Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-02-2020, 04:53 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Chuck Lorre is pretty damn good at creating comedy/drama!

In Hollywood over the last 40 years certain names will stick out for how many shows and successful TV shows they have had, via either writing or producing: Aaron Spelling, Sidney Sheldon and just a few more.

The latest entry on this list began back writing on the Roseanne show, one of the greatest "real life" comedies ever produced.

That person is Chuck Lorre.

This guy's resume for TV is un-****ing-believable. He is worth every penny he makes.

Kudos to Chuck
================

Chuck Lorre (/ˈlɔːri/;[1] born Charles Michael Levine; October 18, 1952)[2] is an American television director, writer, producer, and composer. Called the "King of Sitcoms" during the 2010s,[3][4][5][6][7] he has created and produced sitcoms including Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Mom, Young Sheldon, The Kominsky Method, Disjointed, and Bob Hearts Abishola. He also served as an executive producer of Roseanne. In 2019, he received his first Golden Globe Award for The Kominsky Method.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Lorre
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #31
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
Norman Lear. /thread

Dude repurposed two British ideas into "All In The Family" and "Sanford and Son". Spun "The Jeffersons" and "Maude" off "All In The Family"; spun "Good Times" off "Maude" and then threw in "One Day At A Time" for good measure. It took a middle-aged Jew to decide to tackle head-on some things in the 1970s that were not exactly popular (race relations, women's lib, divorce).

Honorable mention goes to Sherwood Schwartz, another little old Jew who worked on some early radio and TV comedies (Bob Hope, Red Skelton, "Ozzie and Harriet") before delivering two of the stupidest and most endearing childhood memories for anyone currently 50 or older: "Gilligan's Island" and "The Brady Bunch".

Great reference to Norman Lear- a man WAY AHEAD of his time.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #32
Supporter

Finally got the gumption to catch the 2nd season of Kominsky.

Most of the charm of it is still the performers. And it still manages to keep from seeming at all like a Lorre project, but the best part of S2 is the new blood in the narrative. Won't spoil, but it's a long-time favorite of mine who doesn't get enough love [perhaps, in my mind, CAN'T get enough]. And when you watch it, yes it's all artifice for the character.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:32 PM   #33
Has a particular set of skills

All those shows are ass. Apologies to Dane’s friends but it’s network TV so I’m not their audience. Laugh-tracks are lame but I get their continued use.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:53 AM   #34
Supporter

Since this thread is kind of on point about whether sitcoms are about narrative or format or execution or . . . what. I recall at some point discussing that execution can Detoxing all in most cases, and this clip popped up in yt recommends and reminded me of that concept.

The narrative structure of 'miscommunication-->hijinks' is as old as TV and has been done by the best shows and the absolute worst shows. And this clip shows that, when written and executed well, it's still hilarious and you don't care how many times you've seen it before.

Jess thinks CeCe and Nick are thinking about having sex, but they are negotiating putting a popcorn machine in his bar.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:38 PM   #35
Resident Glue Sniffer

I mean, they get REALLY hot.

"...I know what temperature it gets"
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:47 PM   #36
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
All those shows are ass. Apologies to Dane’s friends but it’s network TV so I’m not their audience. Laugh-tracks are lame but I get their continued use.
laugh tracks remind me of one of my all-time favorite IASIP episodes. For those not in the know, ISAIP always has GREAT macro level humor (not sure what it's called, but I dub it macro humor). in this episode, it's titled "The Gang Desperatiely Tries to Win An Award". The episode has the gang trying to figure out why their bar has never won an award; so they do some reconnaissance and go to a bar down the street that has won a ton of awards. The macro is IASIP show has never won any sort of award; so the entire episode is geared towards them taking jabs at the industry.

The bar they go to gather intel on is a perfect personification of all the garbage on TV / laugh tracks etc. This bar feels like "Friends" obviously. Later in the episode, they host an "Industry Night" at their bar and a few of their black friends show up, and they panic because the 'ratio is off'...Black bars never win awards.

and of course, later Charlie high as a kite from huffing paint, makes a slight change to the original "Paddy's Pub" song he wrote for the Industry Night with this little Diddy. Which of course, is a giant FU to the entertainment industry.

God damn I love that show . I currently have 115 episodes on my DVR that I watch all the time. I'm not pleased about Google deleting a few from my DVR however. the Lethal Weapon 5 & 6 episodes were gold. absolute gold. They deleted Dee's Martina Martinez and Taiwan Tammy episodes as well. lol.
Season 15 coming up.

Last edited by Dayze; 05-25-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:21 PM   #37
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post

God damn I love that show . I currently have 115 episodes on my DVR that I watch all the time. I'm not pleased about Google deleting a few from my DVR however. the Lethal Weapon 5 & 6 episodes were gold. absolute gold. They deleted Dee's Martina Martinez and Taiwan Tammy episodes as well. lol.
Season 15 coming up.
Buy the physical copies
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:32 PM   #38
It was not a fair catch

Tonight must have been chuck lorre night on CBS

Sheldon
AL
Mom
B Positive
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:52 AM   #39
The Boom Boom Room

Just finished Michael Douglas' The Kominsky Method it was good stuff. Very meta with Paul Reiser and Romancing The Stone alums Kathleen Turner and Danny Devito.

I'd knock off the cob webs off Jane Seymour's pussy!

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:58 AM   #40
In Search of a Life

I liked 2 Broke Girls a lot. Mainly for the eye candy
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.