Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2017, 02:59 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

It’s Patrick Mahomes Week, baby.

The future is now.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #61
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
1) Mahomes isn't playing in the playoffs barring an injury to Alex, even if he throws 5 touchdowns next week.

2) Next year is going to be a step back most likely, regardless of who is at quarterback.

Put down the pipe
Step back from what? I expect the offense, notwithstanding the QB, to be at least as good as this year. Most of our OL are right in their prime and young enough not to decline next year, barring a possible down year from a player maybe. Kelce is right in his prime and I don't see any decline before one or two years. Hill, Conley and Robinson are arguably ascending and at worst should be just as good as this year.

The defense is more of an unknown going into next year and I expect some change and additions but I hardly see how they could take any significant step back. Hali and Johnson have already slowed down quite a bit. Houston and Berry I am pretty sure have one or two more great years in them but it is possible they could decline at anytime now. Yeah thinking twice, the defense could be slightly worse but not by much IMO.

If there is any step back, it would most definitly come from the QB play.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #62
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I'll get excited when Andy announces it
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Unless I hear it from Coach Andy Reid I'm not going get my hopes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Give those mother f**kers a taste of their next 10 years of agony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
There won't be one among the team. Alex has played well enough where a good game from Mahomes wouldn't stir anything. If Alex was struggling I could understand Andy not playing Mahomes. I would imagine the experience is worth it but we shall see.
Exactly !! Makes sense to start MyHomie2 to introduce him to the speed of the NFL game at the starter level. And what better way than to have him face a very good defense that will show him complex multiple looks with a good pass rush.

And wouldn't it be "a hoot" to see MyHomie2 going against Lynch(both 1st rd QB picks) with Patrick lighting up the "No Fly Zone" giving Elway and crew an initial intro NFL QB colonoscopy of which many to receive 2wice a year for the next 10-15yrs. Bend over and brace for impact No Fly Zone !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant_KC View Post
In gods name why? Why do CP fans continually spout that Bray is some NFL QB or legit prospect?

He’s complete trash. It’s not even debatable.
Oh it is debatable my friend for 2 reasons !!! As some "snowflake CPers" here have said, "he might get hurt"! And the other reason is AR might want to showcase Bray for a potential draft pick or 2.

Very good chance I will score some tickets from a close Bronco friend of mine who is obviously emotionally done with his . But I will only go IF MyHomie starts.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
Most of our OL are right in their prime and young enough not to decline next year, barring a possible down year from a player maybe.
Well they may be young and in their prime BUT their "prime" ain't that good.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #64
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Well they may be young and in their prime BUT their "prime" ain't that good.
It is not great but it is plenty good enough. It is the Oline that blocked for Alex Smith's career year and Kareem Hunt arguably ROY season after all.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #65
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Step back from what? I expect the offense, notwithstanding the QB, to be at least as good as this year. Most of our OL are right in their prime and young enough not to decline next year, barring a possible down year from a player maybe. Kelce is right in his prime and I don't see any decline before one or two years. Hill, Conley and Robinson are arguably ascending and at worst should be just as good as this year.

The defense is more of an unknown going into next year and I expect some change and additions but I hardly see how they could take any significant step back. Hali and Johnson have already slowed down quite a bit. Houston and Berry I am pretty sure have one or two more great years in them but it is possible they could decline at anytime now. Yeah thinking twice, the defense could be slightly worse but not by much IMO.

If there is any step back, it would most definitly come from the QB play.
I expect a step back for several reasons.

- The defense needs to be retooled in several areas. The linebackers are crap and we have very little depth. Bennie Logan will possibly be gone, and we still need to find a replacement starter for Bailey at DE in my opinion. I don't like the other players at safety outside of Berry. Our corners are still a huge question mark after Peters.

- The OL is still a big weakness IMO. They get blown off the ball by even average DL in short yardage situations. They're marginally better in pass protection, but they're still nothing to write home about.

