Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2023, 03:23 PM  
For The Glory Of The City

Always impressed with how traveled people on CP are. Anyone spent time in Istanbul?

Meant “well traveled” in the title…

Targeting next fall to visit Turkey for a few weeks and explore Istanbul. Surprised at the affordability of flights to get out there through Delta.

Any recommendations?
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:55 AM   #61
MVP

It is Constantinople
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:03 AM   #62
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
It is Constantinople
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #63
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:
It is Constantinople
It took 5 pages in....CP has lost its burst.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #64
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I always look for deals regarding travel. This KC to Istanbul trip can be done on the cheap if traveling in September. You can book $939 round trip. That flight is a hassle. For $200 more you can fly to Istanbul (weekday) with one stop at JFK with a short layover there and back. That's a hell of a deal.

Next CP get together?!?!?!?!
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:51 AM   #65
The only way to Travel.

I was in Istanbul last year and loved it!

We stayed near the Galata tower at an Airbnb and loved the location!

Of course we did the touristy stuff like the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia which is a must. Also the Grand Bazaar.

When you're by the Galata tower, definitely make sure to get the Basque cheese cake. For whatever reason, there are a bunch of places that sell it and it's DELISH.

Oh and get Kabobs at Şehzade Cağ Kebap. Sooooo goood.
Ecto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEcto-I is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-10-2023, 12:04 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Nice, thanks! I appreciate the suggestions!
Depending on what airport you are flying into, I highly suggest getting a hotel within walking distance of one of the major stations in Tokyo: Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shibuya, and Shinjuku. The N'EX and Shinkansen trains have space for luggage. You don't want to haul your luggage on the Ginza or even worse Yamanote line.

If your hotel isn't then I would use a baggage delivery service to deliver your luggage right to your hotel. Would also suggest this if you get in several hours before hotel check in.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-10-2023, 01:17 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto-I View Post
I was in Istanbul last year and loved it!

We stayed near the Galata tower at an Airbnb and loved the location!

Of course we did the touristy stuff like the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia which is a must. Also the Grand Bazaar.

When you're by the Galata tower, definitely make sure to get the Basque cheese cake. For whatever reason, there are a bunch of places that sell it and it's DELISH.

Oh and get Kabobs at Şehzade Cağ Kebap. Sooooo goood.
Awesome
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2023, 03:36 PM   #68
Starter

I've been to Istanbul a couple times, both for a few days each time. It's an amazing place, the literal intersection of east and west for several millennia.

I would say to be slow and methodical about doing stuff. Don't try and see everything in two days, but maybe see one/two things in the morning each day. Waste away the rest of the day in cafes and rooftop bars. Walk around, look down alleys, drink local beers, try local foods. Have lots of coffee, talk to locals. Look at signs or markers about history. It was the center of the known world for several hundred years, so there's plenty.

Wait to see the bazaar until the third or fourth day, once you've got a feel for the city and the various shit they sell everywhere. You'll quickly see that there isn't much value there. But it is cool to see the sweets/spices and all that stuff in one spot.

If you want to buy some stuff, ask the locals if they have a friend. They always do. Negotiations is part of everything without a listed price (sometimes with). Trying to skip it is a little rude (at least it was 5-6 years ago). Enjoy it, take the tea, smoke some cigarettes with them, and buy something. I spent three hours negotiating over four rugs once. Was so much fun looking back.

I like hotels there, because it gives you several people to talk to and ask questions about what to do and what to see. They also were really cheap when we went and centrally located.

Avoid talking politics, its easy to mention that we have problems in the US too.

Skip Izmir (unless gong to Selcuk), go to the places that look amazing and speak to you.
nbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbkc fan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-10-2023, 06:17 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkc fan View Post
I've been to Istanbul a couple times, both for a few days each time. It's an amazing place, the literal intersection of east and west for several millennia.

I would say to be slow and methodical about doing stuff. Don't try and see everything in two days, but maybe see one/two things in the morning each day. Waste away the rest of the day in cafes and rooftop bars. Walk around, look down alleys, drink local beers, try local foods. Have lots of coffee, talk to locals. Look at signs or markers about history. It was the center of the known world for several hundred years, so there's plenty.

Wait to see the bazaar until the third or fourth day, once you've got a feel for the city and the various shit they sell everywhere. You'll quickly see that there isn't much value there. But it is cool to see the sweets/spices and all that stuff in one spot.

If you want to buy some stuff, ask the locals if they have a friend. They always do. Negotiations is part of everything without a listed price (sometimes with). Trying to skip it is a little rude (at least it was 5-6 years ago). Enjoy it, take the tea, smoke some cigarettes with them, and buy something. I spent three hours negotiating over four rugs once. Was so much fun looking back.

I like hotels there, because it gives you several people to talk to and ask questions about what to do and what to see. They also were really cheap when we went and centrally located.

Avoid talking politics, its easy to mention that we have problems in the US too.

Skip Izmir (unless gong to Selcuk), go to the places that look amazing and speak to you.
Lots of good info here thanks. will be there for about 12 days I totally agree I try not to go crazy and fit a million things into a small span of time so I think a few weeks will be a good time frame for me.

Lots of options hotel wise it will be hard to choose.
Old 07-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #70
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkc fan View Post

This right here is why America is the greatest country on earth. We put a price on something and you can buy it for that price or not. Haggling is the second-worst experience on earth after being in a tire fire.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:20 PM   #71
Shameless Homer

Quote:
It is Constantinople
Hey, that's nobody's business but the Turks!
DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.