Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:06 PM   #48556
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I know this is like my 4th or 5th pandemic that wiped out a million people in record time and shut down all the countries. How about you?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:24 PM   #48557
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
**** yourself Joe
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #48558
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I know this is like my 4th or 5th pandemic that wiped out a million people in record time and shut down all the countries. How about you?
Poverty wipes out millions globally every year. Where's the outcry?

I mean, it seems to me the difference here is that regular people like here can't "catch" poverty but they absolutely can catch COVID.

It's personal. The altruism is pretty fake. Not saying you specifically but I'd be willing to be there's several right here in this thread.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #48559
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
**** yourself Joe
Yeah, once I get that vaccine, I'm not wearing a mask. LOL
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #48560
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
false choice. You gave money and your time to help the homeless. What’s a matter with you? You don’t care about kids with cancer?

2,403 died in Pearl Harbor:
"A day that will live in infamy."

2,977 died on September 11th:
"Never forget."

2,885 Americans died yesterday from COVID
Guess I missed whatever day it was in school about that time in history a novel virus was wantonly released unto the world as a deliberate act in order to achieve a goal.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #48561
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Your really old.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:06 PM   #48562
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I don't see people here filling up threads with literally 1000's of posts about kids with cancer.

So yeah, it is a false choice.

There are DEFINITELY people here in this thread that care way more about COVID than any other human tragedy, as evidenced by their participation.
The tragedy with COVID is that the country could have both had fewer deaths and less economic damage if people had collectively behaved in a manner that reduced the spread and if the powers that be had done things differently.

There is nothing comparable that can be done to prevent kids from getting cancer.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:36 PM   #48563
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Your really old.
Because he took proper precautions in all of those pandemics.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:39 PM   #48564
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
The tragedy with COVID is that the country could have both had fewer deaths and less economic damage if people had collectively behaved in a manner that reduced the spread and if the powers that be had done things differently.
Can you elaborate?
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:25 AM   #48565
In Search of a Life

A friend of my wife is in the hospital for at least 5 days needing blood thinners. Late 30s

Dry heaving, unable to keep anything down, and the blood is clotting.

Apperently, we are starting to see young adults die from covid because of blood clots and they are starting blood thinners as a regular treatment.
Loneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-04-2020, 06:34 AM   #48566
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post
A friend of my wife is in the hospital for at least 5 days needing blood thinners. Late 30s

Dry heaving, unable to keep anything down, and the blood is clotting.

Apperently, we are starting to see young adults die from covid because of blood clots and they are starting blood thinners as a regular treatment.
Coagulopathies have been an unfortunate issue for many seriously ill COVID patients, and microvascular thrombosis has been indicated as a precipitating factor for respiratory failure among patients that die. All admitted patients should at the very least receive prophylactic doses of low molecular weight heparins (like enoxaparin) if they don't have a contraindication.

Those that demonstrate VTE/PE will need therapeutic doses and will likely be at increased risk of thrombosis for several weeks/months after discharge.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:36 AM   #48567
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Guess I missed whatever day it was in school about that time in history a novel virus was wantonly released unto the world as a deliberate act in order to achieve a goal.
All I know is that once I am fully vaccinated I am going to a Chinese buffet and I am going to wantonly release some wontons into my gullet.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:14 AM   #48568
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Coagulopathies have been an unfortunate issue for many seriously ill COVID patients, and microvascular thrombosis has been indicated as a precipitating factor for respiratory failure among patients that die. All admitted patients should at the very least receive prophylactic doses of low molecular weight heparins (like enoxaparin) if they don't have a contraindication.

Those that demonstrate VTE/PE will need therapeutic doses and will likely be at increased risk of thrombosis for several weeks/months after discharge.
Thanks for explaining it using the right words I know my wife said but I am unable to remember or spell.

/she does disability determination so is more use than me to using the jargon
Loneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-04-2020, 07:14 AM   #48569
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
All I know is that once I am fully vaccinated I am going to a Chinese buffet and I am going to wantonly release some wontons into my gullet.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #48570
MVP

Quote:

What a horrifying thought that is, to be under 40 and receiving heparin because of this ****ed up virus.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.