- We have a difficult schedule next year, especially on the road. I also expect Oakland and Denver to bounce back somewhat in the division. With no 1st round pick and limited cap room, any improvements next year will have to come from rookies, bargain bin free agents, or young players currently on the roster.

I don't expect us to be horrible, but I am predicting somewhere between 6-8 wins unless Mahomes absolutely balls out in his first year. I'm fine with such a season, as my main concern next year goes beyond our W/L record. As long as I see growth from Mahomes and evidence that he is the long term answer, I will be happy.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #66

Quote:
It is not great but it is plenty good enough. It is the Oline that blocked for Alex Smith's career year and Kareem Hunt arguably ROY season after all.
Dude, it will be Kamara for ROY I'm afraid. Our losing skid mark was too long in the boxers thus taking a toll on KH's numbers I'm afraid.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #67
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Someone has clearly been smoking crack for Christmas.
santa crack is da bomb, yo!!
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #68
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
Dude, it will be Kamara for ROY I'm afraid. Our losing skid mark was too long in the boxers thus taking a toll on KH's numbers I'm afraid.
We'll see. They have similar touchdown numbers but Hunt has almost double the yardage. A full time runningback is far more valuable than a receiving/gadget back like Kamara. Kamara wouldn't look nearly as good without Drew Brees drawing the attention away from the running game.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #69

Quote:
- The OL is still a big weakness IMO. They get blown off the ball by even average DL in short yardage situations. They're marginally better in pass protection, but they're still nothing to write home about.
BINGO !!! And I would add DL as well. Our "trench play" needs to vastly improve PERIOD !!
Old 12-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #70
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I’m not sure I’d play Mahomes in a meaningless game this late in the year.

I probably would lean towards having the kid wait. Too much riding on next year and if the kid years a knee or has a major injury in a meaningless game...Plus, Denver has shown they aren’t above cheap shots and I’m sure they’d love to end this year hurting Mahomes on a late hit to a knee.
You do make a valid point. He gets a knee blown that makes trading Alex an option no longer. And putting him behind a 2nd string OL against that #2 defense may not be a good idea.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #71

Quote:
We'll see. They have similar touchdown numbers but Hunt has almost double the yardage. A full time runningback is far more valuable than a receiving/gadget back like Kamara. Kamara wouldn't look nearly as good without Drew Brees drawing the attention away from the running game.
I get your point but those voting don't see Kamara as a part time gadget player either and will take into effect IF ME were not there. I assure you they see Kamara more as a "bell cow" even though ME/Kamara share the load. Kamara has gotten stronger and more productive as the season has progressed because he gets more snaps and looks, whereas KH has always been the "bell cow" with his numbers getting worse as the season has progressed. It will be interesting for sure to see how it ends up but don't be surprised if Kamara wins it.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #72
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
You do make a valid point. He gets a knee blown that makes trading Alex an option no longer. And putting him behind a 2nd string OL against that #2 defense may not be a good idea.
We don't have enough players on the OL to field an entire backup OL.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #73
Baby Cry Cry

When yoy play the what if game to the severity some are playing it in this thread, there's no limit. Not starting a player because they *might* get injured is dumb as shit, IMO. It's football, every player might get injured at some point, regardless of when they play. What's the difference between playing Mahomes this Sunday and him starting game 1 next season in regards to injuries? With this line of logic, he should never play.
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:41 PM   #74
Veteran

I’ll be gay for Bray. Worst thing they could do is start Mahomes. If he has an amazing game then you have to wonder what if for the playoffs. If he gets hurt and is out for next season then we’re stuck with Smiff for another year. Gay for Bray!!
wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #75
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler08 View Post
I’ll be gay for Bray. Worst thing they could do is start Mahomes. If he has an amazing game then you have to wonder what if for the playoffs. If he gets hurt and is out for next season then we’re stuck with Smiff for another year. Gay for Bray!!

****ing Clueless

Mahomes like Watson or Bridgewater could blow his knee out in practice.

If Smith and his 4000 yards wouldn't be the worst back up plan for next year.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli