Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 AM  
Perpetual Mediocrity

****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****

Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #166
The Beast Inside Your Head

Basically a 2 team race at this point. Winner of Clips/Lakers takes it all and the Lakers have a huge advantage there with AD.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #167
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Interesting. Hoping to copy Kerr's success?

Stephen A threw a bitch fit and called it white privilege.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #168
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Man - I'll argue every time against the 'the NBA sucks crowd...'

But then there's shit like this:

Spoiler!

Flop, dueling flops, flop, brick.

That's with one minute left in a deciding game 7. And EVERYONE is just trying to get to the line instead of trying to actually play basketball.

Just wow.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #169
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Stephen A threw a bitch fit and called it white privilege.
I didn't realize Nash was a player development coach with GSW. Definitely trying to replicate Kerr's success.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #170
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Spoiler!

That's with one minute left in a deciding game 7. And EVERYONE is just trying to get to the line instead of trying to actually play basketball.

Just wow.
Yeah it was bad and I commented at the time that alot of flopping was happening. Glad the refs didn't reward them for that bs.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #171
Supporter

Quote:

Spoiler!

Just wow.
Yeah. I was complaining in here about it.

There are better games out there. Yeah. Barf.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:58 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah. I was complaining in here about it.

There are better games out there. Yeah. Barf.
Chris Paul's probably the easiest guy in the league to root against (non-Lebron division).

And Harden's only a little bit behind him.

Paul is the spiritual successor to Dwyane Wade and I couldn't stand that guy. That final they won (against Dallas?) with him just mindlessly bombing into the lane and waiting for the officials to bail him out (which they did) set basketball back 5 years.

And of course, guys like that are never willing to die by the sword. They expect every whistle and then bitch like schoolgirls if they don't get it or if a foul is called against them.

I cannot stand Chris Paul. The playoffs are better without him. Fortunately he's rarely in them for very long so it works out alright.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #173
The man you could post like.

76ers hiring Lue
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #174
Supporter

Quote:
Chris Paul's probably the easiest guy in the league to root against (non-Lebron division).

And Harden's only a little bit behind him.

Paul is the spiritual successor to Dwyane Wade and I couldn't stand that guy. That final they won (against Dallas?) with him just mindlessly bombing into the lane and waiting for the officials to bail him out (which they did) set basketball back 5 years.

And of course, guys like that are never willing to die by the sword. They expect every whistle and then bitch like schoolgirls if they don't get it or if a foul is called against them.

I cannot stand Chris Paul. The playoffs are better without him. Fortunately he's rarely in them for very long so it works out alright.
Hardin is worse IMO. That bullshit kickout thing he does makes my brain hurt. I spent a pile of time as a kid getting my lower body right on jump shots, which includes eliminating that very thing. It’s remarkable how much that little kick ****s your shot. I get that I’m not him - he’s ****ing remarkable. But he’s plenty willing to actively **** up his shot in order to maybe catch a tony bit of contact so he can flail and fall down.

And that’s before him just pounding the **** out of the ball so he can wait until the defender lays down for a nap so he can go by him.

Hardins the better player. Paul is the better watch IMO.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:29 PM   #175
Banned!

Quote:

Spoiler!

Just wow.
Yeah, that was a bad sequence.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Hardin is worse IMO. That bullshit kickout thing he does makes my brain hurt. I spent a pile of time as a kid getting my lower body right on jump shots, which includes eliminating that very thing. It’s remarkable how much that little kick ****s your shot. I get that I’m not him - he’s ****ing remarkable. But he’s plenty willing to actively **** up his shot in order to maybe catch a tony bit of contact so he can flail and fall down.

And that’s before him just pounding the **** out of the ball so he can wait until the defender lays down for a nap so he can go by him.

Hardins the better player. Paul is the better watch IMO.
They're both awful to watch. Hardin just doesn't seem to be such a crybaby bitch when he doesn't get the call (or when he's lobbying for one).

Maybe it's just the beard...
Old 09-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #177
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:

Spoiler!

Just wow.
It's because it is rewarded by the refs. You probably didn't see the Marcus Smart flop (which was also rewarded until a challenge) the other day but behold:

As I've maintained, the ability to sell the refs on calls has become an important skill in this league. Watch a Rockets game or a Celtics game and you'll see a lot of the offense is designed to try to get to the line even on jump shots.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #178
Perpetual Mediocrity

Steve Nash getting hired to be the first scapegoat for Durant and Kyrie when things go wrong there.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #179
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
It's because it is rewarded by the refs. You probably didn't see the Marcus Smart flop (which was also rewarded until a challenge) the other day but behold:

As I've maintained, the ability to sell the refs on calls has become an important skill in this league. Watch a Rockets game or a Celtics game and you'll see a lot of the offense is designed to try to get to the line even on jump shots.
Adopting the Eurotrash/Soccerization style of ball is the worst thing to happen to the NBA.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post

The Soccerification of the NBA continues.

And seriously - these games look like McDonalds All-American high school all-star games.

Shit, they look stranger than that.

All the crap on their jerseys that make them look out of balance and nothing like an NBA jersey, the empty stands.

I could be watching euro-league games and it wouldn't be much different.

The weird schedule/start times have something to do with ratings being down but man, the cognitive dissonance watching these games is just remarkable. It does not 'look' like an NBA game and that absolutely impacts the viewing experience.

This season just cannot end quickly enough.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote