Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:24 AM   #331
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan View Post
How many reps/sets are you doing now? I’m seriously thinking of going that direction. I’m 48 and incorporating more agility stuff. Lifting heavy just isn’t feeling good anymore.
I have found I can still go heavy as long as I am training for strength vs size. The 5 minutes between sets with 3-5 reps per set has kept the pain away.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 11:46 AM   #332
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
I have found I can still go heavy as long as I am training for strength vs size. The 5 minutes between sets with 3-5 reps per set has kept the pain away.
Thanks for the tip. One of my issues is impatience. I know I push through too fast and don’t give myself time to recover properly. I’ve always felt great, but I think age is starting to catch up to me. But, the older you get, the more important it becomes to strength train.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:47 AM   #333
Inmem 2.0

After 2 months of inconsistency with lifting due to work and let's be honest some laziness I got back on track in November. Finish the year strong gents
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:08 PM   #334
Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. One of my issues is impatience. I know I push through too fast and don’t give myself time to recover properly. I’ve always felt great, but I think age is starting to catch up to me. But, the older you get, the more important it becomes to strength train.
I have found over the past year that hypertrophy training is not great for me anymore. I recover much quicker and with much less, almost zero, joint pain.

so for me its 9 months out of the year strength training: High weight (RPE 7-8),
Low reps and sets. 3-5 reps for 3-5 sets with a minimum rest of 3, preferably 5, minutes between sets.

The other 3 I will do hypertrophy with mid-range weight. 10-12 reps, 3-4 sets with 45-60 seconds between sets.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:30 PM   #335
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
How many reps/sets are you doing now? I’m seriously thinking of going that direction. I’m 48 and incorporating more agility stuff. Lifting heavy just isn’t feeling good anymore.

I'm 8-12 with a pause at the bottom and a hard suqeeze at the top. This may not seem high rep to you, but in the past I was mostly in the 4-6 rep range and I wasn't suqeezing. The squeezing and flexing makes light weight seem heavy as hell.

I do a 4 day split:
Chest and shoulders (side and front delts)
Back, rear delts, and traps
Arms
Legs
Rest day whenever I feel like I need a rest day or when something inevitably comes up

I'll typically pick 3 exercises per body area- almost always 1 big compound exercise and 2 isolations. I'll do a few feeler sets to get warmed up and primed for the real working sets, then it's usually 2 sets to failure. The last set I'll often do a drop set or a rest pause or something like that. Leg day is a little different in that I'll pick 2 big compound movements (squat, hack, leg press, lunges, bulgarian split sqats) and I always do curls and extensions. Sometimes I'll throw in sissy squats or super high rep slant board goblet squats as a finisher.

After the failure sets, I'll flex hard and hold it for 20 seconds. I generally rest about 1:30 between sets unless it's one of the taxing compound exercise like BB rows, squats, or lunges.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:41 PM   #336
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I'm going to start long term hgh tomorrow. I have enough for 4iu daily for a year. I'm excited about the healing benefits. We'll see how long it takes to start seeing changes in old nagging injuries and skin improvement. In particular, I'm interested in what it can do (if anything) for my shoulders. I haven't been able to bench press seriously in about a year. I've been stuck doing machine presses and cable work for chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
UGL or one of the online places like TRTNation?
I have really not read up on HGH but have heard some hype. What is it really supposed do for you? Sounds like you guys have done your homework.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:09 PM   #337
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink View Post
I have really not read up on HGH but have heard some hype. What is it really supposed do for you? Sounds like you guys have done your homework.
Increased cellular turnover, so you're going to heal faster, recover from exercise faster, skin will rejuvenate and tighten, and tissues like tendons heal better

It also bumps thyroid conversion and it liberates fatty acids, so fat loss occurs

Conversion to IGF 1 leads to creation of new muscle cells

Supposedly it increases cognitive function (through methods I'm not familiar with)

There are also side effects, of course, but at the dose I'm going to use they typically aren't serious (high blood sugar is the most common and detrimental, maybe some water retention and possible carpal tunnel)

Last edited by loochy; 12-01-2023 at 09:49 PM..
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:38 AM   #338
Veteran

Quote:
I'm 8-12 with a pause at the bottom and a hard suqeeze at the top. This may not seem high rep to you, but in the past I was mostly in the 4-6 rep range and I wasn't suqeezing. The squeezing and flexing makes light weight seem heavy as hell.

I do a 4 day split:
Chest and shoulders (side and front delts)
Back, rear delts, and traps
Arms
Legs
Rest day whenever I feel like I need a rest day or when something inevitably comes up

I'll typically pick 3 exercises per body area- almost always 1 big compound exercise and 2 isolations. I'll do a few feeler sets to get warmed up and primed for the real working sets, then it's usually 2 sets to failure. The last set I'll often do a drop set or a rest pause or something like that. Leg day is a little different in that I'll pick 2 big compound movements (squat, hack, leg press, lunges, bulgarian split sqats) and I always do curls and extensions. Sometimes I'll throw in sissy squats or super high rep slant board goblet squats as a finisher.

After the failure sets, I'll flex hard and hold it for 20 seconds. I generally rest about 1:30 between sets unless it's one of the taxing compound exercise like BB rows, squats, or lunges.
Dude, that’s good stuff! Thanks so much for the information. I never thought about the post set flexing. I’m definitely going to give this complete workout a go.
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-02-2023, 09:11 AM   #339
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
I'm going to start long term hgh tomorrow. I have enough for 4iu daily for a year. I'm excited about the healing benefits. We'll see how long it takes to start seeing changes in old nagging injuries and skin improvement. In particular, I'm interested in what it can do (if anything) for my shoulders. I haven't been able to bench press seriously in about a year. I've been stuck doing machine presses and cable work for chest.
Where are you finding the HGH? Doctor prescribed?
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-02-2023, 09:27 AM   #340
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
Where are you finding the HGH? Doctor prescribed?

LOL, hell no. Do I look rich like Scho?

I buy it from China direct from the pharm manufacturer. And even then it's still pretty expensive.

Last edited by loochy; 12-02-2023 at 09:35 AM..
Old 12-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #341
Mod Team

Quote:
LOL, hell no. Do I look rich like Scho?

I buy it from China direct from the pharm manufacturer. And even then it's still pretty expensive.
What will be your yearly cost?

Feel free to post this publicly here so you can flex your income at the same time.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:47 AM   #342
Inmem 2.0

Anyone used a meal prep company? Yay or nay?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 01:42 PM   #343
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Meal prep yourself every Sunday and save 75% from what they charge for a protein and side.

Chicken breast and rice/veggies is quick, easy and cheap to do.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 01:52 PM   #344
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Meal prep yourself every Sunday and save 75% from what they charge for a protein and side.

Chicken breast and rice/veggies is quick, easy and cheap to do.

Yeah, diy is the way to go, unless you’re just into giving $$$ away. Lots of simple, low cost, tasty recipes out there these days.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:18 PM   #345
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
I use vertical diet. Yeah, it's expensive,but it's nice to have some tastier things that I don't have to make for myself. I don't eat exclusively from the prepped meals, of course. I do some of my own too. Every Sunday I make 2 eye of round roasts in the instapot, cubed them, split them into 6 oz servings,and put them in the freezer. I've been doing kalua pig lately, too.