Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2017, 09:48 PM  
Veteran

Smart phone Music to Old Stereo Amp And Speakers

I just a little smart and found my ripped CD's (that took awhile) that I put on MP3 players years ago. They are now on my smart phone operated by a dummy.

I have some nice speakers on my old school reciever/amps. Harmon Kardon and Pinicale speakers.

I need to know how to get my Smart phone (guessing blue tooth tech) to interface with my old stereos.

I searched CP and didn't find anything.

Thanks...sure it is easy. I have not searched the web. I am not sure what to look for.

Next question would be how to download music and save them to a file. Spotify and Google music use data to stream. I want them in a file. I use a Trac-phone for $100/year. No unlimited data. Obviously, I don't use a cell phone much. It is a tool though.

Last edited by Holladay; 11-23-2017 at 09:53 PM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:23 AM   #16
Fight, build, win!

The dude is trying to get his digital music onto his analog equipment. This hijack of the thread isnt helpful. Why not start a thread on your mix mash of high end gear and let this fellow get some help that he asked for instead of critique.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #17
MVP

We settled his issue with connecting his phone to all 3 systems.

And he already purchased them.

How'd the drip pan go on the smoker?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #18
MVP

If you were in Austin..... for $250

https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/...399863878.html

I like Paradigm units I have them now and am eyeballing a set that are getting traded in up in Indy with in the week. I have been a Mordaunt Short guy for a while but serious rocking at 450 wpc bi wired took out tweeter and was no longer to be had. I have owned several of their MS series speakers for stereo listening.

I currently have these in my music system. Totem Sttaf

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_1...rs-5-2007.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I stand corrected. It does not have HDMI. My bad. But hey, it does the job for me. I just watched the Matrix, which has some decent music, with my German BIL and turned it up a fair amount on the "good parts". It did fine for that short period of time. The volume was at #9, #0 would have been the max, thus your point is taken. I normally listen at 20-25. It is powering 5.1 Pinnacle speakers. A fair load I am guessing. Back in the day, I had some Carver and Vector Research stuff. They used to be good. Vector went out of business. I just checked that Carver is still going.I trust your stats and logic, but it works for me.

BTW, what amp/rec and speakers would you recommend? Not other worldly, but for someone that wants quality.

I order the pucks. They come in on Monday. I will let you know.

Again, appreciate the input.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #19
Fight, build, win!

I wouldnt give a plug nickel for the Onkyo AV 605 thru 905 series. Everyone I knew blew out HDMI boards on them including my 705 right after warranty expired. It killed Onkyo their rep went in the gutter hardly anyone who are into audio will touch them. I was dumb enough to buy their pro audio gear AV processor pr sc885 and same happened fried hdmi board. It was on warranty and they fixed but 6 months out of warranty happened again.

JUST SAY NO TO ONKYO
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I wouldnt give a plug nickel for the Onkyo AV 605 thru 905 series. Everyone I knew blew out HDMI boards on them including my 705 right after warranty expired. It killed Onkyo their rep went in the gutter hardly anyone who are into audio will touch them. I was dumb enough to buy their pro audio gear AV processor pr sc885 and same happened fried hdmi board. It was on warranty and they fixed but 6 months out of warranty happened again.

JUST SAY NO TO ONKYO
I think if it's lasted 10 years it will be OK, depending on the year this one was made it may be under warranty. Were your's JPN units?

You have to shut down the active surround adjustment* and it runs cool or do low voltage fans but I'd say if it lasted this long it's burnt in.

*Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ XT eight-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)

For $250 I'd take a chance on it.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 11-25-2017 at 04:55 PM..
Old 11-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #21
Fight, build, win!

