Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #3376
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Tacos seems like a waste. It's the tenderest part of a ribeye; why would you turn that into a taco?
Well, it would make a hella good taco
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:29 PM   #3377
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
They're tied with twine. I tried looking inline quickly, but everything I've seen has them flat steaks. I like the idea of keeping them rolled like that.
Keep 'em coiled up, wrap 'em in bacon and grill them like a London Broil. Don't see how you could go wrong there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #3378
Cheat Death

Quote:
Tacos seems like a waste. It's the tenderest part of a ribeye; why would you turn that into a taco?
You posted every recipe has them looking like flank, a fairly common taco cut. How much you value or devalue a taco is you, ribeye tacos are certainly not uncommon.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #3379
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
You posted every recipe has them looking like flank, a fairly common taco cut. How much you value or devalue a taco is you, ribeye tacos are certainly not uncommon.

I mean looking like flank as in wide and flat.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #3380
Cheat Death

Quote:
I mean looking like flank as in wide and flat.
Right, a flat and wide cut.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #3381
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Right, a flat and wide cut.
Just like I would start with for tacos.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:07 PM   #3382
MVP

Quote:
Negative. Sounds like perfect partner for a tortilla, white onion, cilantro and lime.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #3383
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
Negative. Sounds like perfect partner for a tortilla, white onion, cilantro and lime.

Flank? Sirloin? Skirt? Sure. Chicken? Sure. Pork? Sure.

Ribeye is one of the best cuts out there, and specifically the ones at Costco are prime. There is exactly zero chance I **** it up by making it into a taco.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #3384
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
Just like I would start with for tacos.
I was half joking based on the taco thread, but yeah, with that much surface area a sear is a must for me. I'd also likely do a spice rub because that's the flavor profile I lean towards. So it would make sense to balance that spice with an avocado and citrus. Whether someone decides to wrap that in a tortilla is up to them, but the flavors are there.

If someone leans herbs, then by all means, prepare it accordingly.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:31 PM   #3385
MVP

Quote:
Flank? Sirloin? Skirt? Sure. Chicken? Sure. Pork? Sure.

Ribeye is one of the best cuts out there, and specifically the ones at Costco are prime. There is exactly zero chance I **** it up by making it into a taco.
It is only a cut of meat. I think you may be putting it on a pedestal somewhat.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #3386
Ultrabanned

I would throw it in a blender with some coconut milk and almonds and pulse until chunky.

Eat with a spoon.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #3387
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I would throw it in a blender with some coconut milk and almonds and pulse until chunky.

Eat with a spoon.

I knew an old lady that would have to puree her food. Keep good care of your teeth.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:54 PM   #3388
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
It is only a cut of meat. I think you may be putting it on a pedestal somewhat.

No, I just like to let good cuts of meat stand on their own. From a seasoning POV, I'm not sure this needs anything other than salt and pepper. Maybe a wine sauce to cut through the richness of the fat, or go Tuscan and just a big squeeze of lemon.

But hey, seriously, if you wanna make tacos out if ribeye, go for it. Just not something I'd do.

Last edited by Fire Me Boy!; 08-03-2016 at 07:05 PM..
Old 08-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #3389
MVP

Quote:
No, I just like to let good cuts of meat stand on their own. From a seasoning POV, I'm not sure this needs anything other than salt and pepper. Maybe a wine sauce to cut through the richness of the fat, or go Tuscan and just a big squeeze of lemon.

But hey, seriously, if you wanna make tacos out if ribeye, go for it. Just not something I'd do.
I can understand liking a cut to stand on it's own.

But saying it would be a waste in a taco isn't in the least bit accurate. You are strictly taking about personal preference.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #3390
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Toasted Ravioli pizza is interesting too

Like this?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0014 (3).jpg
Views:	359
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	112632  
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.