Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #42541
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Yes, it is:

Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) increased from week 26 – week 29 (June 27 – July 18) for the first time since mid-April. The percentage for week 31 is 7.8% and currently lower than the percentage during week 30 (12.6%); however, the percentage remains above the epidemic threshold. Percentages for recent weeks will likely increase as more death certificates are processed.
False. But I am not going to Donger this thread up any further with your nonsense.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #42542
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
False.
That's from the CDC. If you want to argue with them, have at it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iew/index.html
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:42 PM   #42543
I love your mom

Quote:
This will be gone sooner than later one way or another and people will continue to die from other diseases at a greater rate. Just like they are now.

Its not even a pandemic at this point.
More people died from covid this year than 3-4 years of gun violence but people still feel the need to carry a gun for protection and the protect their family , yet don’t want to wear a mask to do the same.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #42544
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
More people died from covid this year than 3-4 years of gun violence but people still feel the need to carry a gun for protection and the protect their family , yet don’t want to wear a mask to do the same.
Thats because not that many people die from gun violence every year. What a ****ing stupid comparison only a Canadian would make.

Good grief dude.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #42545
I love your mom

Quote:
Thats because not that many people die from gun violence every year. What a ****ing stupid comparison only a Canadian would make.

Good grief dude.
Why need a gun if there isn’t much of a threat is the point I am trying to make

The threat of dying from covid is much greater I agree , yet why carry a gun and not a mask.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #42546
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Why need a gun if there isn’t much of a threat is the point I am trying to make

The threat of dying from covid is much greater I agree , yet why carry a gun and not a mask.
stop it.

You have a better chance of being a victim of violent crime than dying of covid unless you are around 78 years old.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #42547
I love your mom

Quote:
stop it.

You have a better chance of being a victim of violent crime than dying of covid unless you are around 78 years old.
What percentage of the population died to gun violence this year , you like those stats .

That’s just media based fear mongering if you ask me having to carry a gun seems draconian.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:09 PM   #42548
Diablo Negro

Quote:
What percentage of the population died to gun violence this year , you like those stats .

That’s just media based fear mongering if you ask me having to carry a gun seems draconian.
Why do you have to die for it to count? Most of the issue is personal protection from robbery or assault, not fear of death.

When that standard is brought up with Covid then you bring up people getting sick and having permanent damage but live.

Your gun fear mongering is irrelevant to this conversation dude, stop the stupid comparison, its the first sign your argument sucks when you make ridiculous parallels like this.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #42549
In Search of a Life

I don't understand those who still think this will just go away on its own. The weather is going to get colder which doesn't bode well for any coronavirus. I pay less attention to cases and deaths. The stress we saw to our hospitals is good reason to at least still stay careful.

This shouldn't be hard. We've learned enough about this thing that we can be mostly normal as long as businesses and systems have protocol and plans. Even those plans have started to relax. Like clockwork those without a plan become super spreaders. We don't need to shut everything down like a doomsdayer but will also can't just blatantly dismiss what's happening either. I just don't get why these things always have to be such black and white issues.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #42550
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I mean this whole panacea idea is kind of silly. We have an influenza vaccine and it’s about 40% effective by the time it is administered because viruses can and do mutate. Sure we will eventually have a vaccine but anybody that thinks that’s the end of it is fooling themselves.
This has been covered literally a hundred times in this thread.

Two totally different viruses. All research points to this thing being susceptible to vaccination.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #42551
Mod Team

Quote:
Why do you have to die for it to count? Most of the issue is personal protection from robbery or assault, not fear of death.

When that standard is brought up with Covid then you bring up people getting sick and having permanent damage but live.

Your gun fear mongering is irrelevant to this conversation dude, stop the stupid comparison, its the first sign your argument sucks when you make ridiculous parallels like this.
I thought only deaths mattered?!?!?!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:42 PM   #42552
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I thought only deaths mattered?!?!?!
Per trillion or not relevant.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:42 PM   #42553
I love your mom

Quote:

I don’t think I’m gun fear mongering I’m doing to opposite I have way less chance of dying of gun violence than covid.
I keep saying gun violence is rare and affects a small percentage of the population and some demographics more than others , yet some people still feel concerned enough to take precautions, yet you come in here everyday trying to minimize covid even though it affects a larger amount of the population and ridicule people who feel concerned enough to take precautions.

And yes yes not just deaths should count for both yet you bring up deaths percentage in here pretty often.

I was trying to argue your reasoning for fearing one thing over the other , gun was the only one I could think of I wasn’t trying to argue guns themselves and it shouldn’t have taken me this many posts for you to get the point.

Last edited by Monticore; 08-12-2020 at 03:02 PM..
Old 08-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #42554
Sometimes it's black and white

I guess that all depends on how many people takethe vaccine and how effective it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Will it really matter how many people get it as long as all the people that want it have had it?
If the vaccine is 100% effective. But it probably won’t be.

If the vaccine is 50% effective it makes a huge difference what percent of the population gets it.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #42555
New and Improved

Quote:
I don’t think I’m gun fear mongering I’m doing to opposite I have way less chance of drying of gun violence than covid.
I keep saying gun violence is rare and affects a small percentage of the population and some demographics more than others , yet some people still feel concerned enough to take precautions, yet you come in here everyday trying to minimize covid even though it affects a larger amount of the population and ridicule people who feel concerned enough to take precautions.

And yes yes not just deaths should count for both yet you bring up deaths percentage in here pretty often.

I was trying to argue your reasoning for fearing one thing over the other , gun was the only one I could think of I wasn’t trying to argue guns themselves and it shouldn’t have taken me this many posts for you to get the point.

Now you gone and done it! You're not supposed to talk about the Free Dummies guns.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.