Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Dylan Moses make it to us in your world?

I very much doubt that he does because teams seem to dock guys maybe 5-10 spots for injuries like that if they're considered premier talents. So if he was maybe a top 10 pick before the injury, you figure late teens after. And if he tests well, he'll lose hardly any ground at all.

And with Bush and White both struggling this year (Bush came out on fire but has fallen off over the last several weeks) it seems like it's just !@#$ing hard to play MLB in this league right now.

Maybe we didn't understand just how friggen hard it is to find someone like Derrick Johnson. I mean everyone else we talk about when we say "X would fix so many problems for us on this defense at MLB" is a HoF guy. Schobert's the only dude I've seen who fits who isn't someone like Keuchly or Wagner who are possible first ballot dudes.

It just seems the 2nd tier of 'really good MLBs' is damn near barren right now. They're either elite or they're crap.
RunKc brought it up, but Breeland Speaks over Fred Warner is tough to swallow.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah and it happens to every team. There are other fan boards out there taking about taking player A over Kelce. I don’t get the need to whine about it. There is no team out there that hits on every pick.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Yeah and it happens to every team. There are other fan boards out there taking about taking player A over Kelce. I don’t get the need to whine about it. There is no team out there that hits on every pick.
Yeah, for sure. It's all a crap shoot.

It just sucks double the amount cause Speaks sucks.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

It does but no one gets to talk shit if they weren’t banging the table for someone like Warner.

Case in point. DJ and I were yelling for us to draft Kamara.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

He's had one season playing the wrong position how do you know he sucks already
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
He's had one season playing the wrong position how do you know he sucks already
I'm open for a bet of some sort here.

I don't KNOW the sun will rise tomorrow...but I'm pretty sure of it. And I'm pretty damn sure that Breeland Speaks sucks. Sure enough that I don't feel the need to qualify it every time I say it.

We ain't in a court of law and I don't stand on ceremony. So rather than repeatedly say "I'm pretty sure Breeland Speaks sucks" I'm just gonna say "Speaks sucks" as a shorthand.

Because Speaks sucks.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #8

Quote:
I've mentioned Warner as the kind of guy we should've stumbled onto at least once over the last decade if we had just TRIED.

The problem is how little effort we've put into the off-ball linebacker spot. The team post-Carl has treated ILB/MLB like Carl treated QBs. And to nobody's surprise, it's not going well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I've mentioned Warner as the kind of guy we should've stumbled onto at least once over the last decade if we had just TRIED.

The problem is how little effort we've put into the off-ball linebacker spot. The team post-Carl has treated ILB/MLB like Carl treated QBs. And to nobody's surprise, it's not going well.
Yep.

A few 2nds, and a 3rd here or there and maybe you've got someone.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Yep.

A few 2nds, and a 3rd here or there and maybe you've got someone.
Just look at this shit:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=1496

Spoiler!

Same thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=1547

Spoiler!

Gotta at least pretend to give a shit about a position in the draft in order to get any kind of productivity from it.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:08 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Gotta at least pretend to give a shit about a position in the draft in order to get any kind of productivity from it.
I agree with this. I followed a bit of the Chiefs' recent philosophy and I threw a later pick at the position pretty much every year in the alternate reality mocks and finally may have hit on a 5th rounder in Cole Holcomb.

2016 (4-99) - Josh Perry - Whiff
2017 (5-148) - Blair Brown - Whiff
2018 - None
2019 - (5-178) - Cole Holcomb - Starting w/ 76 tackles

That's not going to cut it when you only have one somewhat decent LB on the entire team.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #12
Pepsi, cheeburger, chip

Quote:

I very much doubt that he does because teams seem to dock guys maybe 5-10 spots for injuries like that if they're considered premier talents. So if he was maybe a top 10 pick before the injury, you figure late teens after. And if he tests well, he'll lose hardly any ground at all.

And with Bush and White both struggling this year (Bush came out on fire but has fallen off over the last several weeks) it seems like it's just !@#$ing hard to play MLB in this league right now.

Maybe we didn't understand just how friggen hard it is to find someone like Derrick Johnson. I mean everyone else we talk about when we say "X would fix so many problems for us on this defense at MLB" is a HoF guy. Schobert's the only dude I've seen who fits who isn't someone like Keuchly or Wagner who are possible first ballot dudes.

It just seems the 2nd tier of 'really good MLBs' is damn near barren right now. They're either elite or they're crap.
Moses dropping to KC would be good, but Schobert would be ideal in that he would hit the ground running as a true QB of the defense.

Here is a hair brained idea: player (and potential picks) tag and trade swap of CJones for Schobert.
Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:

If Moses declares after a season-ending knee injury. I haven't really put him on the radar until I see he does that. If he does, he certainly is in the realm of possibility. Obviously the situation isn't quite the same as Jaylon Smith because Moses should be able to run well by the time the draft rolls, but that injury may stick in people's heads when the draft comes.

Only reason I've pumped the brakes on Shobert was looking at the Browns free agent list. I think he gets tagged. He's been playing good enough football the past few years I think he's just as well on pace as Keuchly and Wagner at this point in his career. I don't think the Browns let that walk.

As for RB, I seriously considered mocking a FA pickup of Jordan Howard. He's the big back that can do everything that Veach seems to like and he won't come with the price tag that guys like Bell and Henry will.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.