Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #2641
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
That's the shits.

Any idea what went wrong? Not that I'm going to try to do it.
Not really. The red pepper was too much, and I think the vinegar might have been too much.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:32 PM   #2642
I like Pie!

Salmon patty, mac & cheese and ****ing peas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0011 (2).jpg
Views:	385
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	112494  
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:20 PM   #2643
Gimme My Berries Back!

Never had a salmon patty before. What's in it, especially for seasonings? I have a friend who swears by marjoram in a salmon patty.

I'm going to make steak au poivre tomorrow. It's a trial run because it looks like a dish that'd be good for a couple I want to invite over at some point. Never made it before.

I thought I saw mention of this dish somewhere today. I got curious and looked it up. It looks like the perfect meal for an elegant dinner party.

I think potatoes dauphinoise would go well but the filet is supposed to be the center piece. Not that I will make these tommorrow but for later. Another ideas for sides or a special potato dish.

Potatoes Anna, Hasselbacks better?
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:21 AM   #2644
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Never had a salmon patty before. What's in it, especially for seasonings? I have a friend who swears by marjoram in a salmon patty.

I'm going to make steak au poivre tomorrow. It's a trial run because it looks like a dish that'd be good for a couple I want to invite over at some point. Never made it before.

I thought I saw mention of this dish somewhere today. I got curious and looked it up. It looks like the perfect meal for an elegant dinner party.

I think potatoes dauphinoise would go well but the filet is supposed to be the center piece. Not that I will make these tommorrow but for later. Another ideas for sides or a special potato dish.

Potatoes Anna, Hasselbacks better?

Personally, I'd do the steak au poivre with a great KC strip (prime if you can find it), but filet is probably not in my top 5 steaks. I just think they're terribly overpriced and the only thing they really bring to the table is tenderness.

As for potatoes, without looking up what those are you mentioned, a well made potato galette is always elegant and tasty.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #2645
Gimme My Berries Back!

Interesting.

I googled potato recipes and saw roasted baby Yukons with wild mushrooms which looked like a good match for the steak, especially since this will be in the fall.

I have some ideas for salad, appetizers and desserts but if anyone has ideas, I am all eyes. Would like to keep French if possible.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:07 AM   #2646
Consuming CP souls

Hungry Jack/ Buzz
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 AM   #2647
Gimme My Berries Back!

FMB,
Don't know if I can get a KC strip (prime ) around here. Isn't that the same as a NY strip.

I suppose I could test it with a strip and a filet. I love both.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #2648
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
FMB,
Don't know if I can get a KC strip (prime ) around here. Isn't that the same as a NY strip.

I suppose I could test it with a strip and a filet. I love both.
Same thing. Even a good choice would be fine, but if you can get prime, that's obviously better. Do you have a Costco membership? They typically carry prime steaks.

I just think filet is a waste. It has almost no flavor of its own, so you're basically make a very tender steak with minimal flavor with a great sauce. I'd prefer to have a great sauce with a great steak. JMO.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #2649
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Same thing. Even a good choice would be fine, but if you can get prime, that's obviously better. Do you have a Costco membership? They typically carry prime steaks.
Yes I do. Their steaks are excellent too.

Quote:
I just think filet is a waste. It has almost no flavor of its own, so you're basically make a very tender steak with minimal flavor with a great sauce. I'd prefer to have a great sauce with a great steak. JMO.
I get ya'. It's just a lot of people do love a filet mignon tho' too. I have plenty of time to try it on both. I don't want to do a new recipe when having guests.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #2650
Gimme My Berries Back!

I want to do a seafood appetizer for a surf & turf approach. Thinking of mini-crab cakes. This is more American tho'. So any other ideas not too rich to kill appetites?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #2651
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Yes I do. Their steaks are excellent too.

I get ya'. It's just a lot of people do love a filet mignon tho' too. I have plenty of time to try it on both. I don't want to do a new recipe when having guests.
Completely understand and agree.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #2652
"Think BOOM!"

Baked halibut and rice. The boy's favorite, except for king crab.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #2653
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Baked halibut and rice. The boy's favorite, except for king crab.
I'll bet he'd love an awesome homemade pizza, though.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #2654
Consuming CP souls

Grilled shrimp. Can't go wrong.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:52 AM   #2655
Gimme My Berries Back!

Hmmm. Grilled shrimp and perhaps mini-crab cakes sound like good ideas.