Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM   Topic Starter
SuperChiefs

LNBS: Most underated bands, who ya got

There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
You Sweetie!

Sponge
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
You Sweetie!

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachief58 View Post
There is a ton of really good music out there that goes unappreciated by most people because they stick to a certain genre. Here is your chance to enlighten us all by turning us on to your favorite lesser known bands.

Here's a few of mine

Blind Mellon: Sleepy house, Change

The Black Crows: Wiser Time, She Gave Good Sunflower

Theory of a deadman: All or nothing, Wait for me
Huge Crowes fan. Their music is definitely at the core of the soundtrack of my life...
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #5
MVP

The Guess Who

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

The MC5
penchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-16-2018, 09:10 PM   #6
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by penchief View Post
The Guess Who

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

The MC5
The 1st three Fleetwood Mac albums are killer. Peter Green is one of my favorites. Mike Bloomfield as well.
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #7
pie is never free

If we were back in the heyday of Myspace, I'd have at least two dozen posts for you... but the extent of my new music repetoire would probably rest here, with Greta Van Fleet

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
If we were back in the heyday of Myspace, I'd have at least two dozen posts for you... but the extent of my new music repetoire would probably rest here, with Greta Van Fleet

I've become a big fan of these guys, their sound is very Led Zeppelin-y. The lead singer has uncanny resemblance to Robert Plant in his vocals.

Their newest album is much better than their last from a technical perspective, the lead guitar is clearly trying to capture his inner Jimmy Page.
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #9
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornstock View Post
I've become a big fan of these guys, their sound is very Led Zeppelin-y. The lead singer has uncanny resemblance to Robert Plant in his vocals.

Their newest album is much better than their last from a technical perspective, the lead guitar is clearly trying to capture his inner Jimmy Page.
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure

The coolest part isnt that they're doing it, its that there is still an audience for great rock like that... it gives me faith in our youngsters
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure
I was at the gym the first time I heard them come on, I heard what sounded like the trademark Robert Plant wail. I dropped what I was doing to Shazam them, thinking it was a Zep song I had miraculously never heard before.

You're exactly right, their heart's in the right place. It's not like some cheap imitation. They're pulling from the same blues rock influences Zep did, and they do a great job. Just coincidence in the vocals
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:

The coolest part isnt that they're doing it, its that there is still an audience for great rock like that... it gives me faith in our youngsters
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
Old 02-16-2018, 09:14 PM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Huge Crowes fan. Their music is definitely at the core of the soundtrack of my life...
Ditto. Crowes are a remarkable band. Have you checked out Magpie Salute? I really like their sound.

Last edited by Oz_Chief; 02-16-2018 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Oz_Chief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #13
MVP

The Mermen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSrAqghnmpI
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #14
Spooky Action

Lesser Knowns:
For 70's era hard rock, Montrose.
For Blues, Junior Kimbrough
Singer Songwriter, Nick Drake
For folk-rock, The Pentangle and Fotheringay (getting out there now..)
2000s era rock, The Black Keys
Favorite female indy type, Cat Power.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #15
MVP

Y&T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhxex1fprJk
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote