Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2024, 08:20 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Best Chiefs roster in franchise history

Which roster do you think was/is the best in franchise history? And honestly why is it not this years roster?

-Chiefs have the best HC
-Arguably (we certainly think he is) the best DC in the league
-top 3 defense that only lost Sneed and should still be top 10
-an offense with 2 elite speed WR’s (Hollywood/Worthy), Rice and Wiley as a complimentary player to go with Mahomes/Kelce/Pacheco
-top 3 kicker in the league

Unless injuries occur (knock on wood) I think this team is KO’ing a lot of teams in the regular season like they did in 2020. Raiders are getting curb stomped. Broncos are getting beaten by double digits easy.

This team is so loaded man. Can 2020 or any other Chiefs team compare?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:18 PM   #16
Fish are scared of me

31 other teams are saying the same thing
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 09:23 PM   #17
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
31 other teams are saying the same thing
They're definitely NOT saying this in Buffalo, Cincy, Los Angeles, Denver, Las Vegas or Miami.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:30 PM   #18
MVP

Hank Stram’s team was pretty loaded with Hall of Fame talent.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 09:34 PM   #19
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Skill positions on offense are not even close.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:57 PM   #20
'Stachecicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Skill positions on offense are not even close.
Interesting thought experiment. Two game series. 1970 SB winning Chiefs (magically restored to youth, or resurrected if necessary) iv 2024 Chiefs squad.

Game one 1970 rules, uniforms and officials. No replay. Each member of 2023 squad must smoke two cigarettes during half time. Injured player can ‘juice up” as needed if injured.

Game two, 2023 rules , uniforms, officiating. No smoking in the locker rooms. No drugs.
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 09:59 PM   #21
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Correct. But Mahomes is so good I believe he covers any delta by himself. Meaning I think spots 1-8 on Chiefs all time rosters have to be whatever ranking of Mahomes 8 years (counting 2024). Plus the modern day Chiefs have arguably two GOATs playing. As good as those Stram teams were, I’m not sure if there is a legit GOAT candidate there.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 10:02 PM   #22
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by trndobrd View Post
Interesting thought experiment. Two game series. 1970 SB winning Chiefs (magically restored to youth, or resurrected if necessary) iv 2024 Chiefs squad.

Game one 1970 rules, uniforms and officials. No replay. Each member of 2023 squad must smoke two cigarettes during half time. Injured player can ‘juice up” as needed if injured.

Game two, 2023 rules , uniforms, officiating. No smoking in the locker rooms. No drugs.
Honestly I think they’d have to call both games at half. Chris Jones would literally kill multiple lineman from the 60’s/70’s.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:15 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Don't start this shit again, because some thought this of last year's WR corps
Yeah how they all were all terrible outside of Rice still shocks me to this day. At a minimum we know we have a ton of speed. That by itself will allow Kelce and Rice to feast. The defenses can't cheat or Mahomes will just lob it 50 yards down the field.

The rest if the league is cooked.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-27-2024, 10:17 PM   #24
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Plus, Rice and Hollywood are proven commodities. We aren’t hoping that Toney figures it out or Moore takes a step forward.
Yep, Mahomes throws for another 5000+ yard passing season. We don’t need Toney or Moore to step up. We needed them last year to step up and they didn’t but we still took home the SB trophy.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:21 PM   #25
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Yeah how they all were all terrible outside of Rice still shocks me to this day. At a minimum we know we have a ton of speed. That by itself will allow Kelce and Rice to feast. The defenses can't cheat or Mahomes will just lob it 50 yards down the field.

The rest if the league is cooked.
Brown-Rice-Worthy-Kelce

Smells a lot like

Bruce-Holt-Hakim-Proehl

More top end ability in the greatest show, but I think Worthy and Kelce are clearly a step up. Kelce's probably more of a comp to Faulk in the passing game at this point anyway.

Now imagine if Warner could run for 500 yards a year.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:23 PM   #26
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I hope we just kick every kickoff through the endzone so we don’t give up any trash td’s that give shit teams a chance.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:24 PM   #27
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Honestly I think they’d have to call both games at half. Chris Jones would literally kill multiple lineman from the 60’s/70’s.
Yeah, EJ Holub started at center and weighed 236 lbs.

We can love those old teams while still acknowledging that modern athletes would kill them.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 10:25 PM   #28
Veteran

We've never really had that combo of Top Offense AND Top Defense, but 2019 was close enough. The #1 offense and a decent enough defense to get us through.

2020 gets forgotten to time because of COVID, but we were absolute world beaters that year. Same team as 2019 with CEH pre-injury, Sneed, and Gay as rookies. The only thing that stopped that team were injuries. I still contend that Britt Reid ****ed us as well, but I'm not really bothered by it at this point.

2022 was the more balanced team, I just wish the defense didn't get slapped around in the Super Bowl, otherwise it would be remembered more fondly. And even so, I still believe the 2019/2020 teams were more dominant.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:27 PM   #29
MVP

Bo Nix isn't worried.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:29 PM   #30
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
2022 was the more balanced team, I just wish the defense didn't get slapped around in the Super Bowl, otherwise it would be remembered more fondly. And even so, I still believe the 2019/2020 teams were more dominant.
It's a real 87/88 49ers dynamic.

The 87 49ers were absolutely dominant. Everyone expected them to walk through the league into the third ring. Got upset in the divisional round.

88 team struggled but put it together at the end.

We're living that dynasty experience!

One of these days we'll have another great season that goes awry and I'll be thinking about this video.