bolton at Sam and backup Mike.

As for OT, I have the Chiefs trading for an OT project. I just like having the steady hand in Remmers.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:13 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post

of all the things to whine about
Pointing out your epic dumbassery isn't "whining", Voyager
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:16 PM   #24
Supporter

Quote:
Because they're reaching a critical mass at DE, and that was before the Frank Clark potential-bombshell. Clark was looking super cuttable in 2022 prior to this drama as well, and the only reason I don't have him cut here is because our cupboard is completely bare. (I am not a believer in Chris Jones at DE.) So I'd like to see them go CB early but they gotta pound DE.
Since Veach took over, the Chiefs have traded for two defensive ends and signed others off the scrap heap, while Michael Danna was a 5th rounder.

I don't see the Chiefs drafting two defensive ends early because it's highly unlikely either of those guys can be immediate starters on a championship team, especially considering they'll be drafting 31st or 32nd in each round.

I think the Chiefs would trade for another DE before drafting one late in the first.

And drafting two guys at the same position in the same draft early rarely, if ever, works out. Teams would be lucky to hit on ONE guy, let alone, two. That's a waste of valuable, cheap resources.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:11 AM   #25
__

Quote:
Since Veach took over, the Chiefs have traded for two defensive ends and signed others off the scrap heap, while Michael Danna was a 5th rounder.

I don't see the Chiefs drafting two defensive ends early because it's highly unlikely either of those guys can be immediate starters on a championship team, especially considering they'll be drafting 31st or 32nd in each round.

I think the Chiefs would trade for another DE before drafting one late in the first.

And drafting two guys at the same position in the same draft early rarely, if ever, works out. Teams would be lucky to hit on ONE guy, let alone, two. That's a waste of valuable, cheap resources.
I agree it makes more sense for the Chiefs to trade for a DE who can play now (especially because the free agent market at DE is not great).

But, two issues.

The Chiefs have the fewest players under contract in the NFL in 2022. And filling that roster is going to cost coin. Bargains will be made somewhere, and a cheap, good player for 5 years makes the most sense for a roster hunting for live bodies.

The second issue I alluded to above: cap space is going to be surprisingly tighter for this team going forward, even with the quickly rising cap.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:21 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
I agree it makes more sense for the Chiefs to trade for a DE who can play now (especially because the free agent market at DE is not great).

But, two issues.

The Chiefs have the fewest players under contract in the NFL in 2022. And filling that roster is going to cost coin. Bargains will be made somewhere, and a cheap, good player for 5 years makes the most sense for a roster hunting for live bodies.

The second issue I alluded to above: cap space is going to be surprisingly tighter for this team going forward, even with the quickly rising cap.
Cutting Hitchens and Clark, restructuring Mathieu and letting LDT walk make a massive difference in cap room.

We'll be fine.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #27
__

You're assuming either Hitchens or Clark will be cuttable.

It's still very early in camp, so none of us should make judgments yet, but Niemann is getting Sam reps over Bolton right now.

And it's not remotely clear how we could let Clark walk and not have our passrush fall off, yet.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #28
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
And it's not remotely clear how we could let Clark walk and not have our passrush fall off, yet.
There's simply no reason to worry about stuff like this.

Frank Clark is the 8th-highest cap hit in the entire league. He's gone after this season, he has to be.

How you replace him is something you worry about when the time comes but you don't ****ing keep him just because you don't have anything better.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #29
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
2019: “How are we going to replace both Justin Houston AND Dee Ford?”
2021: “How are we going to replace Eric Fisher AND Mitchell Schwartz?”

Veach is a magician. Needless to say I’m not worried
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #30
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
2019: “How are we going to replace both Justin Houston AND Dee Ford?”
2021: “How are we going to replace Eric Fisher AND Mitchell Schwartz?”

Veach is a magician. Needless to say I’m not worried
Exactly.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.