Onkyo doesnt give 10 year warranty pro gear was 7 years the retail AV stuff 5 years now that the Malays have it might not be that good now. My gear was the Jap stuff. If you have AVS forums go there do a search Onkyo and hdmi board the list will be long you will probably see my posts.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Onkyo doesnt give 10 year warranty pro gear was 7 years the retail AV stuff 5 years now that the Malays have it might not be that good now. My gear was the Jap stuff. If you have AVS forums go there do a search Onkyo and hdmi board the list will be long you will probably see my posts.
They extended some warranties due to finding cause of failures, I don't own one so I didn't do homework. looks like 2010+ units and receivers only. Gosh, that has to suck to have same failures as many have noted and not be covered. I need to buy a broken 1.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post26735562
Old 11-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #23
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
They extended some warranties due to finding cause of failures, I don't own one so I didn't do homework. looks like 2010+ units and receivers only. Gosh, that has to suck to have same failures as many have noted and not be covered. I need to buy a broken 1.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post26735562
Yeah the never accepted that the issues began with their 2006 models us early adopters to AV hdmi receivers fell through the cracks. They gave us a discount on new models they said the problem was fixed. I chose the 885 processor figuring the heat issue would be less being no amplifier using powered Mackie HR 824 studio monitors for home theater. That SOB got hot enough to fry an egg and soon it shot craps. Onkyo is dead to me and I will shit on there name anytime someone brings them up. A once proud audio company that had top notch analog gear flushed there reputation in the mad dash of AV digital hdmi receivers in the early 2000s.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #24
Fight, build, win!

I may add that Denon had the same problems around the same time frame only difference they made it right with the customers.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:28 PM   #25
MVP

I have only owned one Onkyo 2 channel receiver (TX SV414PRO) back in the 90's worked well, strong amp, decent tuner section. I don't remember the surround... I was just starting to get into separates. I had a set of B+W speakers DM 601,2?'s. My buddy still has them in his living room.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:02 AM   #26
Veteran

I love listening to you Audiophiles talk. Above my head, but an trying to learn.

Are you saying that my HK doesn't have 3.5 input? I haven't looked and assumed. It is quite late and I will look tomorrow.

Entertaining thread thou.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I love listening to you Audiophiles talk. Above my head, but an trying to learn.

Are you saying that my HK doesn't have 3.5 input? I haven't looked and assumed. It is quite late and I will look tomorrow.

Entertaining thread thou.
On the back panel I Only see coax and optical connections along with rca plus. To plug on the 3.5mm plug you will need the cable I posted. You said you bought one but I have have no idea what "special" equipment you might want to use otherwise.

So it will plug in like this

Old 12-02-2017, 02:31 AM   #28
Veteran

OK.

Totally floored!

The dude that put vinyl onto cassettes. I had to monitor the end of each song so it didn't get the next song taped onto the cassette. Lift the needle etc. Then the next song. ad nauseam. It took forever!

Then the "digital" revolution came about. A fellow said that these "new" CD's were indestructible and threw the $40 CD against a wall. Shattered.

I sit here, with a thingie that is 1/4 width of a cigarette pack, my Caveman Cell phone, listening to Blue Oyster Cult, Boston, and the Carpenters on 3 different stereo systems around the house via .....crud, now the Kinks, household WIFI. Color my mind BLOWN!

What will it be like in 25 years?

So, the end result. I needed the RCA/3.5mm cables x 3 to connect into NOT the DVD RCA input, but the CD input. Then connect to the "hockey puck Chromecast WIFI" x 3. It took me quite awhile to get all 3, for my 3 different stereo systems (garage, big room, mancave) to connect to the house WIFI. I got the first one to work fast, finding the WIFI, downloading the correct software on the cell phone. The other 2 sucked. Re-booting the phone and the house WIFI router many times etc for the others, took a lot of time. Remember Me = Caveman.

Now, I walked around the house...3 systems from one lil 1/4 cigarette pack cell phone playing, downstairs in the mancave, 3 different songs in each room. MIND BLOWN!

Coop and others were a HUGE help. The "puck", is indeed better then just attaching the phone to the systems. Much better sound for my neophyte speaker systems (Dang the sound is too loud, I will wake up the neighbors a 1/2 mile away).

It cost me around $100, for the cables and pucks, and didn't have to replace my ancient Vector Research, Pioneer, Harmon Kardon receiver stuff. The Pinnacle, Infinity, and piece of crap out door speakers (grilling) sound fine.

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!

That is the CP for you.

Go Chiefs...now a football thread.

Last edited by Holladay; 12-02-2017 at 02:36 AM..
Old 12-02-2017, 02:44 AM   #29
Veteran

So the next job is "how to download" music from the internet and save it in a file. I ripped all of my CD's and saved them to a file. I still want a bunch of other songs but don't want to pay $1/song on iTunes. Off my ripped CD's are 436 songs. I would like +300 more. More of the current songs. I saw how you can copy songs off of Spotify, very simple as the 10 minute you-tube explained.

Ideas? In the end, I would buy them from iTunes.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:05 AM   #30
MVP

there are music services for your phone that may allow you to download other than stream.

So your happy with the pucks...