Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
You don't want me picking your computer for you because I have expensive tastes. But dialing back a little I came up with this on PC part picker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mNRDgw

That includes monitor for $1746, so if you already have a monitor then knock off $286 making the machine sub $1500 before tax. Also you might be able to carry other components over from your old computer to your new one, like SSD/HD etc. as long as the parts are beefy enough to handle the newer specs. For example I brought over my old power supply because it was a 1000 watt PSU so I knew it could handle the power needed by the graphics card, processor, mobo etc. I also brought over my last m.2 SSD to add to my 1TB one that I bought to give me a backup drive of sorts.

This build is just something I threw together, there's more work that goes into each individual part to see which is best based on reviews of the product. PC Part Picker is a great website for tinkering around with builds.

I just built my new computer after I got taxes back and I spared very little expense. I would recommend looking up YouTube videos if you're going to compare pre-built vs. do it yourself. YouTube channels like Gamers Nexus/Pauls Hardware, BitWit, OC3D and JayzTwoCents have great content for builders and stick around certain price ranges as well.
Good advice GD. But I’m pretty sure we all know how to build a rig.
(btw another good all-in-one resource for n00b builders is
https://www.wepc.com/)

We’re looking for a good sub-$1K prebuilt rig in this thread though if you happen to see one.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #3
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
You don't want me picking your computer for you because I have expensive tastes. But dialing back a little I came up with this on PC part picker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mNRDgw

That includes monitor for $1746, so if you already have a monitor then knock off $286 making the machine sub $1500 before tax. Also you might be able to carry other components over from your old computer to your new one, like SSD/HD etc. as long as the parts are beefy enough to handle the newer specs. For example I brought over my old power supply because it was a 1000 watt PSU so I knew it could handle the power needed by the graphics card, processor, mobo etc. I also brought over my last m.2 SSD to add to my 1TB one that I bought to give me a backup drive of sorts.

This build is just something I threw together, there's more work that goes into each individual part to see which is best based on reviews of the product. PC Part Picker is a great website for tinkering around with builds.

I just built my new computer after I got taxes back and I spared very little expense. I would recommend looking up YouTube videos if you're going to compare pre-built vs. do it yourself. YouTube channels like Gamers Nexus/Pauls Hardware, BitWit, OC3D and JayzTwoCents have great content for builders and stick around certain price ranges as well.
I used to be on the bleeding edge when building a PC but with all the advancements and the warm weather just around the corner I just want to purchase a plug & play. Something that runs reliably with little effort. I can do my own tech support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
20 second search found a better prebuilt for less.

found several others too

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1VK-005B-000E1

here is the upgraded version for 50 bucks more. same company as the OP, just better deals.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Skytech-R...ype=10&veh=aff
I've had horrible luck with SSD failures and don't want one unless I'm building or buying a LINUX box where the registry isn't integrated into every little operation. Plus 8g of memory isn't enough for 3D CAD.

Thanks for the input. I'm just going to pull the trigger on this one. Seems to be what I'm looking to purchase.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I've had horrible luck with SSD failures and don't want one unless I'm building or buying a LINUX box where the registry isn't integrated into every little operation. Plus 8g of memory isn't enough for 3D CAD.
I use SSD's in all my non-Windows machines but man have I had problems with Windows 10 and SSD's.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #5
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I use SSD's in all my non-Windows machines but man have I had problems with Windows 10 and SSD's.
All my Windows 10 machines have SSD's and haven't encountered a single issue. I had far greater problems with 7200 rpm drives and raid than i've had with SSD.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

This is insanity. SSD is god. Failures are extremely rare. No SSD, no performance.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #7
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
This is insanity. SSD is god. Failures are extremely rare. No SSD, no performance.
If you're worried about performance, you should try using a real OS.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
If you're worried about performance, you should try using a real OS.
When game developers acknowledge a different OS I'll try one, but that's never going to happen with Windows absolutely dominating the market.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #9
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
When game developers acknowledge a different OS I'll try one, but that's never going to happen with Windows absolutely dominating the market.
Right, I remember being a DOS try hard too and then windows 3.1 came and went. No problems right? Windows 95 came and I begrudgingly adopted it. Really no other choice if you're a gamer.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #10
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
Right, I remember being a DOS try hard too and then windows 3.1 came and went. No problems right? Windows 95 came and I begrudgingly adopted it. Really no other choice if you're a gamer.
You buy a console, grit your teeth, and grin and bear it. I won't give Microsoft one more dime of my money. Yeah, I miss out on games here and there but overall, I can still play most of the big ones.