Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM  
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Should the Chiefs look at S Minkah Fitzpatrick as a CB?

So I've come around to the idea that we might need to address the CB situation sooner rather than later.

In that vein, I was wondering what we think of S Minkah Fitzpatrick of the Miami Dolphins.

6' 1" 200 lbs.

2018 stats
80 tackles
9 pass defended
2 INTs

I know, he's listed as a safety. But last year, out of 1,000 snaps played, he actually played over the slot and on the boundary in nearly 700 snaps. And when he was targeted, he allowed just a 51% completion rate, and a QB rating of only 49%. Okay, 49.7%.

And while he's still got 3 years to go on his contract, he looks cheap, at about 3-4 million/year.

Maybe a solid possibility?

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #151
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
You set a bar and don’t go over it here if you’re Veach. No need to panic like BOB and give up a stupid amount of compensation.

If it doesn’t work out, see what you have with Claiborne and explore PP.
Yes we don’t need a repeat of the raping Veach took to get Frank Clark
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:08 AM   #152
In Search of a Life

Why would we trade for him? I’m not gonna replace Thornhill. Had a decent year in tackles last year.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #153
u b illian

so my initial thought is we value minkah for his versatility, but it was the moving around at miami that allegedly has him annoyed or why he's fallen out of favor there, so why would he be happy with that prospect here?

maybe it was the LB roles that pushed him over the edge? surely our scheme would not involve him playing there, doesnt seem to fit at all. so perhaps that could be the difference.

if our staff sees value with him as a hybrid slot and outside CB, and FS, then i'd absolutely pay up to our 1st for him. that hybrid combination essentially replaces fuller next year and plugs gaps this year too. perhaps leaves cap$ for jonesy as well.
ct 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellict 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:12 AM   #154
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct View Post
so my initial thought is we value minkah for his versatility, but it was the moving around at miami that allegedly has him annoyed or why he's fallen out of favor there, so why would he be happy with that prospect here?

maybe it was the LB roles that pushed him over the edge? surely our scheme would not involve him playing there, doesnt seem to fit at all. so perhaps that could be the difference.

if our staff sees value with him as a hybrid slot and outside CB, and FS, then i'd absolutely pay up to our 1st for him. that hybrid combination essentially replaces fuller next year and plugs gaps this year too. perhaps leaves cap$ for jonesy as well.
I think he's saying some of that to get out of there, but I also don't think he's super thrilled to be playing in the box a lot either. He didn't really complain last year...it's likely he sees what's going on there and is like yea **** this.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #155
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I think he's saying some of that to get out of there, but I also don't think he's super thrilled to be playing in the box a lot either. He didn't really complain last year...it's likely he sees what's going on there and is like yea **** this.

I agree.

It's a violent sport in which any snap could be your last. Every season is brutal and long. Why would you want to waste a whole year of your life for a team intentionally tanking? I'd want out too. **** all that noise.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #156
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Why would we trade for him? I’m not gonna replace Thornhill. Had a decent year in tackles last year.
get ****ing woke mahomo hes not just a safety.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #157
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #158
I'll be back.

Quote:

The Chiefs aren't gonna have this guy playing LB.

I'd guess he'd be 90% CB snaps, with some looks at safety thrown in for certain situations.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #159
Hockey Town

Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #160
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
I’d flip them the 49ers pick in a heartbeat
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:42 AM   #161
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I’d flip them the 49ers pick in a heartbeat
They’ll get more than that.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #162
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
They’ll get more than that.
I would assume so. I was responding to that tweet though.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #163
Starter

Per PFF Fitzpatrick was the 7th best CB in passer rating allowed.

7. MINKAH FITZPATRICK, MIAMI DOLPHINS
Passer Rating Allowed: 69.0
Fitzpatrick is the second rookie to make this list, but he’s the first player to make it who didn’t primarily play outside corner in 2018. The Dolphins had Minkah line up all over the field this past season; he spent 379 snaps as a slot corner, 281 snaps out wide and another 261 snaps as either a free or box safety. In coverage, Minkah was especially effective out of the slot, where he ranked first among cornerbacks by allowing just a 53.4 passer rating.

Of course Xavien Howard was ranked 3rd.

3. XAVIEN HOWARD, MIAMI DOLPHINS
Passer Rating Allowed: 62.6
Howard took a nice step forward during his third NFL campaign, finishing the season with a 75.3 coverage grade which bested his previous best grade by nearly 12 points (63.6 in 2017). Howard allowed 29 catches on 57 targets for 469 yards and four touchdowns to go with his league-leading seven interceptions (and he missed four games at the end of the season). The former second-round pick held opposing signal-callers to a sub-100 passer rating when targeting him in coverage in 8 of 12 games last season
huskerdooz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.huskerdooz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.huskerdooz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.huskerdooz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.huskerdooz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.huskerdooz is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #164
Starter

Quote:

From what I’ve gathered reading about it, it seems like his frustration is a lack of structure and having a plan in place. We’d use his versatility to an advantage but with a plan in place. They had him learn 6 different positions in the offseason and it sounds like the plan would change even mid week at times. Rather than having him fill in for whoever goes down, we’d have a specific role for him. I think he’d be great in the slot about 60% of the time and see another 30% on the outside and 10% at safety maybe blitzing off the edge or playing close to the line in run support. Cut out the playing LB and deep safety and simplify things and I bet he’d be a lot happier.
ChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #165
Starter

If Minkah can hold down the slot and we give up our 1 for him, what would you think of using fuller to try to get Pat Peterson? Maybe fuller and a mid round pick like a 3 and get a 5th back from AZ.
ChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about