Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #49831
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
While that would be fantastic, I'm not seeing how deaths are going to decrease while cases are increasing. What am I missing?
I think he is saying that post vaccination availability, the most vulnerable people that are dying should have some form of protection to bring down that number.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #49832
Kind of a mod

Quote:
While that would be fantastic, I'm not seeing how deaths are going to decrease while cases are increasing. What am I missing?
We're vaccinating the most vulnerable people first.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #49833
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

Sorry, major brain fart.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #49834
Consuming CP souls

That's been the play all along. Quarantine the most vulnerable until a vaccine. The rest of us were 99.999 percent going to be ok. Meanwhile, we absolutely wrecked the economy and cause insurmountable mental health damage that will have severe long term effects
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:01 PM   #49835
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I once served on a child automotive fatality review board. It's a great example of how nothing is really straightforward. If you have a case where a kid was killed in a routine minor crash by a red light runner solely because he wasn't in a car seat, then was the death due to running a red light or not being in a car seat? Or if a drunk 16 year-old runs the right tires off of the shoulder on a rural road, overcorrects because she's never been in that situation, and then rolls the car, is it a drunk driver fatality or a poor training fatality or an engineering fatality for the shoulder dropoff or a fatality due to a long response time given the location?

It's easy to think that this stuff is straightforward, but there's often a cascade effect where one thing may start the problem but it's the combination that results in the death.
That had to be a tough assignment.
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:11 PM   #49836
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
One of those arms will be mine at 8am in thc morning.

via GIPHY

Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #49837
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex View Post
That had to be a tough assignment.
I got kind of desensitized to the common types of deaths, which is probably not nice to say, but there were some pretty common story lines that we heard over and over. Seriously, parents - train your kid how to not overcorrect if their tire drops off onto a shoulder. But every once in a while one would come along that would make me cringe, either due to the accident itself or the situation leading up to the accident.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:12 PM   #49838
Supporter

Quote:
I bet we'll see plenty of CASES until we get up toward 60-70%, but in theory we should see DEATHS start to drop VERY soon (maybe even by the end of January). That's the hope at least.
If cases are going up why would deaths go down? Aside from learning to treat better?

Having said that we have to keep in mind that cases have surged more than 7 times of what they were in the first wave while deaths have risen rather minimally all things considered. We peaked at around 35k daily cases in the first wave with a peak of around 2.75k daily deaths.

We are now at 251k new daily cases and I say only (but still a lot) 3.4k daily deaths.

So while I don't get where you get rising cases but less deaths I do see deaths dropping significantly with only a minimal drop in cases.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #49839
Supporter

Quote:
Alright, I had not read down to this post so I see where you are coming from on that.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #49840
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
If cases are going up why would deaths go down? Aside from learning to treat better?

Having said that we have to keep in mind that cases have surged more than 7 times of what they were in the first wave while deaths have risen rather minimally all things considered. We peaked at around 35k daily cases in the first wave with a peak of around 2.75k daily deaths.

We are now at 251k new daily cases and I say only (but still a lot) 3.4k daily deaths.

So while I don't get where you get rising cases but less deaths I do see deaths dropping significantly with only a minimal drop in cases.

BUT BUT BUT according to Dinger, you'd think we'd have seven times the deaths
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #49841
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
BUT BUT BUT according to Dinger, you'd think we'd have seven times the deaths
Are you ever right?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:26 PM   #49842
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
You were not seriously asking. If you were it came off as rather rhetorical.

I have said this a hundred times and I will say it again, if you want to lock things down then fine. But you have to compensate the businesses and their employees and such.

I feel a lot better about it if a business suffers because people choose not to go out. That can happen at any time for any reason and does every few years because of simple economic swings.

That being said I am not a fan of shutting people down and tell them too ****ing bad when I have a pay check and I am not impacted by said edict.
Here is the dilemma though Pete and that is the Federal government have failed in their responsibilities so what are the local and state governments supposed to do? They don't have the ability to pay businesses or people only the federal government does.

If you are mayor or governor your #1 responsibility in situations like this is to save as many lives as you can.

You just can't put this all on the local\state governments and then blame them for not paying businesses to stay open.

Just my .02 cents
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:28 PM   #49843
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
One of those arms will be mine at 8am in thc morning.
I win, mine will be at 7AM.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #49844
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Are you ever right?
Yes? Why wouldn't I be?
Old 12-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #49845
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Here is the dilemma though Pete and that is the Federal government have failed in their responsibilities so what are the local and state governments supposed to do? They don't have the ability to pay businesses or people only the federal government does.

If you are mayor or governor your #1 responsibility in situations like this is to save as many lives as you can.

You just can't put this all on the local\state governments and then blame them for not paying businesses to stay open.

Just my .02 cents
I am not going to get into this because it will get very political, very fast. Suffice it to say there needs(ed) to be a concerted effort by all levels but yeah, politics.