Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:15 PM   #15931
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Okay, here's today. Chili.
Where's the brown sugar and peanut butter.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #15932
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Where's the brown sugar and peanut butter.
I do put a little regular sugar in it. Forgot to show that in the lineup.

Never heard of putting peanut butter in chili. I will taste test in a small batch and report back.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #15933
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
I do put a little regular sugar in it. Forgot to show that in the lineup.

Never heard of putting peanut butter in chili. I will taste test in a small batch and report back.
Wrong.

And wrong.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #15934
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Wrong.

And wrong.
The sugar helps with blending the flavors. I don't put enough in to make it taste sweet.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #15935
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Can see some serious bark on that one Buehler, looks tasty.
I knocked out a good one. I normally make my own rub and stick it on the smoker. But I was super lazy so I gave it a thin layer of BBQ sauce and used a premade rub from Rec Tec (screamin pig - it’s decent) and threw it on the rectec.

I wasn’t expecting a ton but it was freaking good. Moisture was there, bark was good. Flavor made it through. I was happy.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #15936
MVP

No rubber gloves for the razor blade sliced Habanaro or Ghost peppers?

Did you wear your cashmere sweater when making it? .

Quote:

IMG-1527-1

IMG-1529-1
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #15937
Mod Team

**** fancy plating or taking nice looking shots. I had a toddler yelling at me about his unicorn mac n cheese.

Turned out damn good though. Perfect cook for me at 133 with reverse sear in cast iron at 2 minutes a side. Threw some jumbo shrimp on the grill too. Broccoli spears for a side (thank you Green Giant).

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:17 PM   #15938
pie is never free

Quote:

IMG-1527-1

IMG-1529-1
Looks like everything you need for a solid batch, but the oyster sauce is throwing me off...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:19 PM   #15939
MVP

My local gas, convenience store makes freshly made pizza's to go. they will cook them in a brick oven or you can take and bake. I had been told about them but it's my first time.

They whipped this up with a hand tossed dough, white cream base with baby spinach, layer of fresh mozzarella, salami, and pickled sweet peppers followed with some white cheese chards. All for $4.95

I had them cut it in Sutara's squares so I could eat the corners on the way home but the box he put it in was sealed tighter than a USPS piorority mail box, so no cheating

The crust was barely burnt with the bottom having both a crunch and a chew, Flavors blended perfectly and 3 hours later it was still great cold.

I am going to hate this place.

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #15940
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
**** fancy plating or taking nice looking shots. I had a toddler yelling at me about his unicorn mac n cheese.

Turned out damn good though. Perfect cook for me at 133 with reverse sear in cast iron at 2 minutes a side. Threw some jumbo shrimp on the grill too. Broccoli spears for a side (thank you Green Giant).

That looks good and the steak is cooked perfectly for my tastes.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #15941
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
That looks good and the steak is cooked perfectly for my tastes.
What's great about Sous Vide is once I know the temperature and how it cooks the steak, I can cook it perfectly every time. Also, the cooking is perfectly even so every bite has the same great texture.

Tonight I think I found my temperature for that thickness/cut of steak.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:47 PM   #15942
Supporter

Well done (read: pefectly done) Lew.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:40 AM   #15943
Supporter

Quote:
The sugar helps with blending the flavors. I don't put enough in to make it taste sweet.
Sweet cuts the heat [so you can put more heat in ] it also delays the 'hit' of the heat a bit, like until after you've had a couple spoonfuls already. Same reason your hotter BBQ sauces are a little sweeter. Peanut butter, really it isn't a 'must' but if you use the natural stuff, it provides more body and a little more umami. . . . Think of it analogous to stock or marrow/collagen. Thickens and smoothes instead of a beefy/beany stew. And flavor-wise it just enhances the beans, because duh it is one. Naturally, if you use regular Jif or Peter Pan, cut back on the sugar a bit.

A couple tablespoons of each for a 2-quart batch is more than enough. though up to a 1/4-1/3 cup of peanut butter won't hurt anything.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 01-04-2021 at 01:51 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:44 AM   #15944
MVP

Looks great, I can't tell what cut that is but it's probably the strip side of the Porterhouse.

I don't eat $40 steaks very often but when I do, I go all in,

I dry brine, cold smoke (thinking about using a smoke maze and starting it in 3 places), Sous Vide to (<125), then almost throw it directly on a fire, slather with butter and crack some salt.

I started doing this after watching several video's where butts and briskets were smoked for a few hours then put into the dunk for 12+ hours. These guys used a torch to sear but on smaller pieces, a Habachi grill or the starter does the job too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
What's great about Sous Vide is once I know the temperature and how it cooks the steak, I can cook it perfectly every time. Also, the cooking is perfectly even so every bite has the same great texture.

Tonight I think I found my temperature for that thickness/cut of steak.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 01-04-2021 at 03:56 AM..
Old 01-04-2021, 07:50 PM   #15945
Veteran

Thawed and smoked the ribs from Christmas dinner's rib roast tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.