Leafs win the Cup	Gadzooks
William.2		?????
Noah			CaliforniaChief's Kid
c.o_THjtt		Al_Bundy
frozen chief		frozen chief
One Magnificent Bracket	KCtotheSB
KC_Lee			KC_Lee
j.1			Shag

Last edited by DaFace; 04-24-2018 at 08:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:04 PM   #676
Better than Nelson

Yes! **** the Caps!
Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.Rudy tossed tigger's salad would the whole thing.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #677
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
**** the Knights. Basically lucked into a bunch of jobbers having ridiculous seasons.
How does a team "Luck" into getting to the Championship of their sport? Especially if they're just "jobbers"? Did they really "Luck" into winning as many games as they did when at one point during the season their 1st string goalie was out for 2 months and they so many injuries in in that position they were using their 4th string goalie? Is it "luck" that they kept beating teams that were suppose to smash them like a fly, Winnipeg in particular? Its "Luck" to win this many games in the postseason so quickly that they could break yet another record by winning the Cup in under 19 games?? Thats Luck?? Hmmm.
Well I guess its better to be lucky than good.
Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #678
MVP

SO I was at the game yesterday. Actually, I was at the arena all day broadcasting and then trying to get a ticket. I failed at the ticket part, even though I bought one, they just never delivered the ticket (A ticket broker). That part was infuriating. However, I will be at game 2, and I have my ticket so IM Golden.

Its a nutty atmosphere in this city. Its unreal
Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #679
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlota69 View Post
SO I was at the game yesterday. Actually, I was at the arena all day broadcasting and then trying to get a ticket. I failed at the ticket part, even though I bought one, they just never delivered the ticket (A ticket broker). That part was infuriating. However, I will be at game 2, and I have my ticket so IM Golden.

Its a nutty atmosphere in this city. Its unreal
That's AWESOME.. Enjoy!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #680
MVP

Quote:
How does a team "Luck" into getting to the Championship of their sport? Especially if they're just "jobbers"? Did they really "Luck" into winning as many games as they did when at one point during the season their 1st string goalie was out for 2 months and they so many injuries in in that position they were using their 4th string goalie? Is it "luck" that they kept beating teams that were suppose to smash them like a fly, Winnipeg in particular? Its "Luck" to win this many games in the postseason so quickly that they could break yet another record by winning the Cup in under 19 games?? Thats Luck?? Hmmm.
I wouldn't say they lucked into anything, but they definitely benefitted from generous expansion rules. As a Wild fan, it does make me a little bitter than the Wild and Blue Jackets had to compete for/split 4th liners at best, while Vegas got their own draft, comprised of MUCH better talent.

That said, it's been a fun story. Enjoy the ride!
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #681
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
I wouldn't say they lucked into anything, but they definitely benefitted from generous expansion rules. As a Wild fan, it does make me a little bitter than the Wild and Blue Jackets had to compete for/split 4th liners at best, while Vegas got their own draft, comprised of MUCH better talent.

That said, it's been a fun story. Enjoy the ride!
I hear you regarding competing with another team, but when we drafted those players, everyone said what a shitty job McPhee did and how we were gong to be the worst team ever and those players sucked and were a bunch of nobodies and they were used up and washed up. Now we here from everywhere that we benefited from the draft, that we got an all star team and everything is rigged for us. What happened to bad draft,m terrible players and lucky to win 20 games?? ( im not speaking directly to as much as I am to all the haters)
Old 05-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #682
MVP

Quote:
I hear you regarding competing with another team, but when we drafted those players, everyone said what a shitty job McPhee did and how we were gong to be the worst team ever and those players sucked and were a bunch of nobodies and they were used up and washed up. Now we here from everywhere that we benefited from the draft, that we got an all star team and everything is rigged for us. What happened to bad draft,m terrible players and lucky to win 20 games?? ( im not speaking directly to as much as I am to all the haters)
My complaint is solely around the design of the draft. When MN/CBJ had their draft, teams could protect 15 players. The players made available had to then be split across two teams. VGK's draft, teams could only protect 11 players, and no other expansion team to compete with. The quality of talent available isn't even comparable.

