Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2010, 07:58 PM  
pie is never free

The Fishing Thread

Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #1381
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
The spot I've been fishing attracts the worst. People trash it, fish right on top of you, keep fish under length limits and over creel limits, snag game fish (big flatheads) and keep them.

A few years ago they shut the river down to fishing because all of the scummies wrecking it.
Kinda makes me miss Montana, lived there as a kid and used to hear the stories of how some local would hold your ass there at gunpoint until the law showed up for doing shit like that.

Guess its true across the US... just a whole bunch of scumbag leaches who follow no rules out there these days.

Its so sad.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #1382
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
 photo centipede_zpsuzfl74pj.jpg

photo damn spider_zpshdeeewoc.jpg

Centipedes Spiders Scorpions OH MY. More on those bastards later...

This was all on my first night at the lake and I got there late Monday night and stayed till Thursday afternoon. Tuesday and Wednesday was nothing but 30-50mph non stop wind.

Actually I was in Catfish heaven I was reeling in some nice Cats with my Bass Pro Shop "Cat Buster" They were biting on minnows like candy. Then Wednesday night they gourmet on shrimp.

I think I got stung by a scorpion or spider about 1am Thursday I felt something on me and I brushed it off then felt pain in my thumb and it still hurts and little swollen but I will be ok, it hasn't got any worse.

Had fun on my short 4 day vacation would do it all again, my worse day fishing is still better than my best day at work. Today my thumb hurt at work and all I want to do is go back to the lake.
 photo Stinger_zpshbzdp5sj.jpg

So I think it was one of these no good son of a bitches that stung my thumb last week at the lake. This is a Bastard Scorpion of the Buttface species. I took this pick the night before I got the stinger death pinch on my thumb.

Doesn't hurt as bad now but it did for several days.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #1383
pie is never free

Rub some dirt on it!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Rub some dirt on it!

Nah I just had a fish pucker up and made it all better lmao

photo Cats mouth_zpsqpteqtub.jpg

Not bad huh?

I came home with one catfish because the wind made it almost impossible to keep them fresh in the water with waves then two ****ing turtle assholes got ahold of my nice fish the last day I tried to save him. I HATE TURTLES!
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #1385

I haven't got to go to the lake near as much as I did last year. I feel like I got to cram all my fishing into a few days this summer and I'm really missing time out there. Very sad. Am hoping get more time but time escapes me.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #1386
pie is never free

Oh yeah, turtles have wrecked many days of fishing and stringers full of fish.

Little sonsabitches... The Enemy Below.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #1387

Quote:

photo Turtle Buster_zpsgztrh5ro.jpg

I know they are, thus I got me what I call Turtle Buster. **** them.

Damn I didn't take it down with me in the morning but I had it up at camp. Stupid me.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #1388
pie is never free

Quote:
 photo Turtle Buster_zpsgztrh5ro.jpg

I know they are, thus I got me what I call Turtle Buster. **** them.

Damn I didn't take it down with me in the morning but I had it up at camp. Stupid me.
"That's nawta knawf, THIS is a knawf!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #1389
Keepin it Real

Quote:

I was a young kid fishing with my dad. We had a stronger of catfish. We went to check on the stringer, and I'm not kidding, a bull snake had half the fish in its mouth.

The catfish got to live for a few more hours while the snake died fairly quick. I'll never forget that.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
I was a young kid fishing with my dad. We had a stronger of catfish. We went to check on the stringer, and I'm not kidding, a bull snake had half the fish in its mouth.

The catfish got to live for a few more hours while the snake died fairly quick. I'll never forget that.

Was that in Kansas? Jebus bull snakes get big! Then I've heard stories about them breading with rattlers and they end up being poisonous snakes with out rattles to scare you away. son of a
Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #1391
pie is never free

Quote:

awesome, would love to have seen that.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #1392
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Was that in Kansas? Jebus bull snakes get big! Then I've heard stories about them breading with rattlers and they end up being poisonous snakes with out rattles to scare you away. son of a
Yeah. The 60 acre Barber county lake. My hometown of Medicine Lodge surrounded the lake. Great walleye fishing if you had a boat, which we did. Cat fishing was damn good as well.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:55 PM   #1393

Quote:
Yeah. The 60 acre Barber county lake. My hometown of Medicine Lodge surrounded the lake. Great walleye fishing if you had a boat, which we did. Cat fishing was damn good as well.

I love Medicine Lodge area pretty country. Had great fishing experience growing up from a farmers pond he asked us to fish it because it was drying up. We didn't even need to use bate just threw out our hooks and reeled em in. We were trying not to catch fish but we had no limit to catch. We had a fish feast at my Uncle's.

I love that area of Kansas it is beautiful unlike the rest of the state. Been years since I've been that part I need to go back. Thanks for bringing up memories.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #1394
Keepin it Real

Quote:
I love Medicine Lodge area pretty country. Had great fishing experience growing up from a farmers pond he asked us to fish it because it was drying up. We didn't even need to use bate just threw out our hooks and reeled em in. We were trying not to catch fish but we had no limit to catch. We had a fish feast at my Uncle's.

I love that area of Kansas it is beautiful unlike the rest of the state. Been years since I've been that part I need to go back. Thanks for bringing up memories.
I haven't been there in a couple years. My dad and step mom usually visit us.

I bet you're talking about the gyp hills. That is a beautiful area. Flowerpot mountain was always cool to see. Supposedly it's haunted.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #1395
Keepin it Real

Speaking of Medicine Lodge. They are having their peace treaty pageant on September 25-27th. I think it happens every 3-4 years. It's a decent historical thing.