Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2020, 11:39 AM  
MVP

***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****

Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:11 AM   #1426
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
He can do just that. You clearly need to watch more tape if you think otherwise.
I've seen him.....he's not Murray or Queen or Willie Gay, I'll say that much.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:13 AM   #1427
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
This for me too. No conversion/transition types that makes me think of Speaks.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
He’s not converting or transitioning. He’s played off the ball and it’s where he is most comfortable (straight out of the horses mouth). No matter how many times you say this, it’s not true.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:18 AM   #1428
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I've seen him.....he's not Murray or Queen or Willie Gay, I'll say that much.
Yea he’s not Queen or Murray, but those two won’t make it to 32 because guys like that don’t.

I like Gay, but you overrate the shit out of him. Dude played 5 games last year and has barely even been a starter. The upside is certainly there, but he’s a guy that most people had as a day 3 prospect before the combine. Most people have him as a late day 2 pick at best still, and you talk about him like he’s a 1st rounder.

Besides, comparing Baun to those guys isn’t exactly fair. Baun’s best attributes are versatility and football IQ. He’s the LB version of Tyrann, hence why I think he’d be such a great fit with Spags.

Last edited by staylor26; 03-31-2020 at 07:24 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #1429
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Holy shit Laremy Tunsil is wanting $20M AAV. He turned down $18.5M AAV.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
He has big brain Bobby O'Brien by the balls. I mean look at this trade for a 1 year rental (2 I guess, but everybody knew LT wanted to get paid):
Quote:
The Dolphins shipped Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a fourth-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2021 to Houston. In return, they will receive a pair of first-round picks — in 2020 and 2021 — a 2021 second-round pick, cornerback Johnson Bademosi and tackle Julien Davenport.
If the Texans can't manage to resign Tunsil BoB should be fired immediately. He should have been after trading away Hopkins, but there would be no defending the expense paid to get Tunsil if they can't get him on the field. Tunsil will hold out and the Texans will have to pay him $20m a year.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 03-31-2020, 07:29 AM   #1430
Hockey Town

Quote:
Yea he’s not Queen or Murray, but those two won’t make it to 32 because guys like that don’t.

I like Gay, but you overrate the shit out of him. Dude played 5 games last year and has barely even been a starter. The upside is certainly there, but he’s a guy that most people had as a day 3 prospect before the combine. Most people have him as a late day 2 pick at best still, and you talk about him like he’s a 1st rounder.

Besides, comparing Baun to those guys isn’t exactly fair. Baun’s best attributes are versatility and football IQ. He’s the LB version of Tyrann, hence why I think he’d be such a great fit with Spags.
Willie Gay would be a top 15 pick had he actually played, his red flags are what is causing him to drop. The only LB that would go higher is Simmons, he has more athletic gifts than the other guys and he's more complete.

He's faster than Murray, he's bigger and more physical than Queen.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:39 AM   #1431
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Willie Gay would be a top 15 pick had he actually played, his red flags are what is causing him to drop. The only LB that would go higher is Simmons, he has more athletic gifts than the other guys and he's more complete.

He's faster than Murray, he's bigger and more physical than Queen.
Nothing is “causing him to drop”. His stock is up, not down. And it’s not that simple. His tape isn’t exactly flawless even when he was on the field. He’s a freak athlete with great size and he flashes on tape, but there are reasons beyond his suspension (which was just academic) that people still have him as a late 2nd or 3rd rounder at best.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:52 AM   #1432
Hockey Town

I actually think he has a chance to be the best LB from the class. I'll even explain that out.

I like Simmons a ton but he's not a pure LB, he's a freak that can play 4 positions and he needs a coach that understand what he is.

Patrick Queen is a similar prospect athletically to Derrick Johnson, he's mega athletic and has speed for days, yet he's very blah against the run because he's a bit light and doesn't like taking on blockers, literally has the same knock coming out. He's like a Deion Jones, if he can work on his tackling and get a little bigger he's gonna have a nice career. He also has 12 starts which concerns me a bit, but when you watch a dude drop into coverage and look like a CB that has a ton of value in todays game.

I think Murray is probably the most sure thing. He's smart, takes calculated risks, shows speed and is tough in the run game. I actually don't see much weakness here to be honest. Where I think Queen is probably only a Will, Murray I think can fit in anywhere. I see his very top end potential as Bobby Wagner.

Now when I see Gay, I see the sideline to sideline speed. He has more than Murray does, his speed is there, dude can fly. Another thing I really like about him is his ability to hit, where Queen is a blah tackler Gay lights guys up. He seems to have good cover instincts from what I saw, he's not as athletic as Simmons but total I'd put him 2nd in the class in that category. I see a lot of Jaylon Smith in his game film in the way he plays.

If you put a gun to my head and said you have to take 1 of these guys and he better be a good starter. I'd probably take Murray, extremely safe, at worst he's going to be a good starter. I think Willie Gay though is the guy who people may wonder how they missed that because his potential is much higher.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:55 AM   #1433
In Search of a Life

I totally agree that Gay could be the best LB in this class when it’s all said and done. His upside is through the roof.

That doesn’t change anything else that I’ve said though.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:56 AM   #1434
In Search of a Life

So if Clowney ends up looking for just a one year prove it kinda deal....Sign Jones to a long term deal, cut Sammy and sign Clowney.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #1435
Hockey Town

Quote:
I totally agree that Gay could be the best LB in this class when it’s all said and done. His upside is through the roof.

That doesn’t change anything else that I’ve said though.
I'll be honest, I'm not a Baun guy, I don't really see him as a scheme fit, I could be wrong but that isn't the type of LB I like for the 4-3 in todays game.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #1436
MVP

Dre Kirkpatrick got cut. Should we be interested?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 AM   #1437
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Dre Kirkpatrick got cut. Should we be interested?
I would be, if it's on a flyer like we did with Breeland last year. He may be too expensive in the end, though.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:40 AM   #1438
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard View Post
I would be, if it's on a flyer like we did with Breeland last year. He may be too expensive in the end, though.
That wouldnt be bad.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:46 AM   #1439
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

More competition in the open market, from Breeland's perspective.

He'd be wise to get a deal done sooner than later, or just wait until post draft / mid-camp if someone goes down out there around the league.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:48 AM   #1440
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
I'll never understand the fascination for Bashaud Breeland around here. Clearly the most overrated Chiefs player on this board.

Serviceable player but I couldn't care less if he was not resigned.
I like him because he plays a physical corner a perfect compliment to the finesse style of Ward. Sorta like the days of Lewis and Ross.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.