Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:23 PM   #10921
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Anybody got any ideas for beef shoulder steak? I got some of it in a meat package from our meat market.

My current plan is to sous vide it, sear it, and then cut into strips to go with pasta and Alfredo sauce.
7 bone chuck roast?

We used to marinate a 2"-2.5" piece and slow direct grill it til pink in the center (Fred Flintstone steak) or seared off and put in oven w/ wine as a standing rib roast with veggies.

I smoke it just like a brisket and have fooled many in blind tests.. (see chuck roll brisket).
It's a very versatile yet well worked muscle. I freeze and thin slice for Italian beef or Philly steak sammies or rollups. I have Sous Vide'd a piece of one 3X7" after a 3 hour smoke, quite tasty. but without breaking it down at 200+ degrees your going to have gristle and tough pieces. I am just trying Smoke/ SV/ Smoke or bake and have had some luck.

Hope that gives you a starting point.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #10922
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
had shrimp scampi pizza last night

I think a good drizzle of basil, garlic, red pepper flake infused olive oil would be perfect on that pizza. Looks great.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #10923
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. View Post
had shrimp scampi pizza last night

I saw that on the FB. Looked real good, man.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #10924
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Braise it. Don’t think you’re gonna like it in strips unless you sous vide it awhile. It’s usually a roast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
7 bone chuck roast?

We used to marinate a 2"-2.5" piece and slow direct grill it til pink in the center (Fred Flintstone steak) or seared off and put in oven w/ wine as a standing rib roast with veggies.

I smoke it just like a brisket and have fooled many in blind tests.. (see chuck roll brisket).
It's a very versatile yet well worked muscle. I freeze and thin slice for Italian beef or Philly steak sammies or rollups. I have Sous Vide'd a piece of one 3X7" after a 3 hour smoke, quite tasty. but without breaking it down at 200+ degrees your going to have gristle and tough pieces. I am just trying Smoke/ SV/ Smoke or bake and have had some luck.

Hope that gives you a starting point.
This thing is cut like a large steak. I hope I'm describing it correctly.

FMB, If I was going the beef route for fettuccine Alfredo, what cut of beef would you recommend?
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #10925
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:

FMB, If I was going the beef route for fettuccine Alfredo, what cut of beef would you recommend?

To slice like 1/4-1/2 inch slices? Flank or skirt. Maybe flat iron.

Last edited by Fire Me Boy!; 02-27-2018 at 05:33 PM..
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:32 PM   #10926
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Anybody got any ideas for beef shoulder steak? I got some of it in a meat package from our meat market.

My current plan is to sous vide it, sear it, and then cut into strips to go with pasta and Alfredo sauce.
The whole clod?

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #10927
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Ahhh, not so fast. You can get a smoke ring with no smoke, smoke, covered in paper, etc. It's not the smoke, and it's not the rub that keeps it out. Read this little experiment. If the CO and NO can penetrate paper and hepa filters, then they can penetrate rub, which once on the meat, will become moist. The smoke ring is a bit of a myth. Hell, look at your hamburgers off of a charcoal grill next time. They will have a smoke ring, albeit thin, and they might have only been on there for a few minutes.

https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...moke-necessary
I knew about the article but when I put rub on one piece of meat and let it sit overnight then dust it again. The piece I rubbed twice has a lot, I mean faint, less smoke ring. Everytime. But I like the ghost pepper to get into the meat not on it. And it still tastes great. Why because the gases don't get to the meat, the flavor from the smoke and the rub do.

I call a faint ring a "cook" ring (not a cock) and as long as its fuel being burnt, you should get it, but because there are no gases in an electric smoker or oven and it's just making heat you won't...

Meathead is the same person who said a good way to assure you don't get a "good" smoke ring is to over apply rub by blocking the gases from the myoglobin...

So I am sticking with what I said "Too much rub get no smoke ring Fact" 1/8" is for cigars.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #10928
MVP

Quote:

Does it have a bone like a butt roast?

7 bone chuck roast

Shoulder clod roast cross

Chuck roll cross

Last edited by cooper barrett; 02-27-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #10929
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
The whole clod?

