Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #16051
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

I spent nearly an hour waiting in line outside to enter a local grocery store this morning because of the county's new mandate that all grocery stores must reduce their normal capacity by 50% (to encourage social distancing).

So this created a long line of people outside practicing less social distancing than if they were already inside of the store (where there are social distancing markers/indicators).

Not to mention the "normal" store capacity is created by the fire marshal with the premise of promoting safe distances.

And also two elderly people and a person with diabetes who were waiting in the long line required medical attention from the heat/sun exposure. Ironically the same category of people most at risk from Coronarivus, are also at risk from the supposed social distancing measures to curtail the virus' spread.

A supposed "cure" being worse than the public health threat... Exhibit A.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #16052
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I think I may have had it in mid-February—but a mild case of it.
I had the flu.
Had my annual Daytona party this year. 6 out of about 14 people got sick that following week, 3 couples. It has crossed our minds the same. All of them seemed like general flu though, no terrible respiratory for any of them.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #16053
"Think BOOM!"

Modelo Group, the Mexican brewer of Corona, announced it was halting production and marketing of its beer, according to a statement released on the company’s Twitter page Friday.

The Mexican beer company said it was taking the steps to “comply with the measures adopted by the Federal Government” of Mexico.

They also expressed their “total commitment to be part of the fight against the SARS-Cov2 virus”, the statement reads.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #16054
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

When I got back from the Philippines at end of January me and wife were sick for 3 days with low grade fever, body achs, cough, and exhaustion. We thought it was just jetlag and cold or something.

Wouldn't be surprised if we had it.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #16055
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I spent nearly an hour waiting in line outside to enter a local grocery store this morning because of the county's new mandate that all grocery stores must reduce their normal capacity by 50% (to encourage social distancing).

So this created a long line of people outside practicing less social distancing than if they were already inside of the store (where there are social distancing markers/indicators).

Not to mention the "normal" store capacity is created by the fire marshal with the premise of promoting safe distances.

And also two elderly people and a person with diabetes who were waiting in the long line required medical attention from the heat/sun exposure. Ironically the same category of people most at risk from Coronarivus, are also at risk from the supposed social distancing measures to curtail the virus' spread.

A supposed "cure" being worse than the public health threat... Exhibit A.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #16056
"Think BOOM!"

Even though some early data out of Wuhan, China, suggests that the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine could “significantly” shorten the time it takes for Covid-19 patients to recover from illness, US infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci warned that more research is needed to determine that drug's effectiveness against Covid-19.

That early data is not "very robust," Fauci said on "Fox & Friends."

" "Granted that there is a suggestion that there is a benefit there, I think we've got to be careful that we don't make that majestic leap to assume that this is a knockout drug," Fauci said this morning."

"We still need to do the kinds of studies that definitively prove whether any intervention — not just this one — any intervention is truly safe and effective," Fauci said. "But when you don't have that information it's understandable, and I grant that, it's understandable why people may want to take something anyway even with the slightest hint of it being effective and I have no problem with that."
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #16057
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Maybe you should follow up on how fire marshal-mandated capacities are created since you seem to be confused.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #16058
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

No cervesas for Cinco de mayo
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #16059
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Based on what figures?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...s-2020-3%3famp
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #16060
Mahomes or GTFO

My wife and I are both convinced we had this in January. Never felt anything like it. Fever, chills, aches, and a literal BURNING sensation in our lungs. We tested negative for flu and were told it was a “seasonal virus” that was going around. He grandma and grandpa came down with it after being at our house a few days before we got sick. Her grandfather got double pneumonia and was hospitalized for a week with it...again, no flu.

I am almost certain that if we took the antibodies test, we have had this thing.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #16061
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Okay. But if the 2017-2018 season had 45,000,000 cases and 61,000 deaths, the CFR is 0.013%, right?
Old 04-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #16062
It was not a fair catch

Des Moines paper saying Iowa leaning towards online learning the rest of the year.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #16063
It was not a fair catch

Gov. Walz: ‘Relatively slim’ chance MN students return before school year’s end amid coronavirus outbreak

YES!!!!!!
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #16064
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
I never once mentioned hospitalization rates. Nice change of subject.

I did however claim that the fatality rate for under 50 has been reported to be equivalent to a bad flu season and that is in this thread if you care to look. Are you arguing the accuracy of said reports or claiming I lied about it?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
Yes I am, that is clear in what I posted. You are pulling a Hamas now and changing the subject. You, like him, tried to argue that what I posted was false. Please back that up or retract it now that you have possibly had a chance to read what I actually wrote.

Or answer the question and provide YOUR metric for easing restrictions.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Okay. But if the 2017-2018 season had 45,000,000 cases and 61,000 deaths, the CFR is 0.013%, right?
Yeah, because that's the 2017 flu season. Austin is berating people while getting the year and numbers wrong. It's not 0.16, and it's not 2018.

That's why we call it COVID-19 and not COVID-20.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #16065
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
No cervesas for Cinco de mayo
Noooooooo
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.