Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #571
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Tonight I'm trying something new in the crock pot. Jar of corn & black bean relish, 3 skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes, can of cream of chicken soup, butter, cracked pepper. Let it all germinate in the crock pot for about 5 hours, till the chicken is fork tender, then stir in a couple spoonfuls of sour cream, serve in bowl with fresh hot biscuits. Kind of like a chicken/bean/corn chowder, should be yummy on a cold night.

That sounds good, I think I'm going to have to make chili after reading that.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #572
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Unless you know exactly what you're doing it's silly to calibrate your oven. There are WAY too many variables. If you notice things have gone crazy (undercooked, overcooked) then don't waste your time, call a pro or buy a new oven.

Leave your oven alone, it was built to measure temperature and make adjustments. It's an on/off system so wide temperatures are a given and always have been.

Here are at least three issues (leave it to the pros that built your oven):

1) Never try to calibrate an empty oven, you'll **** it up.
2) What's the algorithm for cold junction compensation?
3) The oven is calibrated for its TC location, not some arbitrary location you choose.
4) Unless your oven was built before 1990, leave it alone.
5) Someone is trying to sell temperature measuring equipment and people bite.

Well, I used the terminology in the Thermoworks video, but more accurately, I was simply testing the accuracy of the thermostat. And what I learned was on average, it's a hair high. I'm not actually doing anything to the oven, and I already had the thermometer.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #573
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachief58 View Post
I'm making homemade 3 cheese Spaetzle with oven baked chicken breasts and grilled yellow squash tonight
mind sharing your spetzle recipe. i have a cowbell grater and it cuts a nice size but my potato mixture never firms and clouds the water.
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #574
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
That sounds good, I think I'm going to have to make chili after reading that.
I ended up adding some chicken flavored rice, and that tightened everything up and made it double plus good.

I put the leftovers in a ziplock bag and froze it. Quick tasty meal for some night after work this winter.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #575
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

won the farmers market soup contest last year. extremely easy recipe, little to no work at all.
1. 3lbs of frozen chicken breast, thawed. put in bottom of slow cooker.
2. 1 (or 2 depending on desired hotness) pkg of taco seasoning.
3a. 2 cans of corn, juice semi drained. 2 cans of black beans, I rinsed these completely.
3b. layer the 4 cans. corn,beans,corn,beans.
4. cook overnight ( 6-8 hours ) on low heat.
5. fish out chicken, shred with 2 forks. mix gently with veggies.

6. win first place for best in show.

I asked my (at the time) 7 year old what we should name it. right during the playoff run, keep in mind. the boy said "Brandon Finnigan". so it stuck.
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #576
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech94 View Post
won the farmers market soup contest last year. extremely easy recipe, little to no work at all.

1. 3lbs of frozen chicken breast, thawed. put in bottom of slow cooker.

2. 1 (or 2 depending on desired hotness) pkg of taco seasoning.

3a. 2 cans of corn, juice semi drained. 2 cans of black beans, I rinsed these completely.

3b. layer the 4 cans. corn,beans,corn,beans.

4. cook overnight ( 6-8 hours ) on low heat.

5. fish out chicken, shred with 2 forks. mix gently with veggies.

6. win first place for best in show.

I asked my (at the time) 7 year old what we should name it. right during the playoff run, keep in mind. the boy said "Brandon Finnigan". so it stuck.

The chicken boobs don't become super dry? That long in the cooker, I would think it would. It's not very forgiving.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #577
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
The chicken boobs don't become super dry? That long in the cooker, I would think it would. It's not very forgiving.
you would think that they'd be too dry. I've made this a few times since last year and don't recall them being too dry. I may have not drained the corn at all to be honest.

could the chicken have kept its moisture if it wasn't completely thawed out?
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:13 AM   #578
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletech94 View Post
you would think that they'd be too dry. I've made this a few times since last year and don't recall them being too dry. I may have not drained the corn at all to be honest.

could the chicken have kept its moisture if it wasn't completely thawed out?

Sure, it would slow down the cooking since starting temp would be lower.

Draining the corn won't matter; since boiling temp is 212, if the white meat gets up to 170, 180, it's going to be dry, even if it's sitting in a gallon of water.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #579
Cast Iron Jedi

Also, shred chicken the easy way.

http://youtu.be/utn4rqfogIE
Old 11-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #580
Cheat Death

Spent a snow day hopping around bars yesterday when this happened:

Strut Your Stuffing
deep fried, herb stuffing wrapped turkey sausage top with mushroom-sage gravy and a sidecar of cranberry-habanero dip.

It was essentially a turkey sausage, wrapped with a thin layer of stuffing, deep fried and topped with gravy. Wish I had a pic as it was similar to a Thanksgiving corndog except no stick and WAY better. Think I'm going to try and replicate it on the smoker with our stuffing and smoked turkey gravy.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:58 AM   #581
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Spent a snow day hopping around bars yesterday when this happened:

Strut Your Stuffing
deep fried, herb stuffing wrapped turkey sausage top with mushroom-sage gravy and a sidecar of cranberry-habanero dip.

It was essentially a turkey sausage, wrapped with a thin layer of stuffing, deep fried and topped with gravy. Wish I had a pic as it was similar to a Thanksgiving corndog except no stick and WAY better. Think I'm going to try and replicate it on the smoker with our stuffing and smoked turkey gravy.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #582
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Also, shred chicken the easy way.

http://youtu.be/utn4rqfogIE
Great tip! Thanks.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #583
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Son of a bitch...
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #584
In Search of a Life

Dinner tonight was chicken piccata. It was a big hit, and this version will probably end up in the regular cook list.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #585
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
Dinner tonight was chicken piccata. It was a big hit, and this version will probably end up in the regular cook list.
Oh, I love that dish. I made it twice a few months ago. Have to make it again.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.