Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #1141
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Just bought a used Mossberg 500 from a local pawn shop. It's everything I've wanted in a shotgun: 12ga, extended magazine, wood furniture, ported barrel, milled receiver for after market gadgets, factory sights. It still had the stickers on it, although I know it was fired as I had to clean the gun. Got it for $285:
Nice. Great price, too.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #1142
Keepin it Real

I'll never stop buying guns. I like collectible guns too much. I'm looking to buy a Tavor X95 for police work as well.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:21 PM
notorious
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #1143
In my youth i pray to keep

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-...dom-rifle.html

God damn

If this deal is still around after i get back from Europe, I'm picking it up.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #1144
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Now's the time to buy an AR. The prices are soooo low it's crazy. I'd do it now. Even though we have Republicans in the majority in congress and Trump in the WH, don't think for a second that DC won't throw law abiding Americans an anti-second amendment curve ball.
These are the "good ol' days" of buying an AR15. Five or ten years from now we'll all regret not buying more when they were under $500.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:38 AM   #1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
These are the "good ol' days" of buying an AR15. Five or ten years from now we'll all regret not buying more when they were under $500.
It's like the 90's with SKS rifles.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #1146
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
It's like the 90's with SKS rifles.
My best friend has one of those. That was my first experience with stripper clips, and long before the days of YouTube. We were fumbling around with that thing like a couple of apes.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #1147
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-...dom-rifle.html

God damn

If this deal is still around after i get back from Europe, I'm picking it up.
That is a great deal. It's hard not to love PSA... just don't be in a rush to receive your stuff (that should be their tag line).
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #1148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
My best friend has one of those. That was my first experience with stripper clips, and long before the days of YouTube. We were fumbling around with that thing like a couple of apes.
My dad picked up a Norinco SKS for like $100 back in the mid 90's from a gun show in Topeka. I saw one in a rack at Cabelas a few months ago with a $700+ price tag on it.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #1149
Live free or die hard

I stepped into some shit this weekend. One of my hunting buddies passed away last month (no kids, older gentleman, not unexpected) and left me two damn good rifles.

The upper one is a Remington Model 700 .270. The second one I've shot many times with him and absolutely fell in love with the rifle which is why I'm guessing he kept me in mind. It's a Winchester Model 70 30-06 with a floating barrel and probably a couple other bells and whistles I don't know about.

I could put a round up gnat's ass with that rifle at 150 yards.

If anyone if familiar with the rifles please post some inside knowledge. All my rifles are made by Savage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0331.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	114414  

Last edited by Otter; 05-14-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #1150
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I stepped into some shit this weekend. One of my hunting buddies passed away last month (no kids, older gentleman, not unexpected) and left me two damn good rifles.

The upper one is a Remington Model 700 .270. The second one I've shot many times with him and absolutely fell in love with the rifle which is why I'm guessing he kept me in mind. It's a Winchester Model 70 30-06 with a floating barrel and probably a couple other bells and whistles I don't know about.

If anyone if familiar with the rifles please post some inside knowledge. All my rifles are made by Savage.
Congrats on the new rigs. Sorry about your friend.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #1151
Roy E.

Quote:

Sorry about your buddy.

Check the serial number on that Winchester. If its a pre-'64 Model 70, it will be worth quite a bit more than a post-'64.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #1152
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Sorry for your loss, but it's cool that he left them to you.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #1153
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
Sorry about your buddy.

Check the serial number on that Winchester. If its a pre-'64 Model 70, it will be worth quite a bit more than a post-'64.
http://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php

If this website is correct the return on the serial # gave me: "The year of manufacture for serial number xxxxx is 1938"

If correct that's absolutely amazing because except for the scope being banged up the gun is almost flawless. I don't plan on selling either but I do want to get them added to the insurance records.

Wow, if this data is correct.

Last edited by Otter; 05-14-2017 at 04:17 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #1154
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

$400 for a DPMS Panther Oracle with iron sights and a quad rail. This is an amazing deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-orac...m-package.html
Old 05-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #1155
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
$400 for a DPMS Panther Oracle with iron sights and a quad rail. This is an amazing deal.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/dpms-orac...m-package.html
I paid considerably more for my DPMS AR-10 - but the damn thing is a tack driver. I don't give a damn about that the "experts" say about DPMS - but I know 2-3 other guys who have both the 15 and the 10 (as well as myself) and we all have the same opinion - damn fine rifles.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.