Clearly, Vegas has exceeded everyone's expectations, and they've certainly made the whole better than the parts. Plus, giving some younger guys time on better lines has allowed those guys to come into their own. I registered no opinion on the quality of the draft at the time, but do recall the general consensus that it wasn't a great draft by McPhee - he seems to have proven them wrong. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the team does next season - is this season a fluke, or was the team put together with foresight beyond what most could see?
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #683
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Ignore the troll, everyone else does.

Quote:
Hyperbole aside, I'm guessing maybe local media has played up the inferiority complex angle? Or maybe you're concentrating on the idiots too much. I don't remember seeing anything about how they'd be the worst ever, especially considering Fleury... and anyone who did should have at least given them credit for stocking draft picks and looking towards the future.

IMO, they had a relatively easy path to the Finals, but it's not like that discredits them... and of course, it's not like they backed into the playoffs or anything. I haven't really seen anyone pumping them up to be more than they are as far as saying they stole a bunch of all stars (NBC/NBCSN-wise, mostly)... of course, in hindsight people will say they did a masterful job, and they should.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #684
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shag View Post
My complaint is solely around the design of the draft. When MN/CBJ had their draft, teams could protect 15 players. The players made available had to then be split across two teams. VGK's draft, teams could only protect 11 players, and no other expansion team to compete with. The quality of talent available isn't even comparable.

Clearly, Vegas has exceeded everyone's expectations, and they've certainly made the whole better than the parts. Plus, giving some younger guys time on better lines has allowed those guys to come into their own. I registered no opinion on the quality of the draft at the time, but do recall the general consensus that it wasn't a great draft by McPhee - he seems to have proven them wrong. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the team does next season - is this season a fluke, or was the team put together with foresight beyond what most could see?
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It's probably better for the league to have new teams be able to hit the ground running and build a fanbase, so I definitely understand why they did it that way (and why it sounds like they'll do it that way with Seattle), but it sucks for past teams who had to crawl through some shit to even be able to start competing. It'll be interesting to see how Seattle fares under the same model.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #685
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

I'm sure when the league meets there will be a few questions asked about just how much of an assist this process gave them.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #686
MFIC

Laurence Gilman was hired as an Assistant GM in Toronto this week so, I thought I'd take a look into his background.
His last job was with the league, designing the rules for the Golden Knights expansion draft, (he was AGM for Vancouver under Gillis before that and is generally considered as a cap guru). Since there was only one team, it wasn't technically a draft. He called it a "harvest of assets". He came up with the rules and met with McPhee and Co. to explain the options.
From the looks of it, the NHL wanted Vegas to be competitive off the bat.
IMO - McPhee and Co. did a great job of harvesting assets and had the benefit of Florida disgracing Gerard Gallant so he could apply his aggressive style of game to this group of misfits.
I thought they did quite well in the harvest, the deals to avoid certain players and the draft picks they got to take on bad contracts while they could. But I didn't expect this.

The NHL has already announced that they'll use the same rules for Seattle. It makes me feel kinda bad for the other expansion teams, but I'm a Leafs fan. We haven't won a cup in 541 years, so ****'em.
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:38 PM   #687
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Incredible game last night. Great atmosphere. Lots of Caps fans but still great energy from the Vegas crowd. Love the intro. Would be corny if it wasn't Vegas doing it. Liked the quotes they showed a few games ago during intros from the doubters.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #688
Veteran

If i'm some rich dude I'm literally begging the NHL for the 32nd franchise. Expansion draft super overpowered!
Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chiefs4TheWin Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #689
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
Incredible game last night. Great atmosphere. Lots of Caps fans but still great energy from the Vegas crowd. Love the intro. Would be corny if it wasn't Vegas doing it. Liked the quotes they showed a few games ago during intros from the doubters.
Medieval Times on ice.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #690
Would an idiot do that?

The safe bet is a 2-1 slugfest after all the offense. My bold prediction is the Caps will stupidly try to get that result, the Knights will have none of it and win relatively easily..... which probably means the Caps will win 8-0.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.