Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:43 PM   #42346
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They need to look at recycling air and turning it over in schools via HVAC and such, rather than shields and all that crap.

Put Hepa filters all over the place.
Back in March I switched to using Merv 12 filters at our business.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:44 PM   #42347
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I want to see more about kids being able to transmit to adults. The waters have been so muddied on the issue now that it's hard to find good concise data.
Dr. Haseltine had some good info tonight and that you have to break down kids by age so here is what he is seeing:

Ages 0-6: kids transmit the virus the most of any age group by a factor of 1000

Ages 6-13: this age group will get the worst symptoms, ie hospitalizations

Ages 13-above: transmit and receive just like adults

Also he pointed out that since this is a coronavirus just like the cold, kids are the main transmitters of both colds and flu so you can expect the same with covid.

Some good news an Infectious Disease Doctor from the Mayo clinic is talking about his study and their finding that current vaccines is contributing to the asymptomatic people.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #42348
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Dr. Haseltine had some good info tonight and that you have to break down kids by age so here is what he is seeing:

Ages 0-6: kids transmit the virus the most of any age group by a factor of 1000

Ages 6-13: this age group will get the worst symptoms, ie hospitalizations

Ages 13-above: transmit and receive just like adults

Also he pointed out that since this is a coronavirus just like the cold, kids are the main transmitters of both colds and flu so you can expect the same with covid.

Some good news an Infectious Disease Doctor from the Mayo clinic is talking about his study and their finding that current vaccines is contributing to the asymptomatic people.
890 kids between 0-19 have been diagnosed with Covid in JoCo in the last 4.5 months. 1 death has occurred and that was an 18 year old last week.

I'd like to see more about Dr. Haseltine's study....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:56 PM   #42349
In Search of a Life

If they were transmitting it that way, we’d have seen it thru out daycares and such already

I’d like to see where he’s getting his info
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #42350
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I must have missed it. Cliff notes? I'm exhausted tonight.
Based on my understanding, that actual study found that there were zero situations where it can be traced to kids spreading it to adults.

There was one case of a 16 year old to a 14 year old
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #42351
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/avik/status/1292...274878464?s=21

Here’s another one
Old 08-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #42352
Mahomes or GTFO

Those numbers sound off to me.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:08 PM   #42353
In Search of a Life

So the Nebraska governor says the White House messed up when classifying then as a red area because some of their positive tests were some of the same person testing positive multiple times

How do we have our data this ****ed up. That’s another area we’ve dropped the ball
Old 08-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #42354
I love your mom

Quote:
Based on my understanding, that actual study found that there were zero situations where it can be traced to kids spreading it to adults.

There was one case of a 16 year old to a 14 year old
If kids are known spreaders of other coronavirus why would it be different with this one? You assume their immune systems are capable s of dealing with lesser ones more easily yet still seem to spread it.

I haven’t really kept up with the mess of articles out there , nothing coming out seems to clarify things very well so I was gonna wait for the movie.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:17 PM   #42355
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
If kids are known spreaders of other coronavirus why would it be different with this one? You assume their immune systems are capable s of dealing with lesser ones more easily yet still seem to spread it.

I haven’t really kept up with the mess of articles out there , nothing coming out seems to clarify things very well so I was gonna wait for the movie.
I don’t know. It seems to be so far that they aren’t really spreading it

I don’t know that anyone really understands why
Old 08-10-2020, 08:27 PM   #42356
Supporter

Quote:
If they were transmitting it that way, we’d have seen it thru out daycares and such already

The entire state of Kansas has had almost 3,000 cases in kids 0-17 and 0 deaths. This at least does not mesh with the report that some of these kids will have the worst of the symptoms and wind up in the hospital. Out of those 3,000 cases only 30 ended up needing to be hospitalized.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:30 PM   #42357
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
890 kids between 0-19 have been diagnosed with Covid in JoCo in the last 4.5 months. 1 death has occurred and that was an 18 year old last week.

I'd like to see more about Dr. Haseltine's study....
Quote:

He stated like others have kids especially that young are now just getting out and being exposed and they are almost all asymptomatic.

There was a recent small study out of Chicago that showed that kids had a viral load 100x more than adults but was inclusive if they spread. My guess he is referencing that study and also his expert experience with viruses in general.

But I think his main point is that kids are the main drivers of cold and flu in households so why would covid be any different especially since it has the same receptor as a cold. That is why there was and maybe still is some hope that a vaccine will stop alot of colds and other cornoviruses.

Here is that study btw https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768952
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #42358
I missed '69!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Yes, I do. On a conference call with a client right now.

The random questions make so much more sense now.
Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Redbled must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #42359
Please squeeze

Here is part of the video btw. The other lady guest is currently doing a study on children and covid.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:02 PM   #42360
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Here is part of the video btw. The other lady guest is currently doing a study on children and covid.

The question is not the positive tests though, it's the actual ability for children to transmit the virus. Children carry much more COVID viral RNA but that doesn't necessarily equate to sharing.

This is a lengthy article/blog but very good. I encourage you to read it.

Basically, we still don't know enough about this to draw conclusions to either side with children. I do think they transmit this virus less than you'd expect though, and certainly less than adults (that's pretty clear).

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/ch...emains-unclear
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.