Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 08:07 AM  
MVP

Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"

What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:32 PM   #421
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
You missed it. Big time stuff. New parking deck with a party field and more suites and clubs for VIPs
**** it, if there's no dome they're fighting the future.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM   #422
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Um. Eat my ass. My family has been in KC since it's founding for Christ's sake.
The question still stands, how much money and civic recognition do these business bring to the city and region? I'd like some numbers, but assume it is substantial.

Anyway, I love all the associate degree libertarians that come out of the woodwork for a ****ing extension of a 15 year old 5/8th a cent tax.
Lmao, yeah I love it. Bitching about something that will cost most people between $100-$200 a year. It's an incredibly insignificant amount of money and it's not a new tax. It's not just Jackson county residents paying for it either. It's anyone that shops there.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 06:28 PM   #423
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Lmao, yeah I love it. Bitching about something that will cost most people between $100-$200 a year. It's an incredibly insignificant amount of money and it's not a new tax. It's not just Jackson county residents paying for it either. It's anyone that shops there.
That's loyalist.
vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.vonBobo < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:48 PM   #424
MVP

I always find it funny when the hipsters and artsy folk try and act like sports teams are some money pit that take from the city and give nothing back.

Do people realize how much impact the Chiefs run has had on the perception and national image of Kansas City? It’s absolutely MASSIVE and that is hard to put a value on. Not to mention things that are almost impossible to quantify in dollars and cents such as civic pride and community morale.

Jeopardizing the future existence of these sports teams because “the crossroads is a thriving district with cool sushi restaurants and trendy bars and we have to save those” is absolutely idiotic.

Just because you aren’t personally a sports fan and don’t have a use for the teams do not mean they aren’t hugely important to the community as a whole.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:52 PM   #425
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
I always find it funny when the hipsters and artsy folk try and act like sports teams are some money pit that take from the city and give nothing back.

Do people realize how much impact the Chiefs run has had on the perception and national image of Kansas City? It’s absolutely MASSIVE and that is hard to put a value on. Not to mention things that are almost impossible to quantify in dollars and cents such as civic pride and community morale.

Jeopardizing the future existence of these sports teams because “the crossroads is a thriving district with cool sushi restaurants and trendy bars and we have to save those” is absolutely idiotic.

Just because you aren’t personally a sports fan and don’t have a use for the teams do not mean they aren’t hugely important to the community as a whole.
They aren't jeopardizing anything and there's numerous economic reports that say your post is wrong
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:11 PM   #426
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
They aren't jeopardizing anything and there's numerous economic reports that say your post is wrong
Yeah sorry I don’t subscribe to those reports.

I know what economists say but there are intangible things that sports brings to a community that are extremely valuable that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.

If you want to look at it through that lense then that is certainly a legitimate perspective if you’re only interested in the financial aspect of it.

Also the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere but I don’t know why anyone thinks the Royals aren’t gone without a new ballpark because they are.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 07:28 PM   #427
"You like to drink?"

Quote:

There's no fiscal benefit to these publicly funded stadiums.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:32 PM   #428
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
Can't think of one corporate chain surrounding Petco Park.......matter of fact, the one I can recall (tilted kilt) went out of business.

plenty of small businesses around too.
Been to Gaslamp a lot... only one I can think of is Fogo de Chao...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:36 PM   #429
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModSocks View Post
The KC situation reminds me a bit of the SD situation.

Whack ass Padres that have never won shit ever got a bitchin' new stadium in the heart of downtown San Diego, Chargers got the middle finger.
Neither did the Chargers. But from my understanding the Spanos family did their best to destroy any and all goodwill with the city, hence the middle finger. You live there, so you probably know better but that's what I always heard.

Last edited by tredadda; 03-27-2024 at 08:03 PM..
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 03-27-2024, 07:39 PM   #430
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Also the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere but I don’t know why anyone thinks the Royals aren’t gone without a new ballpark because they are.
Battered wife fan syndrome.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:48 PM   #431
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Battered wife fan syndrome.
The Royals are gone without a new stadium. This is just reality.

