Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 AM  
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

And so the "Matt Cassel to KC" Rumors Begin...

As if they hadn't started already...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...&position=also

Matt Cassel draws interest

TAMPA - They might not have been one of the two Super Bowl participants last night, but the Patriots [team stats] still generated a lot of talk on Radio Row during the week.

With Matt Cassel making the rounds, there was plenty of speculation on how much interest he would draw should the Pats apply the franchise tag and then trade him.

The pundits’ top pick to land Cassel in that scenario is Kansas City. Obviously, the Scott Pioli factor weighs heavily in that choice, with the Pats former vice president of player personnel now calling the shots for the Chiefs.

“I’d really look at Pioli down there in Kansas City. Why wouldn’t he want him?” Sirius NFL radio analyst Jim Miller said. “He knows what the kid is capable of doing. So I think he’d be on their radar.”

Miller, like most analysts, doesn’t see the crop of quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft as particularly appealing. That boosts the draw for Cassel, especially if Pioli decides he’s not satisfied with the collection of QBs he inherited after taking over the job.

“I don’t think this is a strong quarterback draft. Everybody is saying Matthew Stafford of Georgia and Mark Sanchez of USC are going to go in the Top 10. I don’t believe that,” Miller said. “I don’t think those guys are ready. And I don’t think you’ll see the type of success guys like Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco had. They just haven’t played enough. So I can’t see teams wanting them.

“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”

Other experts, meanwhile, aren’t sure Pioli would want to deal with his former boss right out of the gate.

Some other teams figuring to make a pitch for Cassel include the New York Jets, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, Carolina, Tampa Bay and Chicago.

As for what Cassel would land in a trade, there were differing opinions. Miller, for one, thought he would cost a second-round draft choice.

The decision to trade or keep Cassel will ultimately depend on Tom Brady [stats]’s health. While reports have him on target to play in the season opener, he still has a few hurdles to clear before that point following reconstructive surgery on his left knee and a subsequent staph infection.

“I think a lot is going to depend on where Kevin O’Connell is in his development. If they feel they can move Matt to benefit their team, they’ll do it,” said Miller, a one-time Pats backup quarterback. “It’s rolling the dice on Tom and whether he’s healthy, and two, can they do it with Kevin O’Connell? The question they have to ask is if O’Connell is as capable of what they have in Matt Cassel?”
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #181
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
Gonzo and Bowe aren't anywhere close to Moss and Welker. He threw 20 TDs to arguably one of the most talented WRs of our time....and Welker is a damn good WR.
Gonzo is the most talented Tight end of our time? You aren't giving Bowe much credit he's a good a reciever.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #182
**** That Noise

I'll take a QB with the potential to be great instead of a serviceable starter. We already have Thigpen, why the hell would we wan't Cassel?
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #183
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by billay View Post
Gonzo is the most talented Tight end of our time? You aren't giving Bowe much credit he's a good a reciever.
Gonzo has maybe 1-2 years left.....IF he doesn't get traded.

Bowe is a good receiver who drops WAYYYYY too many balls.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #184
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
Yes, you are right, that's restricted FA.

But bottom line is the same: if a team was going to make a play for him, they would negotiate the compensation first to make sure it would make sense and it can be for less than 2 1st round picks.
Totally. Honestly though, for me I wouldn't want him and the Pats first round pick for our 7th. I don't want anywhere near that 15 million he's getting next season. He's flat out not worth it.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #185
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 View Post
Gonzo has maybe 1-2 years left.....IF he doesn't get traded.

Bowe is a good receiver who drops WAYYYYY too many balls.
Those are good points. If you look at the leaders in dropped balls though you'll see most of them are elite WR's. I think Haley will be our next coach and Bowe will improve. He's only played 2 seasons and has already set team records.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #186
**** That Noise

Quote:
Those are good points. If you look at the leaders in dropped balls though you'll see most of them are elite WR's. I think Haley will be our next coach and Bowe will improve. He's only played 2 seasons and has already set team records.
You keep on believing what the media tells you buddy.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #187
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
You keep on believing what the media tells you buddy.
Keep trying to peigon hole the debate cause you have nothing of substance to offer, buddy.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #188
**** That Noise

Quote:
Keep trying to peigon hole the debate cause you have nothing of substance to offer, buddy.
I bet you were devastated when Carl stepped down, what you want are Carl moves.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #189
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
I bet you were devastated when Carl stepped down, what you want are Carl moves.
lol trading for players is carl moves? You do know that the Patriots traded for veterans and signed older players right? Actually I called Jack hairys show after the San Diego game and said Carl should be fired and we should go after Pioli & Josh McDaniels.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #190
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
lol trading for players is carl moves? You do know that the Patriots traded for veterans and signed older players right? Actually I called Jack hairys show after the San Diego game and said Carl should be fired and we should go after Pioli & Josh McDaniels.
The Patriots traded for some vets, but drafted every QB who has started a game for them for the last 15 years.

Thread over.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #191
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
The Patriots traded for some vets, but drafted every QB who has started a game for them for the last 15 years.

Thread over.
And that has to do with Cassell being a good QB because...?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #192
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post

Thread over.
Two of which went to super bowls...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #193
Inmem 2.0

Are you saying Matt Sanchez or Matt Stafford will be Tom Brady?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #194
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:
Are you saying Matt Sanchez or Matt Stafford will be Tom Brady?
7 of the last 8 Super Bowl Champions drafted their SB winning QB. You'll find that teams that win SBs more often than not draft and develop their own franchise QB.
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation
Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #195
Band

I'm too lazy to read this whole thread, so this is probably a re-post, but I just don't understand why the Pats would trade away Cassel when they have no idea when Brady will be back to full strength. I understand there's a timetable for his return, but who knows how long it will take for him to actually be back to form.
noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.noa Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.