Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-02-2017, 03:10 AM  
Mindful Taoist German

AV cables to HDMI - is it worth it?

I have some old gold tipped AV cables and a Pioneer VSX-702s

Is it worth using the HDMI x AV cable conversion boxes I can buy?

That unit is a 5.1 and not a 7 but I still love my NHT speakers (best surrounds EVER) and I'm curious how true the conversion is.

Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:12 AM   #2
Mindful Taoist German

I'd also love to know a great place to buy a replacement remote for this unit.

My step son smashed it 12 years ago, and while he was clearly deserving of being smashed I didn't.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:15 AM   #3
Mindful Taoist German

Hell, I'd love to turn this into a thread about anywhere that can repair/sell classic A/V electronics...
Old 12-02-2017, 04:47 AM   #4
Now you've pissed me off!

No. Weakest link in the chain is the A/V, and you will get no better fidelity than what you can get from your A/V
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:04 AM   #5
MVP

What are you using for sources? If something other than 2-channel stereo you are quite likely better served by simply replacing the entire receiver. To be able to use the more modern surround codecs like Dolby Digital, DTS or better lossless variants (which are all a vast improvement over old pro-logic) the receiver has to be capable of decoding and handling direct hdmi switching. If you are not planning to switch to 4k anytime soon there should be a lot of inexpensive used options out there as people are upgrading their older gear.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-02-2017, 05:48 AM   #6
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
If you are not planning to switch to 4k anytime soon there should be a lot of inexpensive used options out there as people are upgrading their older gear.
I don't.

Clearly.

I'm sure there's signal loss in conversion from A/V to HDMI but I'm more concerned about the sound.

I'm using a 5.1 receiver and trying to transfer a digital signal.

It's not as easy as moving from stereo to pro-logic, or even pro-logic to 5.1
Old 12-02-2017, 05:56 AM   #7
MVP

What do you have that's classic?

I would strongly suggest putting it in the garage, if you need one there.

Time to buy something ese but if you want to use it, without running video through it, I'll help you but the remotes are few and far between.

Time for new gear
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:57 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I don't.

Clearly.

I'm sure there's signal loss in conversion from A/V to HDMI but I'm more concerned about the sound.

I'm using a 5.1 receiver and trying to transfer a digital signal.

It's not as easy as moving from stereo to pro-logic, or even pro-logic to 5.1
digital sound from what?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:17 AM
notorious
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Fight, build, win!

As for the remote maybe ebay but i would think a Logitech Harmony remote would have that receiver in its database.

As for your other question I agree with Miles much easier to move on if can swing it. You can sink a fortune into repairing old analog equipment.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.