Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Pick the TWO musical acts you would most like to see at Super Bowl halftime.
Driving Wheel 3 10.34%
Ben Folds 19 65.52%
Greta Van Fleet 19 65.52%
Stone Broken 2 6.90%
Leon Bridges 5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2018, 11:40 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Supersong Tournament: Round 1, Heat 8. (PICK TWO)

In Round One, I'll put the nominees up in random clumps of five, and you'll pick the TWO musical acts that you would most like, or least hate, to see on the world's biggest stage as the Chiefs face some NFC team next year. In subsequent rounds this system may evolve.

The rules are more or less non-existent. Lobby for anyone you like, post videos for us, and make any arguments against totally insipid groups and rappers. Convince us one way or the other.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

My winners:

1. Ben Folds. He'll have a symphony there and he'll play piano, and he'll compose a song on the spot about Patrick Mahomes II's first-half mastery. Ben would be a great Super Bowl act.

2. Greta Van Fleet. It's a little harder rock than I prefer, but holy cow, that lead singer's voice. If their composing catches up to his talent, the sky's the limit. They'll need some help putting together a Super Bowl act, so maybe Ben Folds could help them.

My non-winners:

3. Stone Broken. Good hard rockin', but their lead singer can't match up to Greta Van Fleet's lead singer, and their composing can't match up to Ben Folds.

4. Leon Bridges. He's okay. It's not the most exciting music, though, and I want energy in my Super Bowl halftime show.

5. Driving Wheel. They don't appear to exist on youtube so I went back to the nominee thread and found them. I think. https://drivingwheel.bandcamp.com/. A little too bluesy for me, and I like blues.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
Spooky Action

Going with Driving Wheel or Ben Folds.

People like Greta Van Fleet for being Zeppelin-like. Talented, but they are too without mystique or versatility (or originality) IMO. I'd watch it though.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Ben Folds?

Good grief. This is the worst tournament in the history of CP. I expected more from you Rain Main. I probably should have expected less from CP though...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
The 23rd Pillar

Ben Folds is creative and would probably come up with a good halftime show.

Greta Van Fleet is like having Led Zeppelin do the show except that they have the energy of youth and they're from America.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
The Dude Abides

Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 10-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #7
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Ben Folds?

Good grief. This is the worst tournament in the history of CP. I expected more from you Rain Main. I probably should have expected less from CP though...
You clearly have not listened to enough Ben Folds. While my favorite music of his is some of his more melodic stuff, he could put on a great high-energy show.

Angry Dwarf would be a nice start.

He could split the 70,000+ crowd up into parts to Army.

I'd like to see him pull off Rockin' the Suburbs.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
The Dude Abides

Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 10-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #9
MY LITTLE #15

Other than looking up tour dates for the validity of the nominations, I'm really not familiar with any of these. Leon Bridges sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if I've heard any songs or not (chances are I have and didn't know who it was).

Taking a stab in the dark with my two picks on this one.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Check out the piano starting at about 3:30 here. That would play to the worldwide Super Bowl crowd.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #11
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

This aren't song that I'd put in a Super Bowl, but they're great examples of his more melodic tunes. He puts out some great work.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #12
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
You clearly have not listened to enough Ben Folds. While my favorite music of his is some of his more melodic stuff, he could put on a great high-energy show.
I've listened to just enough Ben Folds to know that it's boring hipster crap...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #13
Constable of Untruths

Greta Van Fleet—the next great American rock band.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #14
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Greta Van Fleet—the next great American rock band.
Don't crown them yet. It's just an informal message board poll.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:26 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My winners:

1. Ben Folds. He'll have a symphony there and he'll play piano, and he'll compose a song on the spot about Patrick Mahomes II's first-half mastery. Ben would be a great Super Bowl act.

2. Greta Van Fleet. It's a little harder rock than I prefer, but holy cow, that lead singer's voice. If their composing catches up to his talent, the sky's the limit. They'll need some help putting together a Super Bowl act, so maybe Ben Folds could help them.

My non-winners:

3. Stone Broken. Good hard rockin', but their lead singer can't match up to Greta Van Fleet's lead singer, and their composing can't match up to Ben Folds.

4. Leon Bridges. He's okay. It's not the most exciting music, though, and I want energy in my Super Bowl halftime show.

5. Driving Wheel. They don't appear to exist on youtube so I went back to the nominee thread and found them. I think. https://drivingwheel.bandcamp.com/. A little too bluesy for me, and I like blues.

What? No Steppenwolf? No YES? No Uriah Heep, Grand Funk Railroad?...damn....I’m old....Honest to God, I have no idea who any of these acts are.......
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.