Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #916
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Food processor huh?

I've done it before, turned out really well. Standard blade, not that POS dough blade some come with.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #917
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Some stores will sell you prepared pizza dough, if you want to start learning in stages.

I've heard that... Have yet to find a pizzeria that will. Out Publix sells some occasionally, but that's it.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #918
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
So, the family has decided that I'm going to learn how to make pizza... Any tips? I got a nice stone for Christmas, but other than that, I'm a noob.

Preheat the stone. Seriously. Give it 30 minutes to an hour as hot as your oven will get. Even at 500 degrees, you're nowhere near where wood fired oven floors are, so don't worry about that.

And instead of building your pizza on your peel, build on a piece of parchment paper on your peel. It's so much easier.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #919
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Some stores will sell you prepared pizza dough, if you want to start learning in stages.
Yes, I've seen that. I might do that until I figure out everything else.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #920
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Preheat the stone. Seriously. Give it 30 minutes to an hour as hot as your oven will get. Even at 500 degrees, you're nowhere near where wood fired oven floors are, so don't worry about that.

And instead of building your pizza on your peel, build on a piece of parchment paper on your peel. It's so much easier.
Excellent tips, thanks. My oven gets to about 515F. My Weber will get to around 600F on a non-cold day.

Haven't gotten a peel yet, though.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #921
"Think BOOM!"

I also don't have a stand mixer, and don't really want to buy one just for pizza, and I don't bake. The wife says that her bread maker will knead the dough. Thought?
Old 12-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #922
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I've heard that... Have yet to find a pizzeria that will. Out Publix sells some occasionally, but that's it.
If you can't get it locally, you can actually order some from Amazon, but I don't know if the minimum order sizes would fit into Donger's situation.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:29 PM   #923
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
If you can't get it locally, you can actually order some from Amazon, but I don't know if the minimum order sizes would fit into Donger's situation.
You're kidding...
Old 12-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #924
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You're kidding...
No...

Here's the first on on the search:

http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Products-...ds=pizza+dough

That one's certain to be way too much for you, but they've got other options. I just don't know what your parameters are for that sort of thing.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #925
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
I also don't have a stand mixer, and don't really want to buy one just for pizza, and I don't bake. The wife says that her bread maker will knead the dough. Thought?

I think the food processor would do a faster job, but you could do it in the bread maker all the way up till it starts to bake (use it as the proof box, too).

And you don't need a peel - use an upside down cookie sheet.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #926
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Excellent tips, thanks. My oven gets to about 515F. My Weber will get to around 600F on a non-cold day.

Haven't gotten a peel yet, though.

I've never put a stone on a grill. If you're tempted, skip the stone and throw the dough directly on the well-oiled grate. Flip it, then add toppings.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #927
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I don't own a mixer.

Neither do I, I hand knead the dough.

I use a food processor for the thin cracker style crust (as FMB said).

A bread machine will also work (again as FMB said).

You can buy unglazed quarry tiles instead of a pizza stone at Home Depot for about 5 bucks and line your oven rack with those. Make sure they are unglazed, the others are toxic.

Last edited by Buzz; 12-26-2015 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: agreeing with FMB
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #928
I like Pie!

A quick pizza sauce

1 can of tomato paste
6 oz of water (you can just fill empty tomato can)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp majoram
1/4 tsp black pepper

Optional 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #929
I like Pie!

This is my go to...

Old 12-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #930
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Whole foods sells pizza dough and it's damn good too. Very convenient. I used it for my ghost pizzas on Halloween for kids.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.