Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6473
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6062
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6457
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6390
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #1666
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGator View Post
Need some tuning plates in it? Or was it hard to hold the whole thing at temp?
It’s an old Oklahoma Joe’s commercial smoker, so it has the tuning plate. Unfortunately one side is still generally about 50 to 70° hotter than the other although it gets better as the meat gets hot. It’s more of a pain just to keep rotating the meat for the first several hours
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #1667
MVP

By tuning plate, I'm assuming you mean the pull bar I can pull in or out that shuts to hole to the firebox lower end? This smoker also has a large tube that runs the length of the smoker. The tube has holes that gradually get larger as they go away from the firebox, thus, in theory, having more heat go to the farther end. I've been using this thing to feed the masses of people at our comps for years but never use it for meat we turn in because
1. it really smokes the meat more than I prefer
2. rotating meat on a hot smoker is a pain in the ass
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:50 PM   #1668
MVP

Looks great but why remove the fire again. I don't comprehend.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #1669
Cast Iron Jedi

Smoked a couple filets on the RecTec at 180 until the filets were to 130. Then cranked the RT and seared at 550. Good stuff.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:31 PM   #1670
Baba Ganoush

Smithfield bone-in pork shoulder. 15 more hours to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #1671
Indian Twitter

Nothing this weekend but for shit's and giggles I think I'm going to subscribe to this https://www.bbqbox.com/?sscid=51k3_jcz90this
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #1672
Ultrabanned

Got bored cooking on my gas grill and got myself an early Father's Day present.

Now if it would just stop ****ing raining for a few minutes I might get to break it out this weekend.

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:54 AM   #1673
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Got bored cooking on my gas grill and got myself an early Father's Day present.

Now if it would just stop ****ing raining for a few minutes I might get to break it out this weekend.

Did you run out of money after buying the performer and had to start drinking Busch Light?
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #1674
Custom User Title

3 racks, 2 chickens, pork butt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:00 AM   #1675
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Our penthouse deck is being pulled up tomorrow morning as part of a new roof going on our building. The closest entry point to the deck is off the master bedroom, so that's where I moved the green egg earlier today, lol. Having a new deck installed once the roof work is complete, so it's going to be super nice, but damn, I'm going to be sleeping in the waft of old, stale, bbq odors for the next week or so.
3 weeks with a smoker in the bedroom. For the ****ing love of god, please stop raining long enough so this job can get finished

I'm smoking vicariously through y'all this weekend.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #1676
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Did you run out of money after buying the performer and had to start drinking Busch Light?
Yup. Maybe I can grill some Bar-S hotdogs and Dollar General ribeyes.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:25 AM   #1677
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Yup. Maybe I can grill some Bar-S hotdogs and Dollar General ribeyes.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:40 PM   #1678
Cast Iron Jedi

Smoking some pork belly tomorrow . I haven't decided if I'm doing burnt ends or just plain smoked pork belly.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #1679
Veteran

Looking at the weather I think I can do my brisket this weekend. Might rain for part of the smoke but I think I can get it done.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #1680
Kara G!

We got ribs, Tri tip, chicken thighs, hot links & hot dogs for the kids! 3 days of bbq & then I’m fasting for a week 🤣
KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KChiefsQT must have mowed badgirl's lawn.