Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2016, 08:18 AM  
Supporter

Terez Paylors mock draft

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e70593752.html

Quote:
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB William Jackson III, Houston

The Steelers’ corners are competent, but smallish. A guy like Jackson, who features good speed and had great ball production in college, will give them another capable body to match up against some of the bigger receivers in the AFC North.

26. Seattle Seahawks: DT Jarran Reed, Alabama

Getting a young run-stuffer like Reed, who is very stout against the ground game and has a little pass-rush upside, would be a steal at this point.

27. Green Bay Packers: DT Vernon Butler, Louisiana Tech

With B.J. Raji’s recent retirement, the Packers could go for an interior defensive lineman. A true nose like Andrew Billings of Baylor could fit the bill, but Butler’s versatility gives him the edge. With good coaching, he has the size (6-4, 323) and athleticism to contribute at multiple spots.

28. Kansas City Chiefs: DT Chris Jones, Mississippi State

With the signing of tackle Mitchell Schwartz, the Chiefs appear to be set there. And the recent additions of Jimmy Wilson and Stevie Brown could keep the Chiefs from investing in a safety this high unless they really like a guy (perhaps West Virginia’s Karl Joseph or Ohio State’s Vonn Bell).

That leaves a cornerback (Eli Apple?) and, perhaps to a lesser extent, an outside linebacker as likely choices. But don’t forget defensive line. While the re-signing of defensive lineman Jaye Howard eases the need for reinforcements at that position, we wouldn’t rule out an early investment there due to Dontari Poe’s looming free agency. The Chiefs have not re-signed Mike DeVito, and while Nick Williams deserves more reps — and 2015 late-round pick Rakeem Nunez-Roches could also carve out a role— there’s still room for another versatile, athletic lineman in the rotation. With La. Tech’s Vernon Butler already off the board, Jones could be a fit.

Jones is a huge guy with a thick frame, at 6 feet 6 and 310 pounds, and he flashes quickness and strength plus powerful hands. He has the traits to play nose, which would even allow Poe to shift to the three-tech on occasion. His sack number (2 1/2 ) in 2015 was underwhelming, but if he can develop a feel for his pass-rush moves, watch out — the physical traits are there to be a good pass-rusher.

29. Arizona Cardinals: CB Eli Apple, Ohio State

Apple definitely looks the part of an NFL corner, at 6 feet 1 and 199 pounds, and while he is raw, he has the physical tools to mature into a very good man-to-man corner in the Cardinals’ scheme.
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

If they feel their current corners are on th up and up, Jones would be nice
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
Dumbass!

I haven't followed college football over the last couple of years like I used to, but as I look at some draft websites, I see that Eli Apple is ranked in most in the top 25, while Chris Jones doesn't show up in anyone's top 32.

If they do a top 50 or 100, he shows up in the 40s.

If that is the case, then passing on Apple for Jones would seem pretty stupid.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #4
Supporter

Chris Jones has been set as a 4th to 5th rounder on every mock and evaluation I've seen.

This is a really bad selection.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Chris Jones has been set as a 4th to 5th rounder on every mock and evaluation I've seen.

This is a really bad selection.
WTF are you talking about. Chris Jones has been a late 1st/2nd round pick for the majority of the draft process.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

i have never been impressed with terez-seems to be a bandwagon writer. I guess this is what happens when he does his own homework.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
WTF are you talking about. Chris Jones has been a late 1st/2nd round pick for the majority of the draft process.
I keep seeing him as a 4th rounder, probably because he was arrested twice in March
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Yeah, I've seen him in that 1st 2nd round area. Althougj, I haven't really paid attention to him as I don't really feel the chiefs would take him after the arrests
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
Supporter

I can't see Dorsey passing on Eli Apple, either, who looks to be a #2 starting cornerback at worst.

As I've mentioned in other threads, the dropoff in cornerback talent from round 1 to 2 is much steeper than DT/DE.

Terez likes to change his selection from week to week so I'd be surprised if he sticks with Jones throughout this whole process, especially given the arrests.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:57 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I can't see Dorsey passing on Eli Apple, either, who looks to be a #2 starting cornerback at worst.

As I've mentioned in other threads, the dropoff in cornerback talent from round 1 to 2 is much steeper than DT/DE.

Terez likes to change his selection from week to week so I'd be surprised if he sticks with Jones throughout this whole process, especially given the arrests.
I'm interested to see how the corners go. From what I've read and aeen, some of those 2nd 3rd round corners are high upside low floor type guys.

As much as I hate to do it, we need a starting outside corner now. Of they can, I think I'd go corner early
Old 04-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #11
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
but if he can develop a feel for his pass-rush moves, watch out — the physical traits are there to be a good pass-rusher.
This right here kills the sell. Why take a guy that "might" develop pass rush moves over guys like Apple or Bell that are game ready NOW? Pass.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

That would be a TERRIBLE pick.

Too early at a position that's way too deep. Even if you think Jones is a 1st round talent (he isnt), there will be a player almost exactly like him available at the back of the second and I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar player still there in the third.

That would be a truly awful selection.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:27 PM   #13
Most Valuable Villain

Passing on Apple would be ****ing stupid.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #14
Dumbass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Passing on Apple would be ****ing stupid.
I read that somewhere.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.