Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-29-2020, 01:17 PM  
Banned

Unpopular opinion thread

Anything goes.

I’ll start with -

It’s okay to sit on a public toilet seat bear ass depending on where you are located - namely a three star or above hotel.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #226
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady View Post
I hate Trump as a person. I wouldn't let my daughter date him, marry him, or just have random sex with him. He's a lousy human being, insecure, and a grotesque bully.

That said, I agree with many things the administration has attempted to do in policies, like stronger immigration rules, handling of refugees (outside of caging children. Yes, I know Obama did it too, but I didn't know he did it or I would have been very angry at him as well), NAFTA negotiations and the like.

So that makes me unpopular in both left and right circles...
Aside from the myriad other formulations of liberal -v- conservative perspectives that get muddled around social discourse, the current era highlights another axis of differentiation.

Whether you tend to process through emotion or through idea. And I don't mean to ascribe any value judgments on either.

For some, ideological aims are secondary to emotional calm. The decisions on government policy aren't quite as important as a feeling of comfort and belonging and shared values.

And for others, emotional comfort is secondary to ideological coherence. Our government leaders may be the most loyal trustworthy, brave, clean and reverent among us, but it doesn't matter if they are proposing and enacting wrongheaded policy.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #227
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Racing is not a sport.

Disclaimer-Not like I care-but this was a common theme on a sports call in show over 20 years ago. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Yes it is. Does somebody win? Is there competition? Are the results in the Sports section. Team PENSKE?
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:30 PM   #228
Veteran

Quote:
Racing is not a sport.

Disclaimer-Not like I care-but this was a common theme on a sports call in show over 20 years ago. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Can we add drivers are not athletes?
F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.F150 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #229
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Can we add drivers are not athletes?
No
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:45 PM   #230
I got Rice cookin in the micro

the office is too true to be funny. Especially with dumbass bosses
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #231
Veteran

Quote:
Racing is not a sport.

Depends upon the level. If you watch any Formula 1, those guys have to be in incredible shape to withstand the G forces on their body and to operate the vehicles. With no power-assisted anything, I understand it takes about 80 lbs pressure to operate the brakes on those cars. The reaction times necessary are inhuman. My understanding is that the 2 hardest things in sports, or competitions if you prefer, are hitting a baseball and operating a formula 1 car at full speed.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #232
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Depends upon the level. If you watch any Formula 1, those guys have to be in incredible shape to withstand the G forces on their body and to operate the vehicles. With no power-assisted anything, I understand it takes about 80 lbs pressure to operate the brakes on those cars. The reaction times necessary are inhuman. My understanding is that the 2 hardest things in sports, or competitions if you prefer, are hitting a baseball and operating a formula 1 car at full speed.
Maybe before they went to the paddle shifter on the steering wheel.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #233
Veteran

I’ll give a widely unpopular opinion today: in the nature/nurture battle, nature has clearly won.

We are seeing so many issues - conduct, intelligence, health, morality, personal philosophy - are largely genetic. It may be that genes do not so much ‘cause’ as provide an extreme impetus in certain directions, but however you slice it, the more we study genetics, the more it is clear that nature has won the debate. Compared to Nature, Nurture contributes little to who we are and what we do.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #234
MVP

Quote:
I’ll give a widely unpopular opinion today: in the nature/nurture battle, nature has clearly won.

We are seeing so many issues - conduct, intelligence, health, morality, personal philosophy - are largely genetic. It may be that genes do not so much ‘cause’ as provide an extreme impetus in certain directions, but however you slice it, the more we study genetics, the more it is clear that nature has won the debate. Compared to Nature, Nurture contributes little to who we are and what we do.
You could say that F1 "Nurtured" the paddle shifter
Old 03-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #235
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
You could say that F1 "Nurtured" the paddle shifter
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #236
Banned

Miracle Whip > Mayonaise
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:04 PM   #237
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Miracle Whip > Mayonaise
Cool Whip!
Old 03-01-2020, 05:04 PM   #238
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 View Post
Maybe before they went to the paddle shifter on the steering wheel.
The paddle shifter merely sped up matters, enabling them to drive even faster. They still have no power steering, nor do they have power brakes. At speeds of 240+, they require reaction times that most people simply do not have. One unique aspect to F1 is their neck strength. The G-forces are so strong that the drivers have to strengthen their neck to keep their head straight in turns.

I view sports as requiring competition and athletic ability. The ability to process data that quickly and react is an athletic ability, as seen in hitting a baseball, passing a puck or scoring a basket. I know that there are fewer than 100 people in the world who could adequately drive and race a formula 1 car. Knowing the physical requirements and demands of the race, I have no problem calling racing a sport. Certainly if luge can be a sport at Winter Olympics, car racing can be a sport.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:12 PM   #239
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Miracle Whip > Mayonaise
****. You.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #240
Banned

Quote:
The paddle shifter merely sped up matters, enabling them to drive even faster. They still have no power steering, nor do they have power brakes. At speeds of 240+, they require reaction times that most people simply do not have. One unique aspect to F1 is their neck strength. The G-forces are so strong that the drivers have to strengthen their neck to keep their head straight in turns.

I view sports as requiring competition and athletic ability. The ability to process data that quickly and react is an athletic ability, as seen in hitting a baseball, passing a puck or scoring a basket. I know that there are fewer than 100 people in the world who could adequately drive and race a formula 1 car. Knowing the physical requirements and demands of the race, I have no problem calling racing a sport. Certainly if luge can be a sport at Winter Olympics, car racing can be a sport.
And a quick add- the mental and physical endurance you have to have is phenomenal
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.