Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2021, 06:48 PM  
Banned

Windows 11

Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:02 AM   #226
MVP

I saw an article (can't seem to find it now, it was awhile back around Christmas time), that said Windows 11 was problematic for gamers, and that it had issues with some graphics cards and games, so I have been putting the upgrade off. Has anyone seen anything similiar?
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:09 PM   #227
When a nightmare becomes real

TPM is a requirement for secure computing.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 01:51 PM   #228
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
I saw an article (can't seem to find it now, it was awhile back around Christmas time), that said Windows 11 was problematic for gamers, and that it had issues with some graphics cards and games, so I have been putting the upgrade off. Has anyone seen anything similiar?
I think there was an AMD related issue early on that's been fixed.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2022, 03:37 PM   #229
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
TPM is a requirement for secure computing.
I agree.

In an enterprise environment they are essential and you're dangerously behind the curve if TPM hasn't been implemented at this point. However, I think the requirement for TPM on home PCs to run the latest operating system is a bit overkill at best and at worst a means to pull revenue into the segment of the market which will benefit.

Factors to take into consideration is what your home PC is used for obviously but for your average Joe I think it's overkill.

Just my geek $.02
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:29 PM   #230
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
My work desktop gets the same message. I'm almost certain it's because you don't have a TPM chip. The requirements for Win11 are actually quiet miniscule all things considered.

They (the industry) wants us to buy new PCs.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/2...ement-security
You can buy a TPM card for many motherboards for $15-50 or so.

You can also install Windows 11 on machines without TPM with a simple registry edit. Even though it's probably not a good idea. Here's how: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how...y-you-shouldnt
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:29 PM   #231
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
My work desktop gets the same message. I'm almost certain it's because you don't have a TPM chip. The requirements for Win11 are actually quiet miniscule all things considered.

You can also install Windows 11 on machines without TPM with a simple registry edit. Even though it's probably not a good idea. Here's how: https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how...y-you-shouldnt
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2022, 10:29 PM   #232
Ain't no relax!

Quote:

Old 03-03-2022, 10:34 PM   #233
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
I'm running Nvidia, and have had no issues. Actually, a few of the latest NVidia drivers have been buggy shitty messes that have given me some issues. But it's the NVidia drivers not the OS, because the same driver issues are happening in Win10 too.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:16 AM   #234
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'm running Nvidia, and have had no issues. Actually, a few of the latest NVidia drivers have been buggy shitty messes that have given me some issues. But it's the NVidia drivers not the OS, because the same driver issues are happening in Win10 too.
Thanks for the info. I am running a 3060TI on my rig with no issues with WIN10 Pro....so I may consider doing the upgrade the next time it pops up....although it is running well so I might not mess with a good thing.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2022, 05:54 AM   #235
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am running a 3060TI on my rig with no issues with WIN10 Pro....so I may consider doing the upgrade the next time it pops up....although it is running well so I might not mess with a good thing.
There isn’t much point to upgrade to windows 11 for home PCs and adoption rate has been super slow when compared to windows 10 (mainly because Microsoft isn’t just giving it away.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:08 PM   #236
Veteran

One reason to have a MS account is that your keys become linked to that account. When you upgrade your computer, you can simply access that account and let MS know that you have upgraded.

My systems are old; they ran XP, 7 and now 10. No TPM available for Phenom II processors w/DDR2 memory. Thinking Ryzen 5600X, new motherboard, memory and SSD would be a nice upgrade however the next generation is going to need a new motherboard. Graphics cards are still overpriced so I'll stick with the RX580.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:29 AM   #237
WhatUneed2Hear

Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2022, 11:43 PM   #238
WhatUneed2Hear

Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-30-2022, 07:37 PM   #239
It was not a fair catch

just bought a new laptop.

not a big difference of 10 to 11 in what most of us do.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:35 AM   #240
WhatUneed2Hear