Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2024, 09:58 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Calipari to Arkansas?!?

WTF
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:08 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Do you really think Kentucky won’t use the portal with whatever new hire they bring in and won’t be able to lure other recruits to de-commit from wherever they initially were committed to?

Come on now.
Beginning your roster construction in April (or later) isn't exactly ideal.

Of course they'll end up with some decent players, but you just lost by far your best recruiter in many years, so I wouldn't expect a wealth of talent to fall into your lap as it has the last 15 years.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:14 AM   #32
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Beginning your roster construction in April (or later) isn't exactly ideal.

Of course they'll end up with some decent players, but you just lost by far your best recruiter in many years, so I wouldn't expect a wealth of talent to fall into your lap as it has the last 15 years.
No shit. But I don’t expect the team to have talent equivalent to DePaul either.

Chances are most of, if not all, his commits follow him to Arkansas and any player who was going to stay will transfer. Yeah, way less than ideal to build an entire roster in April,but so what?

Yes, ideally the next coach would make it to the second weekend or better year 1 (expecting a F4 or natty is insane), but it’s not about Year 1. It’s about Year 2 and the future.

I’m not sure Cal could make the F4 at Kentucky again given he pissed off a majority of the fanbase and the boosters along the way. I think it’s possible he could at Arkansas where he won’t face as much scrutiny.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:17 AM   #33
MVP

Did Kentucky reduce the buyout for him to go to Arkansas? I was hearing that they were giving him one more chance next year because the buyout on his contract would drop significantly.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:19 AM   #34
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
Did Kentucky reduce the buyout for him to go to Arkansas? I was hearing that they were giving him one more chance next year because the buyout on his contract would drop significantly.
No. It would cost UK $33 million to fire him. It costs Cal nothing to leave on his own.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:46 AM   #35
Starter

Arkansas? LOL

Squeal like a pig, Cal!
ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ThrobProng is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:50 AM   #36
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
NIL neutered the "blue bloods" a bit so it's funny as ****. That paying the players under the table through the shoe companies and bag men gap has been closed. T shirt fans all over Kentucky weep.
I think it's the opposite actually. Big name schools were always playing players. Now it's even EASIER. There is really no excuse to ever have a down year now because you can just reload in the portal. The blue bloods of the world can go out and get whoever they want. We paid HD like 1.5M this year.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:51 AM   #37
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
No. It would cost UK $33 million to fire him. It costs Cal nothing to leave on his own.
Do you think there was some behind the scene buy out? Cal goes to them and says look I'll leave but I want you to pay me 8 million of it and I'll take the Arky job so you can save some money.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:52 AM   #38
Inmem 2.0

Rams Fan lost
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:53 AM   #39
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
LOL WUT
Google it. It's real. At least the speculation about it is.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:55 AM   #40
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Do you think there was some behind the scene buy out? Cal goes to them and says look I'll leave but I want you to pay me 8 million of it and I'll take the Arky job so you can save some money.
No, as it’s for an in-conference school.

Now, if he went to a place like Ohio St. or USC, where he’d be making significantly less than what he will at Arkansas (which is a bit below his UK salary), I could see where the powers that be give him some $ on the way out. But he was never getting fired or leave without collecting the majority of $ he was owed. He took a slight paycut to go to Arkansas, but not substantial.

More shocked he left to stay in the SEC after having his AD publicly back him, with both doing a sit down interview together in Lexington, last week.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM   #41
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

I know we are talking about UK, they have had some down years, coaches before, so think of this tidbit. Anywhere Cal has been and left, UMass, Memphis, the programs never became/regain relevance again. A 3rd time charm would be a setting most CBB fans around the world would cherish!

Just saying .....
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:00 AM   #42
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
I know we are talking about UK, they have had some down years, coaches before, so think of this tidbit. Anywhere Cal has been and left, UMass, Memphis, the programs never became/regain relevance again. A 3rd time charm would be a setting most CBB fans around the world would cherish!

Just saying .....
You’re comparing a state school that had no success before Calipari and a mid-major to a Blue Blood.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:01 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Nothing I posted is untrue Bawled your eyes out for years about Cal "buying players"...until "shoe gate" happened
You realize we got in trouble for giving De Sousa money for an online class so he could become eligible. It wasn't the Adidas thing.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:13 AM   #44
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
You realize we got in trouble for giving De Sousa money for an online class so he could become eligible. It wasn't the Adidas thing.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM   #45
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I think it's the opposite actually. Big name schools were always playing players. Now it's even EASIER. There is really no excuse to ever have a down year now because you can just reload in the portal. The blue bloods of the world can go out and get whoever they want. We paid HD like 1.5M this year.
UConn is what you think the beakers are?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.