Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:36 AM   #42376
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Antibody test was negative. Not terribly surprised, but was kind of hoping it would come back positive.

Of course now I'm from research on the accuracy of the antibody test I got and I'm not certain I feel too great about the accuracy of the test... I'd probably question it if it showed positive too so whatever.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:43 AM   #42377
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Illinois school district says no pajamas for online classes

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...nline-classes/
Probably not a bad idea, it might help get them in the proper mindset to learn as opposed to slopping around in pj’s
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:46 AM   #42378
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Illinois school district says no pajamas for online classes

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/...nline-classes/

student: *wears pajamas*
teacher: "Are those pajamas that you are wearing?"
student: "Nope."
teacher: "They look like pajamas."
student: "Nope. Prove it."
teacher (to his or herself): "Ok you win."
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:51 AM   #42379
Cheat Death

Imagine how obese gen-rona will be.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:58 AM   #42380
Mahomes or GTFO

I find myself feeling bad for these kids more and more lately.

This is already a generation that doesn't know how to talk to people or interact with humanity without the use of a screen or the internet. These kids have never known a world without social media. Internet hatred, stupidity, and misinformation has been part of their lives since inception.

And now this COVID crisis has forced kids to lose the one aspect of social interaction (school) they have left.

Certainly they aren't the first generation to deal with ****ed up circumstances, but this just sucks. I think back on my middle school and high school days and I remember them fondly. Sports, mingling between classes, skipping out on Algebra to go eat at Taco Tico, learning how to navigate social norms and structure...

This isn't a "Send these kids to school no matter what!" post either. I just think there are lasting implications tied to the decisions adults are making for these kids with regard to their school and their future.

I think they were already going to have some level of ****ed-up-edness no matter what, but add this on top of it, and yikes.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #42381
Supporter

New Zealand orders lockdown after four new COVID-19 cases emerge
https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/new-ze...-cases-emerge/
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #42382
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post

This is already a generation that doesn't know how to talk to people or interact with humanity without the use of a screen or the internet. These kids have never known a world without social media. Internet hatred, stupidity, and misinformation has been part of their lives since inception.

And now this COVID crisis has forced kids to lose the one aspect of social interaction (school) they have left.

Certainly they aren't the first generation to deal with ****ed up circumstances, but this just sucks. I think back on my middle school and high school days and I remember them fondly. Sports, mingling between classes, skipping out on Algebra to go eat at Taco Tico, learning how to navigate social norms and structure...

This isn't a "Send these kids to school no matter what!" post either. I just think there are lasting implications tied to the decisions adults are making for these kids with regard to their school and their future.
S
I think they were already going to have some level of ****ed-up-edness no matter what, but add this on top of it, and yikes.
One positive of being a millennial parent is the ability to help them navigate some of these pitfalls since our knowledge of internet related things are better than our parents were. My parents thought nothing of letting me sit in front of a screen playing video games for hours, or spending every week night hanging out on AOL instant messenger.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:32 AM   #42383
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
So much could be said about this.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #42384
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
So much could be said about this.
Remember the old saying:

For every action, there's an unequal and opposite overreaction.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #42385
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Great post. People don’t realize there are no perfect solutions and they all have consequences either way.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #42386
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
New Zealand has 4 new cases from a family with no history of travel. So the whole "we squashed it" is kinda off the table.
No one is squashing this thing. We either live with it or piss away all of our social lives and see unemployment/suicides/divorces sky rocket with it.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #42387
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
What a ****ing joke. We're all screwed
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #42388
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
What a ****ing joke. We're all screwed
Why are we all screwed?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #42389
"Think BOOM!"

So, a few cases cropped up and they are going to locally lock down for a few days.

People have issue with this, why?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #42390
Banned!

Quote:

Yeah, it sucks. My oldest missed his spring soccer season and my middle son missed his 7th grade track season. He already had USATF and AAU times from nationals (in the 200, 400, and 800) that would have shattered the school records. That sucks, but what really stinks was all of the training that he would have done in pursuit of those goals. Now, we're simply hanging on for football and really praying that basketball is here in winter. AAU tournaments have kept the kids playing, but cancelling the school season would be tough.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.