Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't really care about his years with the Rams. That was a ****ing dumpster fire that sucked everyone in.

Again, when he's had talented guys, he's been good.
Agreed,

We just need shut down corners and amazing pass rush now....
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Agreed,

We just need shut down corners and amazing pass rush now....
We needed that no matter who we hired or what system we ran.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #4

Quote:
We needed that no matter who we hired or what system we ran.
No we already had a pass rush, switching to a 4-3 opens huge question marks at DE your main pass rushers in a 4-3.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No we already had a pass rush, switching to a 4-3 opens huge question marks at DE your main pass rushers in a 4-3.
We had a pass rush. One of those pass rushers is a free agent.

You can put Houston at DE.

I also think it's easier to draft and find players for a 43 than a 34.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #6

Quote:
We had a pass rush. One of those pass rushers is a free agent.

You can put Houston at DE.

I also think it's easier to draft and find players for a 43 than a 34.
I agree it is easier, but make no mistake about it. It will be a defensive rebuild, would have preferred any 3-4 coach to a rebuild.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I agree it is easier, but make no mistake about it. It will be a defensive rebuild, would have preferred any 3-4 coach to a rebuild.
How many downs per game are we actually in a 3 man front anyway?

I don't know that it's going to be as big of a change as you're making it out to be.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #8
Don't tread on me.

Quote:
Personally, I don't understand how the defense will need rebuilt. All of our 3-4 DE's/OLB's will transition fine, because frankly, they suck in coverage. So for Ford, Houston, and the others, their job becomes easier. DT's not much of a change. Our LB's are better suited for 4-3 (Hitch thrived at Dallas) Ragland is from Bama and knows the 4-3, not much will change in the back end. I have no clue all the disparaging comments about rough this will be, going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is brutal, that would be much more concerning.
El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.El Jefe Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #9
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I don’t get this at all.

Switching to a 4-3 does next to nothing to limit the DEs. All it will do is take pass coverage out of the equation for guys like Speaks, Houston, Kpass... guys who don’t belong in coverage.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I don’t get this at all.

Switching to a 4-3 does next to nothing to limit the DEs. All it will do is take pass coverage out of the equation for guys like Speaks, Houston, Kpass... guys who don’t belong in coverage.
We do not know how Houston will play at DE that is a question mark. We do know Ford cannot play DE in a 4-3 so he is gone.

So you are taking 2 of our 3 best pass rushers and putting question marks next to them.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
We do not know how Houston will play at DE that is a question mark. We do know Ford cannot play DE in a 4-3 so he is gone.

So you are taking 2 of our 3 best pass rushers and putting question marks next to them.
They were historically bad this past year. It's time for some changes.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #12
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:

WTF do you mean we don’t know how Houston will do? He’s a good run defender and a solid pass rusher. He played in a 4-3 at Georgia. He’ll be fine.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:

Houston's job just got easier, basically. I'm not sure what you're so worried about. He's prototypical size for a 4-3 rush end. IF he reworks his deal. If not, then cut him, save the $15.6 million and go get a guy. There are a few that could be had at the price or lower that would be plus players. If Houston's smart (and I think he is) I'd re-do the deal, park my ass at RDE next to Jones and feast.

I'm really not worried; and I really think it's the best case to try to get something out of our last two #2 picks as they were totally unsuited to play OLB and cover but are physically well suited to play 4-3 DE's.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #14
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don’t get this at all.

I felt like the moves we made last offseason signaled we either wanted to consider a 4-3 or a hybrid. Hitchens has played in that front. Speaks and Nnadi are arguably better suited for a 4-3.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:55 AM   #15
Veteran

Quote:
I don’t get this at all.

Yeah it's almost like they were gearing up for a switch anyway. Speaks and Kpass make zero sense as OLB's in a 3-4.

Last edited by kcclone; 01-23-2019 at 10:01 AM..
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.

Closed Thread