FYI A chuck roll is a different piece of meat than a clod
Old 02-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #10930

Quote:
FYI A chuck roll is a different piece of meat than a clod
So? Tell us more Mister master mechanic, James Dean bro, master butcher, and all-'round "most interesting man in the world" (in your own mind)...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #10931
MVP

Hey I'm seem to be the only one who has ever mentioned a chuck roll, I have never cooked a clod or bought one but I did know what it was. Sorry If I offended you by posting a pic of a cross of a clod and a chuck roll and pointing out that they were 2 different pieces of muscle. Since together are referred to a beef shoulder or chuck. I honestly think I hit a nerve... I'm sorry. Kleenex?

I was politely giving you the same shit I get when I Google something, and post a picture of something. Dish it out.....

I am sorry that I have lived a good life, traveled a lot, met a lot of people. Had lots of experiences I seem to have just fallen into.

Next time I will just sat that the guy who died in that car was from a small town in IN that my friends company was started in. That guy was known to have worked there cleaning the shop. Would that make you happy?

You really should get out there and meet some people. Looking back, You will wish you did before some ****ing smart ass on an Internet board starts busting your nuts over a story that was shared.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #10932

Quote:
Hey I'm seem to be the only one who has ever mentioned a chuck roll, I have never cooked a clod or bought one but I did know what it was. Sorry If I offended you by posting a pic of a cross of a clod and a chuck roll and pointing out that they were 2 different pieces of muscle. Since together are referred to a beef shoulder or chuck. I honestly think I hit a nerve... I'm sorry. Kleenex?

I was politely giving you the same shit I get when I Google something, and post a picture of something. Dish it out.....

I am sorry that I have lived a good life, traveled a lot, met a lot of people. Had lots of experiences I seem to have just fallen into.

Next time I will just sat that the guy who died in that car was from a small town in IN that my friends company was started in. That guy was known to have worked there cleaning the shop. Would that make you happy?

You really should get out there and meet some people. Looking back, You will wish you did before some ****ing smart ass on an Internet board starts busting your nuts over a story that was shared.
I'm not offended, but I recommend you do a clod, they're freaking AMAZING, and feed a large gathering. I used to smoke/grill them for my older son's baseball team, and they were a favorite to say the least. And affordable..
Old 02-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #10933
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I'm not offended, but I recommend you do a clod, they're freaking AMAZING, and feed a large gathering. I used to smoke/grill them for my older son's baseball team, and they were a favorite to say the least. And affordable..
Smaller too when trimmed, I usually get a whole roll and have then split it into 2 thin pieces, then trim it to made it uniform tossing whats left in the crock pot with veggies and creme of shroom soup with cardboard* on top...

*I put the biscuits in the oven cause mama don't like chewy goowy biscuits or stuffing....
Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #10934
Mostly Ignored

Still trying to decide what to do with that shoulder steak. For the time being, I took FMB's advice and bought a flat iron steak to make steak fettuccine alfredo. I'm surprised at how well it turned out for my first time making alfredo sauce from scratch.

The sous vide is really turning out to be a spectacular tool. I put the flat iron in the water bath for three hours at 128 degrees, and then seared it over the stove. We don't have a cast iron, so I had to use a regular pan. It turned out great, but I want to still get a cast iron pan.

The wife and kid put broccoli in theirs, but I ate my broccoli separately....didnt want no damn vegetable ruining my delicious Alfredo sauce.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #10935
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Still trying to decide what to do with that shoulder steak. For the time being, I took FMB's advice and bought a flat iron steak to make steak fettuccine alfredo. I'm surprised at how well it turned out for my first time making alfredo sauce from scratch.

The sous vide is really turning out to be a spectacular tool. I put the flat iron in the water bath for three hours at 128 degrees, and then seared it over the stove. We don't have a cast iron, so I had to use a regular pan. It turned out great, but I want to still get a cast iron pan.

The wife and kid put broccoli in theirs, but I ate my broccoli separately....didnt want no damn vegetable ruining my delicious Alfredo sauce.

I HIGHLY recommend this alfredo sauce. It’s hands down the best I’ve had. You gotta try it.

2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
Salt and white pepper to taste
1 dash garlic salt
3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.