Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #781
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
The most common mistakes are not enough moisture in the dough, not enough flavor in the masa, and letting the dough dry out.

I bet you could make AWESOME tamales. You just need them fresh and moist and flavirful. Nothing worse than bland dry masa.

I'm a big fan of mixing some if the salsa into the masa from whatever meat you fill with. Lots of mantecs and chicken broth.

Platano leaf helps keep moist. No corn husk
The dough wasn't dry. The flavor needed work I suppose but I was surprised that was even in them. I think it was unexpected but more of a texture thing. To be honest, the husk is what intrigued me to try them. I thought those were cool looking.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #782
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Same way for me. I've hated grits my whole life. Until I discovered a chef that treated the right. Now I make them at home semi-regularly.
I cannot find any around here. Not even at the natural market or Fresh Market. No one carries them. Not the stone ground anyway. I got some two years ago at a Christmas show in Panama City. So I guess I'll have to re-order more online. What a drag to do that an pay shipping.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #783
Happy Easter!

And you would think being in the south that some organic or natural food market would carry stone ground grits. We even have a new Whole Foods but nothing there either.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #784
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I cannot find any around here. Not even at the natural market or Fresh Market. No one carries them. Not the stone ground anyway. I got some two years ago at a Christmas show in Panama City. So I guess I'll have to re-order more online. What a drag to do that an pay shipping.

Bummer. Maybe because I'm in the Deep South, I can find them in the grocery. But there's a small granary that provides them for one of the upscale restaurants, and I get mine (and fresh eggs) from them.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:28 PM   #785
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
And you would think being in the south that some organic or natural food market would carry stone ground grits. We even have a new Whole Foods but nothing there either.

You're in Florida, right? That's IN the south, but it's definitely not the South. Drive to Georgia or Alabama and stock up.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #786
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
You're in Florida, right? That's IN the south, but it's definitely not the South. Drive to Georgia or Alabama and stock up.
I am outside of Tampa Bay up the coast to the north more. I didn't think of that. There's an idea. I believe I've an assignment coming up in January in Georgia. It will depend on my hours as things can be scheduled uber tight making things rush, rush.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:21 AM   #787
Cheat Death

Ordered a pretty meh bowl of ramen yesterday. It was Korean style with shrimp and kimchi. I felt it was overpowered by green onion and the shrimp stock didn't have near the depth that the pork broth has. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:29 AM   #788
Supporter

I've had good tamales, but still greatly prefer a decent empanada.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:10 PM   #789
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I've had good tamales, but still greatly prefer a decent empanada.
Oh yeah! I'd take an empanada over a tamale anyday!
Old 12-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #790
Mod Team

That's true too. I'm not in love with Tamales but getting homemade ones once a year is a nice treat. I do grow tired of them rather quickly though so a dozen usually does me.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #791
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Speaking of Aldi have you tried the Priano Marinara sauce they sell? Thats about as good as it gets for store bought. ATK should put that one in there taste test!
The family that started Ragu makes Aldi sauces. They sold the Ragu brand in the '60s and started another company. They now make pasta sauce for Aldi along with sauces for Rinaldi and Newman's Own.

There used to be a great website that listed who made Aldi products. It was quite interesting to see who made products for them.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #792
MVP

I made rye bread today. It's sitting on the cooling rack and smells awesome. Sometimes simple things are the best.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #793
Happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I made rye bread today. It's sitting on the cooling rack and smells awesome. Sometimes simple things are the best.
Yum, that sounds good. I should use up my rye flour by making a few of those.

Pile on corned beef with a hunk of cheese, sauerkraut with a pickle on the side.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #794
MVP

I prefer ceviche on tamales. Otherwise I won't eat a tamale. But usually it is just ceviche over a tostada with a light layer of mayo, or sliced avocado.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #795
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
How any one can give up bread I will never know. Bread is best.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.