Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #50056
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
What are the advantages? My big buying criteria are efficacy and to a much lesser degree side effects. The one dose thing doesn't really make me much difference, nor does storage. Is there anything else I should be considering?
It's mainly those that you don't care about. It's important from a societal perspective because it's far easier to transport and store, and it's much cheaper. So if we're going to vaccinate the world, it's way better. And for those of us at the end of the line, it's likely that you'll have a shot at it earlier.

But for an individual person, you probably technically want Pfizer or Moderna based on preliminary efficacy rates.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #50057
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
What are the advantages? My big buying criteria are efficacy and to a much lesser degree side effects. The one dose thing doesn't really make me much difference, nor does storage. Is there anything else I should be considering?
When I say advantages, I mean society at large. You're considering everything you should and I agree, efficacy and side effects are at the top of the list. But having a single dose vaccine is going to make it not only an easier sell to the public, but you no longer have to worry about adherence to a second booster dose. The storage requirements are also going to make transport easier and allow us to administer vaccines in poorer rural areas that might lack facilities to accommodate the other vaccines.

Edit: DaFace said pretty much the same thing.

It's also worth noting that since J&J is using a different delivery system, we'll get a good look at an alternative approach.

Last edited by Indian Chief; 12-21-2020 at 11:38 AM..
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #50058
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It's mainly those that you don't care about. It's important from a societal perspective because it's far easier to transport and store, and it's much cheaper. So if we're going to vaccinate the world, it's way better. And for those of us at the end of the line, it's likely that you'll have a shot at it earlier.

But for an individual person, you probably technically want Pfizer or Moderna based on preliminary efficacy rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
When I say advantages, I mean society at large. You're considering everything you should and I agree, efficacy and side effects are at the top of the list. But having a single dose vaccine is going to make it not only an easier sell to the public, but you no longer have to worry about adherence to a second booster dose. The storage requirements are also going to make transport easier and allow us to administer vaccines in poorer rural areas that might lack facilities to accommodate the other vaccines.
I'm all for what's good for society as long as it makes society less likely to kill me.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #50059
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
And for a side dish...

CDC says flu is almost non-existent right now because everyone is wearing masks and social distancing....

While at the same time

CDC says Covid cases are surging because no one is wearing masks and social distancing...

Gotta love people
I was just a little curious on this one... and it does mention masks, social distancing, etc; could be a contributing factor.

I've read one theory that the flu 'migrates' between hemispheres as the seasons change.... and so the theory is interesting in that if southern hemisphere countries are having a better time fighting Covid with mask usage and what not, plus the lack of international travel, then the flu doesn't 'migrate' back as it turns to summer there and winter here. Plus more people getting flu shots, etc.

And I'm sure there's all kinds of math with only needing a certain percentage of mask usage, etc; versus a virus that's 3 times less likely to spread than Covid... so in some sense, it could actually make sense that say 20% mask usage helps the spread of a virus that doesn't spread relatively well, but not hitting say 40% mask usage is causing Covid to continue to spread since it's that much more contagious.

And of course Covid never 'left', so as people have talked about a tipping point in exponential growth with Covid, we hit that mark months ago... while perhaps just a small percentage of help with masks and social distancing and lack of travel, etc; has helped hold the curve down on the flu ramping up and relatively starting from scratch.

And I'm of course not arguing "facts" or anything, just made me curious enough to wonder how that could be true even if on the surface it sounds funny.

Quote:
A record number of influenza vaccine doses are being produced and distributed in 2020, in an attempt to avoid a "twindemic." According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 190.4 million flu vaccines have been distributed across the U.S. this season — the highest number of flu doses distributed in the U.S. during a single influenza season.

Flu vaccination among adults rose 46% — from 31.1 million in 2019 to 45.3 million as of November 28.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/influen...-vaccinations/
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 11:39 AM   #50060
"Think BOOM!"

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

Looks like more states have begun updating their vaccine data.

And for some reason, Colorado has put more needles into shoulders than Texas:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/u...accine-tracker

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #50061
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Link to both CDC statements?
Why I notice most always you don’t provide links.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #50062
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neech View Post
Why I notice most always you don’t provide links.
Bad timing award, awarded. Look above.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #50063
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Bad timing award, awarded. Look above.
I said most times.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #50064
Supporter

Just found out our system us currently doing about 100 arm sticks an hour.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #50065
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
Had a cousin, in excellent shape, who died of a heart attack on a treadmill at Gold's gym.

He was 40.
Here's where you show your ignorance. He obviously wasn't in excellent shape. His body might have looked good. He likely had some arterial narrowing or clogging, or some form of cardiomyopathy or ventricular thickening, enlarged heart, any number of genetic syndromes (Marfans) that you'd never know about and he likely wouldn't either. Healthy hearts don't just stop. Otherwise they weren't healthy. Hell, you could have some of the same issues if he was your cousin. They might find you tits up underneath a ladder with a can full of paint all over your face and say you died of fear of heights. I mean, you are healthy right?
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:18 PM   #50066
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
That's your opinion.

I realize people are dying everyday, from a myriad of things. Are they any less tragic?

I've lost three friends and one relative to cancer this year. Couldn't pay respects to any of them. They're just gone.

This has nothing to do with telling people to get over it(), just recognizing there are other mitigating factors that come into play. It's not cut and dried.

If you've got a problem with that, it's on you. We don't get to decide for each other on such a complex issue.
Those friends and relatives clearly didn't take very good care of themselves if they got cancer.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #50067
Supporter

Quote:
Just found out our system us currently doing about 100 arm sticks an hour.
Should clarify this is for employees....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #50068
TACO SALAD

This isn't completely new but I hadn't seen it before

Quote:
Today we announce a clinical trial programme to assess the safety and immunogenicity of a combination of AZD1222, developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University, and Sputnik V, developed by Russian Gamaleya Research institute,” AstraZeneca said in a statement published on its website in English and Russian on Friday.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #50069
Generational Player

Not good news for the suppression camp...

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #50070
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
And for a side dish...

CDC says flu is almost non-existent right now because everyone is wearing masks and social distancing....

While at the same time

CDC says Covid cases are surging because no one is wearing masks and social distancing...

Gotta love people
It's going to be much harder for the flu to travel with substantial reduction in travel abroad. Combined with the fact that it is significantly less transmissible than COVID (1.3^10 is 13.8 infections for the flu vs 2.4^10 is 6340 infections for COVID) and you are going to see a virtually non-existent flu season if patterns hold.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote