Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:14 PM   #40831
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....20.20157149v1

So this is basically saying people with no time around kids and their sniffly coronavirus colds have a higher incidence of severe infections.

Interesting
Is it current, consistent exposure to kids or could it be someone who is older now but taught for 30 years?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #40832
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
What part of this is the issue?
Health department guidelines are all those exposed are suppose to be isolated for 14 days not .

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #40833
Life is changing..

Our local hospital chain today announced they are offering free antibody testing for anyone who wants it. I have so many questions about the antibody test. Are they at a point where they can measure T cells and B cells?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:40 PM   #40834
In Search of a Life

Supposedly it's hard to get a false positive. That's about the only thing you can say for antibody tests right now afaik. A negative test could mean false negative, or it could mean you had it and never developed antibodies. And even if you have antibodies - know one knows how long they last and whether or not you're susceptible again when they wear off.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:42 PM   #40835
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Health department guidelines are all those exposed are suppose to be isolated for 14 days not .

Not the case I am pretty sure you need to be a close contact which requires 15 minutes within 6 ft, or as Donger posted someone coughing in your face.

What county are you in?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #40836
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Not the case I am pretty sure you need to be a close contact which requires 15 minutes within 6 ft, or as Donger posted someone coughing in your face.

What county are you in?
Dude that is almost straight from the Arkansas Department of Health website. The CDC says basically the same thing with exceptions for critical infrastructure personnel.

Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #40837
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Supposedly it's hard to get a false positive. That's about the only thing you can say for antibody tests right now afaik. A negative test could mean false negative, or it could mean you had it and never developed antibodies. And even if you have antibodies - know one knows how long they last and whether or not you're susceptible again when they wear off.
I understand that the antibodies wear off, but that's why I ask about the B and T cells. Those in theory would be the protection from being reinfected. (I think I'm understanding that correctly)
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #40838
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Our local hospital chain today announced they are offering free antibody testing for anyone who wants it. I have so many questions about the antibody test. Are they at a point where they can measure T cells and B cells?
Off topic, numbers yesterday were pretty good.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #40839
Supporter

So the person that died in the pediatric unit at KU Med over the weekend appears to have been 20 years old. No specifics on underlyings or anything just see what was reported by the state.

That is the youngest person to die from Covid in Kansas.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #40840
Mod Team

Quote:
It could let you Know if you’ve recent had the virus and either didn’t know it, or produced a false negative on a swab test. I still think it’s good to do if it’s free.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #40841
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Off topic, numbers yesterday were pretty good.
Today looks decent too. We'll see how we finish up the day and look at how much we rebound tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #40842
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Dude that is almost straight from the Arkansas Department of Health website. The CDC says basically the same thing with exceptions for critical infrastructure personnel.

"Dude" literally from the Arkansas Dept of Health websight-

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...ontact-tracing
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #40843
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Is it current, consistent exposure to kids or could it be someone who is older now but taught for 30 years?
I would say current but I dunno. It would seem the more exposed the better so for instance a teacher of that long should have something?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #40844
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I understand that the antibodies wear off, but that's why I ask about the B and T cells. Those in theory would be the protection from being reinfected. (I think I'm understanding that correctly)
Like most things with covid - maybe!
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #40845
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
"Dude" literally from the Arkansas Dept of Health websight-

https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...ontact-tracing
Not sure why you went there with the contact tracing. This is about people that were exposed. I am on my phone so I can't do like you did but when I get home I will send a link to the article on that website that I am referencing.