Whether you think they should pay for it is one thing, but they aren't staying at the K and if they don't get a new one here then they will get one somewhere else.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:49 PM   #432
Ain't no relax!

We'll see....

How will Royals manage parking for 38,000 fans in KC Crossroads? Architects detail plan

[...]

HOW WOULD PARKING WORK AT A NEW ROYALS STADIUM?
While parking spaces are privately owned in the area of the proposed stadium, the developers say they are working on a plan that would include using some of these spaces as prepaid parking zones, similar to how parking is at Kauffman Stadium.

Jeff McKerrow, a senior transportation engineer with Kimley-Horn, said an app similar to Park KC app could be developed so that fans could pre-purchase parking spots in a zone ahead of Royals games.

The Royals would be looking to negotiate rates with private lot owners, said Sarah Dempster, Populous senior architect. She said that they would also be working with the city to establish how many spots they are willing to sell for event days.

“Certain lot owners may prefer to say ‘No we are going to keep all of our spots, this is my private lot,’ and that is certainly one approach they could take,” Dempster said. “But I know the Royals are interested in having those conversations so their patrons are taken care of and we are able to guarantee a certain number of spots.”

They are also looking into creating an integrated operations center to monitor downtown traffic during game days, McKerrow said. The center would address traffic and parking needs when there are multiple events happening downtown and in the Crossroads, like a concert at the T-Mobile Center or the First Fridays every month.

An integrated operations center is used at other developments Kimley-Horn helped plan, like U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, where the Minnesota Vikings play.

“We’ve worked in other communities where we’ve developed a playbook,” McKerrow said. “If we have these different activities going on, we’re going to shift our traffic or parking management to adjust for those and plan for those moving forward.”

The plan would include the prepaid parking zones and protecting street parking and small parking lots for local businesses.

HOW MANY PARKING SPOTS WILL FANS NEED ON GAMEDAYS?
McKerrow said the Royals will build 1,500 parking spots with the stadium for fans. He expects a typical ballgame to generate an additional 7,500 cars, which would park in one of the 40,000 parking spots within a 20-minute walk of the proposed ballpark location.

They plan for about 70% of fans to drive, 10% to take the streetcar or bus, 10% to use rideshare, and the other 10% to walk, bike or scooter to the stadium.

Depending on the day of the game, a slideshow shared at the conference showed how many spots would be needed for the planned 38,000-capacity stadium.

A weekday game would require at least 8,900 spaces, while a weekend game would require 8,300 spaces. Based on the developer’s study, they anticipate three fans per car attending weekday games, and 3.2 fans per car coming to a weekend game.

So, on a given night, the Royals could use anywhere between 6,800 and 7,400 parking spaces that are already built in the area, according to the presentation.

[...]
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:51 PM   #433
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
There's no fiscal benefit to these publicly funded stadiums.
Ok.

I didn't argue that. There's benefits to having the teams though and the teams won't be here without the stadiums.

I won't fight anyone who claims that the owners should pay for their own stadiums. Unfortunately in the world we live in, either Jackson County pays for it or some other county in some other city will pay for it.

If you don't want to pay the tax then more power to you and that's your right as a citizen to vote that way. You just also have to consider when you're voting that way how much the Kansas City Royals being the Kansas City Royals and not, say, the Nashville Royals means to you.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:58 PM   #434
Special Teams ACE!!!

The Bills could win the next four Super Bowls and Buffalo would still be an economically depressed town with almost zero hope of ever being revived back into a thriving metropolitan area.

Kansas City will either thrive or decline irrespective of a downtown sports team and whether or not it's a successful franchise.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 08:14 PM   #435
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Yeah sorry I don’t subscribe to those reports.

I know what economists say but there are intangible things that sports brings to a community that are extremely valuable that can’t be measured in dollars and cents.

If you want to look at it through that lense then that is certainly a legitimate perspective if you’re only interested in the financial aspect of it.

All this round will do is bring the Royals back to the table with a more detailed plan next year
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.