Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #2386
Suupraa Geniuuusss

$5,000? Going to be a race gun platform, I guess. Very few people are going to pay that kind of cash for a HD/SD gun.

I do like the extremely low bore axis though. I can imagine that's going to virtually eliminate muzzle flip.

Not sure I like the three-piece slide. Just asking for possible issues down the road.

Wonder if they're considering making one for the masses. Maybe around $600-$1,000 retail?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:38 PM   #2387
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
$5,000? Going to be a race gun platform, I guess. Very few people are going to pay that kind of cash for a HD/SD gun.

I do like the extremely low bore axis though. I can imagine that's going to virtually eliminate muzzle flip.

Not sure I like the three-piece slide. Just asking for possible issues down the road.

Wonder if they're considering making one for the masses. Maybe around $600-$1,000 retail?
Shit, when that finally hits the U.S. market it'll cost a lot more than that. They'll get gobbled up by resellers immediately and then show up on Gun Broker for twice that. And initially people will pay. It'll probably be years until they're available at anything approaching a reasonable price, and I doubt if "reasonable" will be anything short of two or three grand. Too rich for my blood, but I can dream.....
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #2388
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Came across this on YouTube just now. It's apparently not available in the U.S. yet, and when it is it will retail for around $5,000, but holy shit.....

All I can say is

GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #2389
Suupraa Geniuuusss

So I watched a couple other videos on this gun and it seems clear that it's a competition gun, not a SD/HD/combat weapon. And even when Laugo Arms tries to go into mass production, it will still be a high-end piece.

However, I'm relatively certain that Ruger, or S&W, or Glock, or some other manufacturer will reverse-engineer enough of this concept to introduce a $800-$1,500 version in a few years.

So all I have to do is figure out which two or three guns I won't need in four or five years, so I can sell them and buy the Alien clone in about 2027.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #2390
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
So I watched a couple other videos on this gun and it seems clear that it's a competition gun, not a SD/HD/combat weapon. And even when Laugo Arms tries to go into mass production, it will still be a high-end piece.

However, I'm relatively certain that Ruger, or S&W, or Glock, or some other manufacturer will reverse-engineer enough of this concept to introduce a $800-$1,500 version in a few years.

So all I have to do is figure out which two or three guns I won't need in four or five years, so I can sell them and buy the Alien clone in about 2027.
In the interim, if you need a newfangled expensive gun with a low bore axis, there's always the Hudson H9. Now that the hype has died down, they've dropped to around $900.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #2391
sorta mod-ish

Just made this purchase. Will pick it up next week.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #2392
Supporter

Got me a new range toy a few weeks ago. Pictured with stock grip v magpul grip.

Loving this gun.. low recoil even though its straight blowback, dead on accurate once sighted in with the sig romeo 5. shot out the entire center of the target without a single flyer.

really comfortable, really fun, like shooting it better than my AR. Even makes me want to see if i can get ahold of a Bren.

hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #2393
In my youth i pray to keep

Beto isn't gonna be happy with you.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #2394
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
Got me a new range toy a few weeks ago. Pictured with stock grip v magpul grip.

Loving this gun.. low recoil even though its straight blowback, dead on accurate once sighted in with the sig romeo 5. shot out the entire center of the target without a single flyer.

really comfortable, really fun, like shooting it better than my AR. Even makes me want to see if i can get ahold of a Bren.

Nice. I like that magpul grip. Would you be able to add a tac grip under the barrel?
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #2395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Nice. I like that magpul grip. Would you be able to add a tac grip under the barrel?
Is it a cz scorpion? Forgrip will probably get his dog shot by the ATF as that is a big no-no for some reason.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #2396
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Came across this on YouTube just now. It's apparently not available in the U.S. yet, and when it is it will retail for around $5,000, but holy shit.....

All I can say is

I was gonna post a link about this Alien gun from Luago... apparently they will do their first production run in all metal and then later release a polymer frame version of it.

As for the $5k price, my understanding is that price is only for the very first run of the pistol and it might have some custom badging, colors etc and only offered in Europe.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-01-2019, 12:03 PM   #2397
Keepin it Real

[IMG][/IMG]
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:07 PM   #2398
Keepin it Real

You’re welcome for the crotch shot.

Picked up this Gen 2 PSA AKV 9MM from a coworker for $600. Been wanting one for a couple weeks. They sell for $700 before Oklahoma sales tax and shipping on their website, which is around $775 OTD. That’s without a red dot and only one mag.

He put on a Vortex Crossfire ($140 on eBay), five extra mags at $20 each, and a Magpul sling. Hard to pass up that deal. PSA sells out of these within hours of listing them.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #2399
Live free or die hard

SMITH & WESSON M&P SHIELD 9MM - $249

Anyone have any experience with this handgun? All the research I've done says nothing but good things.

I'm thinking of picking one up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...eldtm-9mm.html
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:24 PM   #2400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
SMITH & WESSON M&P SHIELD 9MM - $249

Anyone have any experience with this handgun? All the research I've done says nothing but good things.

I'm thinking of picking one up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...eldtm-9mm.html
I've got one on my nightstand. It's easy to shoot and easy to take apart and clean. I like it a lot.