Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #27331
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Beyond all the bickering, I still think the news out of France is worth discussing. Anyone have any thoughts on it at all?
China had to of had it spreading in September would be my guess.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #27332
MVP

My parents live nearby and no longer drive. I shop for them weekly without a second thought as do my brother and sister who also live nearby. I used to work in prehospital care and was always saddened at the amount of elderly who had no family or friends nearby to help or care for them. I was raised to care for my family when they could no longer care for themselves. If I lived too far away I would still make arrangements for their care with nearby resources.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #27333
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post

You can't be serious
Stillwater had to rescind its mask requirement because people were threatening retail employees with violence. That's how ridiculous some of this stuff is.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #27334

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's academically interesting, but I'm not sure why it matters.
Well it could show that China lied even further which I don't think is disputed.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #27335
Forever Royal

Quote:
I'm not denying that there are solutions. I think it's a little odd to be arguing that people can't "infringe on your rights" (which are largely issues of inconvenience) by saying that others should have to deal with the inconvenience.

As I alluded to earlier, it's just interesting how much of a feeling there is with all of this that we just don't give a shit about it because it mainly impacts old people.

Well you kind of made it personal and asked how your grandparents could obtain food as if they had no other option beyond going to the store so you are getting personal responses.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #27336
Hockey Town

Quote:

You can't be serious
I actually agree with him, it feels like you are saying, I should not be inconvenienced by anything in life and if so that is a violation of my rights, so for me to be happy others must be inconvenienced instead.

I never really thought inconvenience and rights equated to each other personally.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #27337
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
People need to to do w/e is they feel they need to do to live their life.

Because at the end of the day the only person/people you can rely on is yourself and your family.

If someone loses their job and can't support their family or put food on the table not you or anyone else in this thread is going to pay their goddamn bills or make sure their children eat.

So when it comes to taking care of MY needs vs YOUR needs/fears, 10 out of 10 im taking care of my shit.

I'm sorry that you fear for your grandma. Others are afraid that they can't sustain life much longer like this. That stimulus money and tax refund is gonna run out.

Everything else is just words and bullshit.
Yip.

And hence why the shifted goalpost of "the lockdown must continue in order to save lives" is dishonest considering the lives saved in the USA are going to be measured against the deaths in less-developed countries due to effects of the USA shutting down half of its economic throughputs.

"Okay so the lockdown must continue to save US citizens' lives."

Great until you start thinking about the implications of that.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #27338

Quote:
Stillwater had to rescind its mask requirement because people were threatening retail employees with violence. That's how ridiculous some of this stuff is.
Sure as always there is a extreme on both sides. Also those mask order unless provided from the government put restrictions on people going out.

Look I'm not arguing we shouldn't all be doing everything we can. I'm only arguing its our god given right NOT TO. Which you are allowed to think is ****ing dumb.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:11 AM   #27339
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I would help anyone that needs it.

accept Sauto. Cause **** that guy. Wont' get his cell phone fixed.
I am beating this thing's ass.

Can I at least get a bottle of Evan Williams?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #27340
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Isn't that document amendable? and maybe a little outdated?
No
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #27341
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
this isnt about 'OUR FEAR" it's about the people in charge and their fears.
Whomever the ****'s fears.

Its time to open up and for life to get started again.

Honestly, life has been BETTER for me with this Covid shit. I haven't suffered one bit and business is good. And for the most part i avoid the news and all the doom and gloom and panic.

But as i drove through downtown this morning i saw a line going around the block for a local food bank.

It reminds me of being a homeless kid again. It reminds me that while everything is A-Ok for me because im NOT worried about how to get my next meal, Millions in fact ARE.

The bottom line is the grandmothers of many people whom i don't know may die. Grandmothers of many i dont know die everyday and life still has to go on.

Families are suffering right NOW and most of you don't know who they are and quite frankly won't know, and won't really care if their children won't eat worth a shit today.

Those people have to look out for themselves. Strangers halfway across the country sure as **** aint gonna do it.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #27342
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I would help anyone that needs it.

accept Sauto. Cause **** that guy. Wont' get his cell phone fixed.
except.

and i finally found my new one on the same day the wife broke hers.

her new one will be here in a day or 2 and i'm back bitches
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #27343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I actually agree with him, it feels like you are saying, I should not be inconvenienced by anything in life and if so that is a violation of my rights, so for me to be happy others must be inconvenienced instead.

I never really thought inconvenience and rights equated to each other personally.
But you can inconvenience others so that you are not inconvenienced? I'm arguing that OLD PEOPLE should shelter in place. He (DeFace) said his grandparent wouldnt be able to get food (This is a bullshit argument and honestly a weak one)

Last edited by BleedingRed; 05-04-2020 at 11:21 AM..
Old 05-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #27344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Whomever the ****'s fears.

Its time to open up and for life to get started again.

Honestly, life has been BETTER for me with this Covid shit. I haven't suffered one bit and business is good. And for the most part i avoid the news and all the doom and gloom and panic.

But as i drove through downtown this morning i saw a line going around the block for a local food bank.

It reminds me of being a homeless kid again. It reminds me that while everything is A-Ok for me because im NOT worried about how to get my next meal, Millions in fact ARE.

The bottom line is the grandmothers of many people whom i don't know may die. Grandmothers of many i dont know die everyday and life still has to go on.

Families are suffering right NOW and most of you don't know who they are and quite frankly won't know, and won't really care if their children won't eat worth a shit today.

Those people have to look out for themselves. Strangers halfway across the country sure as **** aint gonna do it.
This
Old 05-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #27345
Shit

Quote:
Yeah I will help you grand parents out because it seems like it to much for you to get up and do.
lol ok princess. they've all passed away years ago.

i've been taking food to my older customers for weeks. i'm good.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.